November 23, 2014 | 1132 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Contour Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2009 7:18:00 PM More reviews by ComplexCorrigan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is just a beautiful brush all the way around. It looks fabulous with it's all-black handle and matching bristles and it feels SOOOOOO incredibly soft! This brush is a great size for applying color to the crease of the eye and it's bristles are perfectly shaped for that job as well. It makes applying shadow extremely quick and easy. This makes me feel very professional whenever I use it! For just $3 I think this brush is a steal...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by ekb81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this brush. It is dense and comes to a point in the middle, if you place your finger on the top you can actually feel how sturdy the bristles in the center of the brush are. Yet it is still incredible soft! I am asian and have small eyes but i still use this for my outer v and my crease. Good brush great price and nice appearance!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2009 1:35:00 PM More reviews by sspearls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have no idea what this brush was designed for. I bought it to use as a crease brush and it's fine for light applications but if I apply a little pressure the ferule touches my skin. If I push the hairs to one side I can see it's only half full. Like another reviewer said, it's almost like they forgot to crimp it. I use this sometimes for applying a highlight to my inner corner, but it creates a lot of fall out for that. It doesn't really blend well because unless you're holding it at a 90 degree angle to your face, the ferule touches your skin. The E.L.F. blending brush for $1 works so much better for this. I wouldn't spend the money on this again. I got the Essence of Beauty 2 pack crease brushes and for what they do I might as well throw this one away. Like the other studio products, the packaging of this brush is beautiful. Matte black handle, shiny black ferule and black bristles. The bristles are very soft and I've experienced zero shedding. I love the way it looks but it doesn't perform as an eyeshadow brush. Maybe I'll use it to contour my nose.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

LOVE this brush! Bought it off the website on sale and adore it. Much better than brushes at the drugstore and a pretty decent brush.
PROS: Cheap! Works great. Looks great. Feels very soft. Hasn't shed.
CONS: Smells a little plasticky at first but after cleaning/airing out, smells fine.
Overall, will buy again and would definitely recommend to friends!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2009 10:25:00 PM More reviews by sabine

EDIT: I talked to ELF about this brush cuz it just seemed too weird (see my original review below) - and I got another one - MUCH MUCH better. At least I know I wasn't crazy with my opinions on the first one I got. I use this often now - esp to deposit heavier colors more precisely. Love it and so sleek looking.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
I may change my rating on this. I would have given it a higher score, but I feel liek the haris are not "tall" enough. i have a very small crease and I could barely get it to cover enough...it's like the hairs go down and hide in the handle or something. it's otherwise a gorgeous brush with great packaging and a very light handle which makes it quite easy to use.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2009 4:05:00 PM More reviews by WifeAndMommy83

I was excited to buy this brush, and thought it would be the end to my search for a perfect crease brush. I was wrong. This is kind of hard to explain, but I'll try. When I use the brush LIGHTLY on my eye, it works fine, but when I tried to blend more vigorously, the ferrule seemed to scrape my eye. When I looked at the brush, there seemed to be nothing wrong with it, but when I held the brush and pushed sideways on the bristles, there was a gap between the bristles and the inside of the ferrule. It almost seems like they were supposed to crimp the end of the ferrule, but they forgot. I own many cheap brushes, and NONE of my others have this problem. I much prefer my Essence of Beauty crease brushes from CVS. Each of those cost less than this brush (they come in a pack of two), and I LOVE them. The E.L.F. brush is going to end up in the back of a drawer somewhere only to be pulled out in emergency situations.
As for the other qualities of the brush:
-It hasn't shed.
-It had a chemical smell, but it's gone now that I washed it.
-It is synthetic black bristles with a black ferrule and black handle.
-It didn't fade when I washed it.
-The bristles are soft (which doesn't much matter when the ferrule scrapes my eye)
I would not buy this brush again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2009 12:51:00 AM More reviews by piyopiyo127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i love this, i got it and i wasn't really sure how to "contour" my eyes since i don't use brushes a lot but now i realize it's just because i didn't have the right brush!!! this is great for defining the "outer v" as i never could do it with any other of my sonia kashuk or other eyeshadow brushes. the hairs on this are so short and stubby it gives me great control over what i'm doing yet the hairs are soft enough that the shadow isn't just a "line" but a softly blended defined v. wonderful and only $3! BUY IT! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by L22nene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Purchased this ELF studio brush before any reviews were available on the ELF website. Am so glad I purchased this! Is a wonderful blending brush, great quality - and for $3 it's a steal! It did have a weird chemical smell like the other ELF brush I purchased along with it (flat top studio ELF brush - also excellent!!) but after washing it , smell went away. Again, cannot say enough good things about this brush - is just as good as any MAC brush I've used!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 6:37:00 PM More reviews by thewomanwarrior

This review is for the new ELF Studio Contouring Brush. I bought a few of the new ELF studio makeup brushes and I'm very impressed with them. Each studio brush is only 3 bucks and all the brushes are made of synthetic taklon fibers and have black handles. The bristles do not bleed or shed at all. The brushes have this weird chemical stench (you will smell it right away). However, after washing the brush once, the smell goes away. :-) The ELF studio brushes are packaged differently than the regular brushes. They are each packaged in this shiny ziploc case (The front part is clear plastic so you can easily view the brush and the back part of the case is silver..maybe a foil type of material). You tear the top portion off and open the case to get the makeup brush out. The ELF Studio Contouring Brush is very very soft so it won't cause any harsh tugging on your eyelids. The bristles are even and tapered at the end. My brush looks pretty much like the picture on ELF's website (see uploaded image..oh..and of course..the actual brush is larger than the image). It picks up eyeshadow easily and applies it evenly on the eyelids. The Contouring Brush is very versatile. It can be used as a blending eyeshadow brush or you can use it to apply eyeshadow on the crease or you can apply color on the Outer V of your eyelid. It's an excellent brush for creating a sexy smokey cat eye look. You can also use it to contour the bridges of your nose. Since the brush is made of synthetic fibers, you can use it to apply concealer or wet eyeshadow or cream eyeshadow. There are no limits to this brush. Go ahead and buy it from the ELF website. It's only 3 bucks! You won't regret it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No