July 31, 2014 | 1811 users online

Crème - Cover Girl - Simply Ageless

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2011 1:36:00 AM More reviews by indiana2008

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I decided to give this a try as I have some fine lines and large pores. Sadly, it didn't quite deliver even as I applied it as lightly and as sparely as I could. It made my face oily and had breakouts. And yes, the pores are very visible. And this is not exactly cheap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use a foundation brush to apply this - never even tried to use the applicator that came with it. Having said that, it only takes a small amount of this to give decent coverage. I don't like to look like I'm wearing makeup but I do want my flaws covered - sometimes that's asking a lot. I found this makeup, if applied with a light hand, does just that. I have also received compliments on my makeup while wearing this, so that's really saying something.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by auntdaisy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this stuff! I have a few wrinkles around my eyes and on my forehead. This goes on so smoothly and creamy. People say "your skin looks so creamy." That makes me feel good. I agree with others when they complain about the useless sponge that comes with the foundation. I just rub my fingers over the foundation to warm it slightly and apply that way. It goes on smoothly and you can blend easily. The only complaint I have is that I wish it had a mirror included. If you don't have one available it isn't always convenient to apply on the go. Other than that, I adore this foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2011 6:27:00 AM More reviews by JLPellegrino

I really wanted to like this product but it just didn't work for me. I am 38 and I really don't have many wrinkles yet, however, as I got older my skin has become dry in some spots. This made whatever fine lines I had, seem more pronounced and settled there. Not a good look. :-(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 10:47:00 AM More reviews by xine_07

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation, more than I thought I would. I purchased this in January to help my combination skin that went more dry in the Canadian winter. After reading most of the reviews I picked this up in shade Creamy Natural 220. At the same time I also bought 2 Quo thick oval makeup sponges to use for application. I agree that the sponge that comes with it is useless and haven't touched it. To apply, I gently swirl my sponge in the product, and then with a light hand dab it on my face in short downward strokes, as if I was using a foundation brush. Using little product and blending well seems to work the best for me. I really like how well is smooths over pores and does not emphasize them. After blending I set it with Marcelle loose powder. It wears well on me, about 10 hours with some oily breakthrough on my forehead. When I first started using it I could feel it on my skin, but once I started using less product I find it comfortable to wear. Once the weather warms up I don't believe it will work as well for me, but I would certainly buy it again in the cold months.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by sweetlily2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this; the lightest shade matches my skin perfectly. The only bad thing is the applicator sponge has a weird smell that stayed on my skin and I couldn't stand it. Easy fix; just toss it and use my beautyblender. I would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Andrea2626

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation. I am only 30 but I have fine lines around my eyes.

My tip- use a sponge brush and apply VERY LIGHTLY! When I first bought this product I didn't like how heavy it looked, but then I started applying just a few "spots" of foundation all over and smoothing them with a sponge applicator (I buy these separate). The look is very nice- not to heavy or cake-y.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 9:33:00 AM More reviews by kitten916

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, well I have never worn foundation before (I know I'm kinda old) but I absolutely love this stuff. Once I figured out how to put it on properly it looks like my own skin but better. I went to the covergirl website and did the color match profile. I had my hubby chose the closest skin tone to mine for me. It chose number 215 for me and it is perfect. I would definatly buy it again. It's worth the price to me.I read all the reviews here and I find the packaging to be easy to use, I like it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I'm surprised that this foundation doesn't completely suck. I didn't have high hopes, and I'm pleased to report that I've been proven wrong. I use a sponge wedge to apply it, and the coverage is medium without looking too heavy. It definitely does get cakey if over-applied. It's so easy to blend with a sponge, and I'm happy with my colour match. However, I find that the overall finish is a bit dull. Those who like matte foundation may appreciate it, but I always feel the need to wake up my complexion with some highlighter after I use this foundation. The packaging is great for travel - I tend to take this with me for overnights instead of more bulky liquid foundations. However, over time the cream has developed cracks, even though it has not dried out at all. Overall, decent drugstore foundation. I will keep using it when I want a quick, no-mess application, but I don't think I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 9:47:00 AM More reviews by chitinaak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like the coverage and it does not get cakey. I find it very easy to blend and have gotten compliments on how smooth my skin looks. I am 43 and that is nice to hear from people! You know a product works well when you get compliments from different people. My only gripe would be that for the price there is not much product. It does not last near as long as some of Cover Girls other foundations. I wish they would increase portion size for the price.