Bare Escentuals Kabuki Brush

2.6

on 8/28/2009 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is a fairly soft brush, doesn't scratch, but isn't as silky as M.A.C. brushes tend to feel. It also does not provide a full coverage for me because the bristles are not dense enough. The coverage is decent, but I often have to do two layers with this brush, where a denser brush would accomplish in one.

In my opinion, buy this as a starter brush, then move on to a softer & denser kabuki or buffer brush.

on 8/27/2009 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm not in love with this brush, but it does blend products well. It's considerably more poke-y and irritating than the Flawless Face Brush, but it's still a nice brush if you're gentle with your application. I try to avoid running over my eyes with this brush, because it does shed a little. I would also prefer the handle to have a different finish so it would feel more secure in your hand and be easier to control.

on 8/22/2009 5:37:00 AM

I'm rating this right in the middle because I had one awesome Kabuki brush, and one TERRIBLE one. I'm wondering if the quality went (way)down? The first BE Kabuki brush I purchased was amazing -- I was in awe of how well my Bare Minerals went on. My friends literally asked me if I got some kind of chemical peel done, my skin looked so great! After about 2 years, the handle fell off the brush, so I bought another one. -- This second brush was awful! The bristles shed from first use, and worse, the foundation wouldn't apply well at all. I thought I bought a dud, so I exchanged it. -- Same result. It's sad 'cause I really thought I had found my HG mineral foundation brush. :o( Now I've gone back to using BE's standard brush (forgot what the actual name is). It's not as good as my first Kabuki, but it gets the job done. -- As I remember my amazing Kabuki wistfully...

on 8/20/2009 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

This would be my favourite brush. It does tend to shed a bit but then it stops doing that after a while. I enjoy having maximum coverage since my skin is a bit out of control some times. I don't have many complaints about this.

I love this brush. My buki brush is soft. It really does a great job at giving you that maximum coverage when applying your foundation. From time to time I will admit that it does shed, but not so much that I would not use this brush. Its Great!

on 8/10/2009 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really had high hopes for this brush. It's too bad that I haven't found makeypalley.com earlier, so I could read the reviews before I bought it. This brush is not worth the money! It's expensive, shedding like crazy, spikey and irritates the skin! There are so many other kabuki brushes out there that are cheaper and so much more better, so don't buy it,

If you already have this brush and want to make the best out of it...schampoo it well and use CONDITIONER, that might help a little bit.

on 8/8/2009 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

i love this brush alot !
but it does get dry after washing but wash with a shampoo for dry hair and spray with leave in conditioner ...

on 7/29/2009 10:44:00 PM

Was good at first, however after washing it the brush didn't keep it's bristle density and therefore no longer performed it's job as well. It's one strong point is that shedding is next to zero.

on 7/23/2009 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I agree with everyone else.. Awesome out of the package, but after washing got scratchy and rough. Also, after a year my handle fell off and I just threw it away. Switched to Studio Tools duo fiber brush from Target and am in loooovvvee!!

on 7/23/2009 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Seriously, at first, I loved this brush, I found it to be so soft, and had just the right distribution of my foundation. But then, I tried my MAC 183 brush as a substitute, while I washed my kabuki brush, and I thought that was great. Then I switched back, and oh my god! The kabuki brush is so freakn' rough and scratchy. Not good.

Popular Makeup Brushes