July 29, 2014 | 905 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by lovecoma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

What I expected and wanted OPI's "Bubble Bath" to be. I had a pretty, though not opaque pink color at 2 coats. I honestly don't know how many it would take for an opaque color but certain 3+. This was my first Essie polish and I was wary because I've read so many reviews saying they chip almost instantly but this lasted about the same as most of my others before it started to chip.

Quite possibly, I've finally found "my" nude.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by PaulinhaR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

this is very good for french manicure, i put essie blanc on the tips and mademoiselle on top... its very very very sheer, i think a tid bit more color would have been nice, thats why i wouldnt buy it again... but overall very good, easy to apply and easy to remove...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by insouciance66

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I received a sample of this product when it was first being introduced, and I think it is the PERFECT nude pink for me. Mind you, these sheer pinky nudes are tricky - each one responds better to different skin tones. This one works well for me. It's medium priced, the packaging is good (nothing extraordinary) - its a great sheer pink polish!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by kreamsoduh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this nail polish when I want something on my nails but I don't really want any color but I want something more than just clear. This helps even out the color of my nails and make them look a little more put together while still looking really natural. I also love using this for french manicures because it is the perfect sheer pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by pandalvr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

yay essie! :) so subtle yet classy!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Ultrabag

I'm very enthusiastic about this nail polish. Yes, it's sheer. And yes it's just a hint of color. Let me say first that I'm not that good with nail polishes. Usually my every attempt ends with a hot mess on my nails. But with this one you just cannot go wrong, whatever your skills are. It applies easily, level of opacity (two coats) allows to mask some flaws in application, yet gives nails delicate sheen. Sometimes, I guess depending on light, the color looks like milky subtle pink. But more often it looks like a clear nail polish that underlines the natural beauty of nails. Exquisite!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by MacSarah

Perfect every-day natural, conservative nail polish. Perfect for those times when it calls for conservative wear. I wear this one for everything. 2 coats for a effortless clean look.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by LaGardenia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was really pleasantly surprised by this drug store polish!

Pros:
* A beautiful shade of delicate seashell or lingerie pink that appears "natural" on my nails but "enhanced" just enough to be noticeably pretty. It gives an effect similar to a French manicure/pedicure without all of the work.

* Paints on more smoothly and beautifully than any other drug store polish I've tried. Even someone as uncoordinated as me can turn out a lovely result.

* My nails, especially my toes, tend to chip immediately. This polish has lasted weeks even on my feet without any chips!

Cons:

* This is a very sheer light polish, which makes seeing the lovely intense color in the bottle compared with my more subtlely polished nails somewhat disappointing. I think the polish is still exceptionally pretty despite needing multiple coats to get more color, but that might piss some bold color-loving people off.

* This stuff is pricey!

Cons

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by yuigi

Amazing nail colour!! I was so suprised at how well it looked on my nails. My nail technician suggested this colour to me because the nail grow outs and polish chipping wouldn't be that obvious. I was skeptical at first, but during my 2 week vacation, her words rang true. I barely noticed the chips and grow outs. An amazing colour~

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by CeciliaLark

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've got one word for this polish: WOW.

I'm NC10-15, and this is positively the best "natural" nail shade I have ever used (and I'm a polish hoor! LOL). I wish I had bought this polish sooner! It would've saved me a lot of money.
I've tried Ballet Slippers and Vanity Fair and Limoscene and Sugar Daddy...the list goes on (and this is just Essie polishes in the sheer pink/natural category). This applies the best, is self-leveling and after 3 coats I get the opaqueness I crave. It tops well with every topcoat I've tried--no shrinkage.
My mother, who hates polish on, even loves this. I had to buy her her own bottle.