October 2, 2014 | 1726 users online

Crème - Cover Girl - Simply Ageless

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by tirtlegrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation because the swirled colors looked so cool. I don't understand the large number of complaints online and on YT about the difficulty of opening the container; it obviously twists off even if it is stiff. You can see the screw threads through the glass, folks!
For the foundation itself: I would recommend this for people who have normal to oily skin. It dries to a nice powder/matte finish. It covers redness REALLY well and stays put all day. It doesn't sink into the teeny fine lines under my eyes, which is great, but I can't use it on my forehead because it makes the lines that are almost undetectable sans makeup look like troughs! It's really thick and dries fast, so the only way I can make it work is to moisturize like heck first, and then instead of waiting for the lotion to sink in I apply the foundation right away, lightly, with a damp sponge. A primer might make it go on better but the foundation is already expensive for a drugstore brand ($13 at wal-mart, up to $16 elsewhere) and the primer is about the same so if I'm going to spend that much money on makeup I might as well get a better foundation I can actually blend. Also: the foundation dries MUCH lighter than it appears in the package. I have very light skin with a slight ashy/yellow undertone, and normally just go for whatever CG foundation is lightest, but their 205 made me look like a ghost!

Final say: Love the coverage, but workability nil. Definitely better options out there!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by everythingblack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this at a local store called "Small Change" I got it for 4 bucks......and btw I love this store...they have tons of beauty products that they pick up for a steal...... somewhere. These products are not expired, so I am not sure where they get them, but nevertheless, I love going there and always spend at least 25 - 30 bucks on things I just want "to try". Anyway...back to the foundation. I am in love with it and have only used it 2X. I think the one I got is # 235 Light/Medium. I have been tanning, so I am able to wear something other than the lightest shade; otherwise I think even the lightest shade would be too dark for me as the color of these don't appear to vary very much from shade to shade. But that is MO. I am 43 and I have very oily skin, so I have been blessed with not having wrinkles ...yet. I do have some fine lines around my mouth, but nothing major. This foundation gives full coverage, so I use a very light hand and a damp sponge. I didn't even try the one that came with it, so cannot comment on it's usage. The coverage of this is wonderful, but it does emphasize dry patches which I tend to get from using acne treatment products, but I use an oil-free mositurizer before applying which helps a lot. Unlike most foundations, I find I can use this without applying a loose powder over it. And, it does not show my oilyness less than an hour later like most foundations. I am so glad I picked this up - even though I thought it would be way too moisturizing for my skin type with the white ribbon in it.
UPDATE - I have gotten rid of this foundation as it started making my face look like it was all caked up with too much makeup. No matter how little I apply it just looks very fake and cakey. I went from loving this to hating it : (

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2011 1:36:00 AM More reviews by indiana2008

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I decided to give this a try as I have some fine lines and large pores. Sadly, it didn't quite deliver even as I applied it as lightly and as sparely as I could. It made my face oily and had breakouts. And yes, the pores are very visible. And this is not exactly cheap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use a foundation brush to apply this - never even tried to use the applicator that came with it. Having said that, it only takes a small amount of this to give decent coverage. I don't like to look like I'm wearing makeup but I do want my flaws covered - sometimes that's asking a lot. I found this makeup, if applied with a light hand, does just that. I have also received compliments on my makeup while wearing this, so that's really saying something.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by auntdaisy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this stuff! I have a few wrinkles around my eyes and on my forehead. This goes on so smoothly and creamy. People say "your skin looks so creamy." That makes me feel good. I agree with others when they complain about the useless sponge that comes with the foundation. I just rub my fingers over the foundation to warm it slightly and apply that way. It goes on smoothly and you can blend easily. The only complaint I have is that I wish it had a mirror included. If you don't have one available it isn't always convenient to apply on the go. Other than that, I adore this foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2011 6:27:00 AM More reviews by JLPellegrino

I really wanted to like this product but it just didn't work for me. I am 38 and I really don't have many wrinkles yet, however, as I got older my skin has become dry in some spots. This made whatever fine lines I had, seem more pronounced and settled there. Not a good look. :-(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 10:47:00 AM More reviews by xine_07

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation, more than I thought I would. I purchased this in January to help my combination skin that went more dry in the Canadian winter. After reading most of the reviews I picked this up in shade Creamy Natural 220. At the same time I also bought 2 Quo thick oval makeup sponges to use for application. I agree that the sponge that comes with it is useless and haven't touched it. To apply, I gently swirl my sponge in the product, and then with a light hand dab it on my face in short downward strokes, as if I was using a foundation brush. Using little product and blending well seems to work the best for me. I really like how well is smooths over pores and does not emphasize them. After blending I set it with Marcelle loose powder. It wears well on me, about 10 hours with some oily breakthrough on my forehead. When I first started using it I could feel it on my skin, but once I started using less product I find it comfortable to wear. Once the weather warms up I don't believe it will work as well for me, but I would certainly buy it again in the cold months.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by sweetlily2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this; the lightest shade matches my skin perfectly. The only bad thing is the applicator sponge has a weird smell that stayed on my skin and I couldn't stand it. Easy fix; just toss it and use my beautyblender. I would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Andrea2626

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation. I am only 30 but I have fine lines around my eyes.

My tip- use a sponge brush and apply VERY LIGHTLY! When I first bought this product I didn't like how heavy it looked, but then I started applying just a few "spots" of foundation all over and smoothing them with a sponge applicator (I buy these separate). The look is very nice- not to heavy or cake-y.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 9:33:00 AM More reviews by kitten916

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, well I have never worn foundation before (I know I'm kinda old) but I absolutely love this stuff. Once I figured out how to put it on properly it looks like my own skin but better. I went to the covergirl website and did the color match profile. I had my hubby chose the closest skin tone to mine for me. It chose number 215 for me and it is perfect. I would definatly buy it again. It's worth the price to me.I read all the reviews here and I find the packaging to be easy to use, I like it.