October 1, 2014 | 1648 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bare Escentuals - Kabuki Brush

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by evolxlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not in love with this brush, but it does blend products well. It's considerably more poke-y and irritating than the Flawless Face Brush, but it's still a nice brush if you're gentle with your application. I try to avoid running over my eyes with this brush, because it does shed a little. I would also prefer the handle to have a different finish so it would feel more secure in your hand and be easier to control.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2009 5:37:00 AM More reviews by melodictunes

I'm rating this right in the middle because I had one awesome Kabuki brush, and one TERRIBLE one. I'm wondering if the quality went (way)down? The first BE Kabuki brush I purchased was amazing -- I was in awe of how well my Bare Minerals went on. My friends literally asked me if I got some kind of chemical peel done, my skin looked so great! After about 2 years, the handle fell off the brush, so I bought another one. -- This second brush was awful! The bristles shed from first use, and worse, the foundation wouldn't apply well at all. I thought I bought a dud, so I exchanged it. -- Same result. It's sad 'cause I really thought I had found my HG mineral foundation brush. :o( Now I've gone back to using BE's standard brush (forgot what the actual name is). It's not as good as my first Kabuki, but it gets the job done. -- As I remember my amazing Kabuki wistfully...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 7:58:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This would be my favourite brush. It does tend to shed a bit but then it stops doing that after a while. I enjoy having maximum coverage since my skin is a bit out of control some times. I don't have many complaints about this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by brittanypaige0018

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush. My buki brush is soft. It really does a great job at giving you that maximum coverage when applying your foundation. From time to time I will admit that it does shed, but not so much that I would not use this brush. Its Great!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2009 7:28:00 AM More reviews by swechloe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really had high hopes for this brush. It's too bad that I haven't found makeypalley.com earlier, so I could read the reviews before I bought it. This brush is not worth the money! It's expensive, shedding like crazy, spikey and irritates the skin! There are so many other kabuki brushes out there that are cheaper and so much more better, so don't buy it,

If you already have this brush and want to make the best out of it...schampoo it well and use CONDITIONER, that might help a little bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2009 12:14:00 PM More reviews by disneydiva21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i love this brush alot !
but it does get dry after washing but wash with a shampoo for dry hair and spray with leave in conditioner ...

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by zoeykim18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Was good at first, however after washing it the brush didn't keep it's bristle density and therefore no longer performed it's job as well. It's one strong point is that shedding is next to zero.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2009 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Missdawn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree with everyone else.. Awesome out of the package, but after washing got scratchy and rough. Also, after a year my handle fell off and I just threw it away. Switched to Studio Tools duo fiber brush from Target and am in loooovvvee!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Sar_Leo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Seriously, at first, I loved this brush, I found it to be so soft, and had just the right distribution of my foundation. But then, I tried my MAC 183 brush as a substitute, while I washed my kabuki brush, and I thought that was great. Then I switched back, and oh my god! The kabuki brush is so freakn' rough and scratchy. Not good.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2009 11:47:00 PM More reviews by msjesshawk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The brush is kinda funny to deal with. At first it's so nice and soft and in time it gets pretty scratchy and hairs do fall off but i personally think it's the usual thing that happens when it's used so much. is it worth it? nope.