E.L.F. Studio Contour Brush (Eye)

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got this for a 1.00 and thought hey it may or may not work, but glad I did this is one of my go to brushes everyday. It blends so well and had a great handle to hold in your hand. I now have many other of the elf brushes and they work just as great as my more costly brushes,,,,

on 8/21/2009 11:27:00 PM

I think I got lucky compared to the other reviewers because my brush came to me in perfect condition. I really like this brush, it's dense but has got a lot of give to it. It holds eyeshadows really well and it blends nicely. My brush has a bleachy/new smell to it, but I'm sure it's because I just took it out of the packaging. It's a very good brush to own, probably one of the more useful brushes from the line. I would buy it again.

on 8/20/2009 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

I've been scared of ordering this brush for a long time because of some of the previous reviews (scratched and bleeding eyelids *shudder*), but when the studio line was 75% off, I thought I'd give it a try. For reference, the ferrule and bristles are almost the exact same size as Smashbox's #15 Definer brush, but since the ELF one is less dense it has more give and actually blends better than my Smashbox brush. I'm still a bit wary and extra careful when using this (don't need any more scars on my face), but overall I really like it and have already ordered a backup.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I was worried by some of the other reviews that it would be half-full or not crimped, but I got this in the mail today and my brush does not have that problem. I love it! I use it for the crease to apply color and also to blend. I like it a little better than their $1 blending brush.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I gave the packaging quality a 1 on this brush because as other reviewers said they did not crimp the ferrule and if you try to use it the way it is it will hit your eye and scratch it. I actually scratched my eyelid so bad it brought blood! :S But I just mentioned it to my husband and asked if he could crimp it.

I told him I didn't care if it changed the shape because I couldn't use it anyway so why not experiment? He took a pair of pliers (or whatever those things are, I dunno really lol) And smushed the ferrule down flat. It turned the brush into the coolest eyeshadow brush ever! It's very much like the plain eyeshadow brush in the dollar line but smaller and will be perfect for the inner corner of the eye or the inner half of the lid. :D

So now that it is fixed I give it a 5 out of 5 lol before that though? A zero! Give it to your hubby and let him smush it! hahaha

on 6/4/2009 11:36:00 AM

I purchased all ten of the studio line brushes and love most of them. This one however, I do not. I think E.L.F forgot to fill and crimp the ferule, as mentioned by two others, as it only appears half full. Pushing the bristles to the side reveals a big nasty gap! This will not be going anywhere near my skin for fear that I would scratch myself when trying to use it! Also, all 10 brushes have an extremely strong chemical smell to them, I hope this is resolved in washing!

This is just a beautiful brush all the way around. It looks fabulous with it's all-black handle and matching bristles and it feels SOOOOOO incredibly soft! This brush is a great size for applying color to the crease of the eye and it's bristles are perfectly shaped for that job as well. It makes applying shadow extremely quick and easy. This makes me feel very professional whenever I use it! For just $3 I think this brush is a steal...

on 5/3/2009 5:53:00 PM

I really like this brush. It is dense and comes to a point in the middle, if you place your finger on the top you can actually feel how sturdy the bristles in the center of the brush are. Yet it is still incredible soft! I am asian and have small eyes but i still use this for my outer v and my crease. Good brush great price and nice appearance!

on 4/23/2009 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I have no idea what this brush was designed for. I bought it to use as a crease brush and it's fine for light applications but if I apply a little pressure the ferule touches my skin. If I push the hairs to one side I can see it's only half full. Like another reviewer said, it's almost like they forgot to crimp it. I use this sometimes for applying a highlight to my inner corner, but it creates a lot of fall out for that. It doesn't really blend well because unless you're holding it at a 90 degree angle to your face, the ferule touches your skin. The E.L.F. blending brush for $1 works so much better for this. I wouldn't spend the money on this again. I got the Essence of Beauty 2 pack crease brushes and for what they do I might as well throw this one away. Like the other studio products, the packaging of this brush is beautiful. Matte black handle, shiny black ferule and black bristles. The bristles are very soft and I've experienced zero shedding. I love the way it looks but it doesn't perform as an eyeshadow brush. Maybe I'll use it to contour my nose.

on 4/4/2009 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this brush! Bought it off the website on sale and adore it. Much better than brushes at the drugstore and a pretty decent brush.
PROS: Cheap! Works great. Looks great. Feels very soft. Hasn't shed.
CONS: Smells a little plasticky at first but after cleaning/airing out, smells fine.
Overall, will buy again and would definitely recommend to friends!