October 25, 2014 | 1806 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - 2000 Calorie Extreme Lash Plumper [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by mahoghany45

This is the only drug store mascara I will ever use! I've been using this product since 2000 and i'm pretty sure it's been out longer than that. Such a shame that Covergirl comes out with the same type of mascara and everyone's hyping it up like it's so original! :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by atsugari

I love this mascara I've been using it for two weeks now. My previous mascara Diorshow has dried out. So I've replaced it with this after seeing it in Blush the tv show. I've got to say it's a deep black color, holds a curl to my straight, short asian lashes. It lengthens them with one coat. Add two coats for more drama. It doesn't volumize as well as the Diorshow but it didn't smudge. I've had problems with mascaras smudging on me so I rarely venture out from what works for me.

The brush at first was really hard to use for my inner corner lashes I ended up poking my eyes with the sharp bristles the first couple times I use it but I got the hang of it now. It does hurt a lot to be poked in the eye with this so be careful when u first use it.

Only con I have is it's difficult to remove at the end of the day I have to use cleansing oil to remove all traces of it since cleanser doesn't do the job. A small sacrifice for great lashes. I realized that great mascara doesn't have to be expensive. I'll repurchase again.

UPDATE: I've found a better one that more user friendly for me. I'll have to move on from this one. Yay!! no more poking eyes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2009 12:58:00 AM More reviews by jinxd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First off, I love Max Factor mascaras. If they do one thing right, that's definitely it. The Volume Couture is my HG and has been since it came out.

This.... eh. Some days it worked, others it didn't. When it did it was great but I can get the same effect from the VC with a couple extra coats and not as much care put into application.

Pros:
    Deep color
    Long lasting
    No smudging
    Quickly volumizes

Cons:
    While the brush is the same as Lash Blast it seems harder to wield, a little bulkier or harder to grip or something.
    Takes more care in application than I care to deal with to avoid clumps or odd lashes sticking out here and there.
    Weighed down my lashes.
    Didn't add much length. Yes I know this is for volume but without some added length, all that volume just looks weird.
    Caused breakage.

I'll be sticking with my Volume Couture. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by MMarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is becoming HG status for me. I only need to apply one coat of this mascara to achieve a very full mascara look aka long, thick lashes which by the way hold a curl w/o using a curling tool. It lasts all day and my lashes do not feel crispy. No flaking and no rubbing off. Plus it works well with my super sensitive eyes and does not irritate them in the least. It's a bit costly for a drugstore mascara but much cheaper than most dept store brands and works as well or better than them!!! Give it a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2009 10:25:00 PM More reviews by JelliBelli247

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It should have occured to me that if it looks like Lashblast, it most likely IS Lashblast. Yep you guessed it. From the brush to the pkging to the formula. It is an amazing mascara, the same as my lashblast that I love. The only diff is that this pkg is black and the lashblast pkg is orange.
    I did some research and found that the actual parent company is the same, shrugs..it figures HAHA. The formula is a bit we but smooth, it plumps my lashes nicely, doesnt smudge and doesnt clump very much. Overall a great mascara, but i like the pkg of Lashblast better. Would not buy again for that reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2009 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Charamuska

wow..love this mascara gives you alot of volume and this mixed with the shesido base mascara looks like fake eyelashes!!!
    i love it i will keep buying it

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by oozy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I reall love this mascara. I have spent so much money on mascaras lately as I cannot find one that I am happy with. I was not very impressed with incl YSL Faux Cils, Diorshow, a couple from Clinique, the Sephora 10 mini mascara kit (did not like any of them). I probably have about 30 or so mascaras. This is everything I want in a mascara. It really separates individual lashes, it lengthens, and it even holds a nice curl without a lash curler on my short, straight lashes. I did not think I would like this because the I did not care for Lash Blast, but this formula is so much better. Such a great buy, especially for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 8:02:00 AM More reviews by lpfun

HG HG HG HG!!!!!!!!!!! I've been using this for almost a month before officially writing this review. I wanted to make double sure I liked it just as much as I thought I did when I first bought it. And actually I LOVE it. Gives tons of volume, which I prefer over length. Doesn't crumble or smudge even after I've been giving facials in a hot streamy room for 9 hours. I will say I always wipe off any excess mascara from the wand with a tissue before I apply and then I layer away. Now I have beautiful, thick, dark, dark lashes. No need for a liner and gives the most feminine lashes (not trashy/clumpy or too natural...just right).So go on and plunk down that 10 bucks ladies (or gentlemen) it's worth it...just make sure you have a good oil to remove it with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2009 2:07:00 PM More reviews by terriv13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Really liked this! I used the Chanel Extreme I think it was called, and didn't like it near as well as this! This gives my lashes length and thickness, without any flaking or smudging. Big deal in my book! I still use Blinc's Kiss Me mascara (the tube kind of stuff) on my lower lashes, as I have dry skin, so use a heavy eye cream and concealer, so conventional mascaras always smudge, where the Kiss Me doesn't! Fantastic combo that works beautifully for me all day!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2009 1:54:00 AM More reviews by FracturedBroken

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was a huge letdown. It does make my eyelashes long, but I've had others that worked better. It smudged far to easily and yet wouldn't come completely off without my ending up making my eyes red and irritated. Oh well moving on to try something new.

Update. I've found it works better when I layer it. I've been using it with Lash Injection. I will use it that way for now and try to find a better eye makeup remover to get it off. I've been meaning to get one anyway. I won't repurchase this when I'm done.