Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 4.20%, Titanium Dioxide 2.45%. Other Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isosterate, Stearic Acid, Alumina

on 12/3/2014 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have a small version of this product. While the formula feels nice initially, my skin broke out after using it a few times. I don't usually breakout either so I knew it was this product. I also didn't see that big of an impact to my make-up when using this...definitely not worth the high price tag.

on 12/2/2014 10:02:00 PM

I purchased this product around a month ago and hhave used it occasionally. First of all, the packaging is beautiful. I love the luminescent pump it has, and the glass bottle. Makes It look and feel very luxurious. Which comes to the next point: price. It's quite expensive and I think it probably is the most expensive product in all my beauty products.

The primer itself is quite amazing. I love the texture that it has when you smooth it out on the skin, it has this velvety but moisturizing feel to it. I've not had a product like this before! Just a little goes a long way with this. My foundation went on quite well and lasted long with this (although not too sure if it's because of foundation or because of primer).

Last point to make is that the solution coagulates and gets clumpy. I'm not sure why but it may be because I traveled from a rather cool weather to tropical weather area. Thankfully, the bottle can be opened, and the pump unscrewed from the bottle so I used the pump to mix the solution. Expected more for the price I paid though.

Would probably give it another chance but if the primer gets clumpy I'll probably give up.

on 11/5/2014 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

This primer is superb! I received a sample because I wanted to see if it would work for me. A colleague of mine use this primer. Her makeup look flawless! It goes on smoothly and it is unscented. I have normal skin. I used the primer with a liquid foundation. When I set my my power, my skin look touchable and flawless. I usually have to powder my t-zone throughout the day. Since I use this primer, only my nose was a little shiny. I used tissue to blot my nose. All day my skin looked perfect and fresh. Yes, it's pricey. But I would totally purchase because it's worth every dollar. If you don't want to spend this much. You can use Smashbox photo finish primer.

on 11/2/2014 2:13:00 AM

ive been using this for more than 5 months and i really like it! as a reference ive got combination/oily skin. I dont suffer from acne so i cant say whether its good acne prone skin! If you use too much of this it dries out your skin so make sure you only use a little bit. I used this with a majority of my foundations such as MAC studio fix fluid, NARS sheer glow, Loreal True Match, Bobbi Brown foundation stick and ive had no problems with it. i think i can say this is good for combination/oily skin as it helps control the oil on my t-zone and stops my makeup from sliding. So far so good! This is on the pricey side ($79 AUD) but you only need to use a tiny bit everytime so its worth every penny :)

on 10/29/2014 10:37:00 PM

I recently began using primer on my T zone to help minimize my large nose pores. I'm nearly 60 but I still have somewhat oily skin (guess it's a blessing in disguise because I also have very little wrinkling so far) and this is one of the few primers I tried that doesn't feel slimy. At first I used the HD primer on just my nose area and really liked how it glides on and tightens/masks my pores. I started using it all over my face and love how smoothly the foundation goes on and how polished, yet natural, the end result is. After a few days, though, I noticed that it makes me look ghostly. For whatever reason, it makes me look pale and washed out - even with my foundation or CC cream applied over it. It's tough enough to look alive up here in frozen tundra country, but it's not January yet, and this stuff completely neutralizes what little tan I still have left. Sadly, it has to go back to Sephora.

on 10/28/2014 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Unfortunately i was extremely disappointed with this product. After listening to the Sephora SA's rave about the effectiveness for this primer i was certain this would turn out to be the HG for my oily/sensitive skin. Alas after using it for nearly a week i found it made my skin MORE oily to the extent i looked like an oil pit during the day and had to blot twice as often. Im such a fan of Hourglass products but this just did absolutely nothing for my skin. I gave it two stars only for the mere fact that it did not cause me to break out. If your looking for a good primer, try Jane Iredale primers---work great on oily skin.

on 10/26/2014 1:58:00 AM

What I love about ths product is that, not only is it a great primer but it also has a mineral spf. As we all know, most products are made with chemical spfs which weat off after a coulple of hours. This has a MINERAL SPF that lasts all day. This is sooooo important. The product glides on you skin like velvet. Pricey but worth it.

on 10/22/2014 11:12:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I hate primers and I can never stick to them BUT ever since I tried this, I bought it straight away and been using it ever since. you can use it on liquid and mineral makeup. It works great with bareminerals original mineral foundation.

It's lightweight, thin in consistancy and doesnt contain bad ingredients (eg. oil, paraben, fragrance, gluten and sulfate FREE etc)
It makes my foundation last longer, more flawless and makes my foundation glide on so smoothly. It also doesnt leave my hands greasy! A lot of primers makes my foundation slide around but this one holds and sticks my foundation to my skin and strangely makes my foundation have better coverage so now my foundation can covers my couperose!
Another great thing is that after removing my makeup after the day my face feels really soft and smooth!

The downside is that the back of the packaging claims that the purpose of the primer is a sunscreen and to reapply every 2 hours.
As for the price (69$au) I wouldnt purchase it for the purpose of sunscreen but on the other side of the box it claims to be a primer that conceals redness and minimize pores and stuff but I havent noticed that it covers redness and I dont see how it does because its a thin white liquid that becomes transparent when applied.

The smell isnt the most pleasent. It just smells like non fragranced product but after applying it, you wont smell it.
Also if you have dry skin, be sure to moisturise well.

Overall, discovering this primer I realised I didnt need a new foundation. I just needed a good base. It has seriously changed the finish of my mineral foundation.

on 10/13/2014 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very expensive but worth every penny. This stuff is amazing!! Makeup lasts all day with little to no touch ups. It's soooo soft. You'll love it.

on 9/9/2014 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

On a positive note, my makeup didn't budge when I used this. I used a very small amount and after two days, my clear skin had broken out in approximately five pimples. (No cystic acne, but pesky white-headed spots.) I probably wouldn't have purchased this even if it hadn't broken me out, as it's incredibly and truly over-priced, and too matte for my dry/combination skin. I would recommend this for oily-skinned girls or those without sensitive skin.