July 26, 2014 | 964 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by highmaintenancepanda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this on towel-dried hair after I apply my leave-in conditioner and gel. I use a pencil eraser-sized amount on my hair that's just above shoulder length. I scrunch it with my head upside down then arrange the curls after I flip my head up. My hair dries soft and frizz free with perfect ringlets.

I work in a hot, humid environment and my this stuff really stands up to frizz and flyaways.

Even though it's pricey and the packaging isn't great (I have to be very careful to just put a small amount in my hand or else it will all pour out of the bottle), I would buy it again because it makes my hair awesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by laschnauzer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have bought 2 large bottles this year for I use it every day!
Moroccan oil smells sooo good and it makes my hair shine. It helps with frizz but sadly it does nothing to keep volume down.
I like to mix it with castor oil to control the volume a little bit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

I was impressed with this product. You pour a little bit into your hands and work it into your towel dry hair and it detangles your hair while making it look and feel soft and smooth.
What I don't like about this product is that it just comes in a bottle you can purchase it now with a pump but when I bought it it didn't come with the pump and I felt that it was always a bit of a mess.
Ideally I wish this product would come in a spray pump bottle.

Also it does have a lot of chemical ingredients and it might not be ideal to use in the long-run because it might weigh your hair down especially if you have fine hair or hair that gets greasy easily. It's really expensive and I don't feel that it actually nourishes my hair. It is an oil that smoothes out your hair but when you wash it off and your hair doesn't feel conditioned at all instead it goes to where it was before.

Great Alternative: Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Ania_Wang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have long hair, very thin and soft but lots of it. Recently my hair started to get split ends and getting dry. This oil helped the problem. It doesn't leave hair greasy at all, I love it and would repurchase if I don't find a cheaper substitute ( I think it's too pricey)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this only on the ends of my hair. When used on damp hair, I feel like the product speeds up drying time and leaves my hair soft and shiny while taming frizzies. When I curl my hair with my flat iron I like to use a very small amount of the oil and run it through my hair from the mid-ends. I dislike the packaging because it is hard to control how much product you'll be using. Also a glass bottle and oily hands sets the stage for a disaster! Only other con is that if you have to use too much your hair turns into a greasy mess.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by adara260

I bought into the hype of this product and bought it after trying some drugstore versions, pure argan oil and this Kenzia brand version of argan oil/ moroccanoil dupe. I DON'T think this lives up to the hype at all.

Sure this product smells great and defrizzes but nothing extraordinary than other products. In fact I prefer that Kenzia brand better because it was "runnier" and I could put it in my hair after washing and it would soak right in and detangle all my knots out. The Moroccanoil is much heavier and doesn't detangle my hair on its own. I still have to wrestle a comb through it. Sure this product defrizzes if you put it on after you've blow dried but not any better than a much cheaper product.

Overall:

In the order of my preference of argan oil hair products: 1-Kenzia 2-Josie Maran 3-Organix 4-Moroccanoil/ pure argan oil. I will use this product up and not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by AestyPase26

Loved the product but hate the price... Too expensive when I can buy Jojoba Oil from Whole Foods for cheaper and it'll do the same thing for MUCH less!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 6:06:00 AM More reviews by Kimmymmik

I was told to use this product by a friend who is a hair stylist. I wasn't sure at first because of the price but I was desperate and gave it a go.
I really like it! I have very long and thick hair which I recently dip dyed so its safe to say that it wasn't at its healthiest! The oil has really helped and made it look so healthy and lush!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by snowpeach06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I get why everyone was so excited with this product, it makes my hair soft and smells great. However, my hair has always been soft and healthy, and I don't think this product has made it any healthier. Also, my problem has always been frizz and the moroccanoil does nothing for it. Overall, it's much too expensive to use to make my hair smell good. I wouldn't re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2012 1:25:00 AM More reviews by mhunterjumper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Why are so many people are whining about silicones? Silicones are more durable than oil and can withstand very high temperatures. Oil has smoke points. Argan oil is a vegetable oil and can be used for cooking. Pure oil also goes rancid. Silicones formulated for hair create a light film around the hair shaft to keep in conditioning properties from your shampoo/conditioner and is resistant to water, so it keeps out humidity. Your choice is to go somewhere that sells pure oil and make sure you use it before it expires, or buy a product chemists have carefully designed to be long-lasting, high-quality AND versatile. You cannot get that from "pure" argan oil. If you don't like the product, don't buy it anymore!

I have wavy, fine, frizzy, color-treated and thermal-styled hair and find I can use the normal treatment to smooth down my hair. Yes, it is expensive, but I have hair just past my collarbone with a ponytail 4 inches in diameter and can use a dime-sized amount to make sure all of my hair is getting the product and lasts me a very long time.

If it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work. Maybe you're using too little or too much. Maybe you did the wrong thing and bought a counterfeit item online or at the grocery store. I don't mean to be bitter, but if you're on here for the sake of bitching about ingredients, please create your own hair products and get over it. Moroccanoil is one of the leading brands in my industry and probably will be until the next concept for hair is revolutionized.

11 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No