Too Faced Chocolate Soleil

4.5

on 6/23/2014 10:22:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I was so worried about this one breaking me out, due to the whole made-with-cocoa powder-concept, but it didn't. It's a wonderful bronzer! I love how it doesn't make me look orange or muddy, due to the perfect pink-based undertone it has. It smells quite good, like a natural sweet scent unlike many other makeup products. It's matte which makes it great for contouring. The packaging looks cheap tho.

on 6/22/2014 4:03:00 PM

AHMAZING.

Smells soooo goood, matte no annoying sparkle, not orangey.

I use this mainly for countering and it works like a charm. I use it after setting my foundation and it applies smoothly, no blotchy look. Best part it does not make me break out, I have used this brozer for over a year, I have hit pan but still a lot of product left.

Great product. Smells great, almost makes you want to eat it! Somehow it's universally attesting. Makes for a great bronzer AND good for contouring. Only ONLY downside is that after a whole, if you haven't applied proper prep-routine (be cream, or some type of moisturizing serum like base) it can "set in" and appear blotchy. To avoid this I make sure to apply pre-make up products, wait for it to dry completely, and then apply foundation super evenly. Blot face afterwards to avoid excess moisture/oils and you will have a perfect application :)

on 6/12/2014 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I would like to preface this by saying that I'm not generally a fan of Too Faced, as I find (along with Benefit) their packaging and marketing to be too kitschy and twee for my liking. That's just a preference, and when you're paying these kinds of prices for mid to high end makeup, I think it matters.

Having said that, I love this bronzer. I bought it in the small size that came with a travel brush for ten bucks from Sephora on a whim, and holy smokes, this is my HG. I suppose this is supposed to be for darker skinned people, but it looks fantastic on my NC20 skin. No orangey effect, it just looks like the sun hit me in all the right places. It's pigmented, but not overly so, and it just compliments the face and makes me look like a slightly tanned goddess.

I could care less about the chocolate scent, but if you're wondering if it really smells like cocoa, it does. Not a selling point for me, but not enough to deter me from using and loving this awesome product.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Smells so good and it is so pigmented. Love it, its nice and matte

on 6/10/2014 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I just need to say it aloud: "I miss Aqua Bunny Bronzer from Too Faced!!"

Okay, got that out. Because I loved Aqua Bunny so much I decided to try the Chocolate Soleil. I was looking for more of a matte bronzer and this fit the bill. It has a nice (minimal) cocoa powder scent. It's sweet without being disturbingly sweet.

I find that the coverage is buildable and I appreciate that as I'm a olive-skinned girl who, despite wearing SPF daily like it's my job, gets tan in the sun. Another thing I noticed is that it's not chalky like some bronzers.

I would say the best thing (which is probably a weirdo thing to say) is that it doesn't make me look 'dirty'. A few other department store matte bronzers make me feel like Pig Pen. For instance, Benefit Hoola made me look like I was heading to a callback for Les Mis, auditioning for the part of a street urchin.

Nonetheless, this is not orange, but I detect something in the bronzy color that makes it more 'I just spent a day at the beach' versus 'I just did some major dumpster diving.'

on 6/9/2014 12:15:00 AM

Great for contouring, does not have red undertones. Lovely smell, finely miller. I got mine for free via Sephora's VIB points program, so I have a little sample-sized pan; however I think it's so amazing I'm going to have to buy the full-sized product just in case it gets discontinued!

on 6/2/2014 2:42:00 AM

I have a love/hate relationship with this bronzer because it really does work well and adds a nice matte bronzed look when contouring and it smells so damn good, but i can't really justify the ridiculous 30 dollar price tag when it does not really outshine other bronzers even drugstore ones. One of the ways that it might would be that it is not powdery, once you stick your brush in the powder is so finely milled that it won't be all over the compact like other bronzers/blushes. Although it does seem very dark and like it could leave some harsh lines it does come off very light once applied on the face, and if you do use a heavy hand it is very blend able and an easy fix. Overall, if you've been wanting to try it and have 30 bucks to spare, I think you should try it once (mostly so you can smell its deliciousness) it is definitely a good bronzer but not worth the expensive price to me. If you don't have that kind of money to spend using a wet and wild or nyc sunny bronzer will give you the same effect as this one for way cheaper!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This bronzer was exactly what I wanted for a good, sculpted contour. It has NO hints of orange or red undertones, which is a huge plus for me. The fragrance is amazing; it smells exactly like hot cocoa powder/chocolate. However, one warning to future users of this product: Do NOT go into your contour with a heavy hand (unless you are trying to achieve the drag queen look).

I love this bronzer! Not only because it smells like chocolate, but it's also one of the only medium/deep bronzers that does not make my fair skin look muddy. I can get away with using this as a contour, and even on the apples of my cheeks without it looking too deep or unnatural. The consistency is super smooth, and it glides on like a dream. There is absolutely no shimmer, which is probably why fair complexions can get away with using it. The staying power I'v noticed is really fantastic - if I contoured with this - I notice my blush ALWAYS fading before this bronzer. Really love this stuff, a must have for the warmer months!

Popular Bronzers

Laguna
HOOLA
Chocolate Soleil

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder- Review and Comparison to NARS Laguna by Lindsey Rose