April 16, 2014 | 2026 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 4:42:00 AM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has quickly become one of my favorite primers. It creates a great base for makeup, has SPF for added sun protection, and keeps my makeup perfect for hours. It's quite expensive, but a little bit goes a long way, so the pump should last quite awhile. I'm actually still going through the deluxe sample (1 month+), and haven't even gotten to my full-sized one yet. Love this stuff so far, hopefully my skin doesn't get sick of it anytime soon...

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Lepo23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Having been a long time acne sufferer, I had finally gotten my breakouts under control with combination hormone therapy. The medication cleared my skin beautifully, to the point were I only wore foundation on special occasions, to give my skin that extra umph and airbrushed finished. I sampled this primer for a week straight - first under foundation, and then alone to see if it made a difference in the visibility of my pores. Ladies, let me tell you, it BROKE ME OUT like whoa. The silicone/silica in this formula wreaked havoc on my skin - It clogged my pores, causing angry red papules throughout my forehead, cheek and chin. In one week, Hourglass primer had undone what it took 4 months of medication to achieve! I regret ever sampling it, especially since it wasn't a necessity to begin with.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Stationary

I haven't yet purchased the full size bottle of this yet, but I have tried samples on two different occasions, once in summer and once in winter. I really like this product when I did try it.

To start, a little goes a long, long way. Even a few pump sample from Sephora lasts me well over a month. It blends amazingly, and leaves a really smooth canvas for foundation. It's also really good for my oily T-zone and completely takes away the need for my MAC blotting powder, and it wears well on my dry areas without accentuating them.

I am only a little concerned as the two samples came in completely different consistencies, the first time it was a lot thicker, and the second time the formula was extremely watery.

I'm seriously considering purchasing the full bottle as it really does help in reducing my redness along my nose and cheek area.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by evangelic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Too bad there isn't a "Hell Yes!" option asking if I would buy this product again! Simply amazing! I have oily and acne prone skin; this product makes my skin feel smooth and helps my makeup stay put all day! Plus, it doesn't cause me to break out! Once I was in a hurry and my face badly needed to be exfoliated but I didn't have time, in a rush I put on the primer (along with moisturizer, Revlon Barely Naked Liquid Foundation, and Revlon Blemish concealer) and yet, the primer did it's job. My skin felt so smooth, my face wasn't cakey at all that day! My little genius in a bottle! It is a bit pricey for a little bottle which I purchased for $18, but a definite need. I plan on getting the bigger bottle next time which I think cost $28. Remember, a little goes a long way with this primer!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by TeacherCarrie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best primer for oily skin ever!!!! I read somewhere online that using mineral products for a base can hold back the oil better than anything else on the market. This was after I almost tried using Milk of Magnesia and found out how bad the pH is for skin. I was annoyed and wanted to find an alternative and that is when I found out about Hourglass Veil Mineral primer (and also the use of Rice Powder as a setting powder). The price is insane so I got the smaller bottle for $18 to test it out.

Let me give you some perspective. I use oil free moisturizer, foundation, and powder. But 1.5 hours after I put my makeup on, I already have to use a blotting paper. Three hours later, I have to use 2 of the large Sephora papers to blot my skin and then again every 2 hours, it is that bad.

With this primer (and the Palladio Rice Powder), I am not shiny till about 4-5 hours later, and even then I only have to use 1-2 blotting papers and then I usually don't have to use them again unless I'm going out at night and want to get rid of a slight shine that develops. This stuff is absolutely A-M-A-Z-I-N-G for people with oily skin. It is my absolute HG and I am willing to lay down $52 to get it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by helplesscosmetic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have oily acne-prone skin, so I'm pretty careful about what I put on my skin. I got a sample of this and I loved it. The primer itself is very smooth and sinks into the skin perfectly. As some have mentioned, I noticed the white cast as well. However, if you actually rub it in and don't just slick it on, there is no white, just like a quality sunscreen would apply. Another thing I noticed is that my makeup is indeed water resistant with this primer. For anyone with acne, we all know how much it sucks to have concealer wear off through the day, especially after spending a good amount of time making it perfect. With this primer, it does a fantastic job of stopping that from happening. I saw some help with oil control, but nothing incredible. This primer did not break me out, which is a plus for obvious reasons. Another plus is the SPF, 15 is a perfect amount. I also appreciate that it is free of parabens/oils/fragrances/dyes etc. Just less to worry about on your skin. I dunno, the price is really hefty. And usually I don't complain about prices, but I mean, this is expensive goop. But if you want something as high quality as this, go for it. Packaging is beautiful and functional. I would give a 5 star rating for the product itself, but it is just too expensive to be accessible to everyone in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference, I am oily, nc30 with warm undertones. I received this as a 100 point product from sephora. The sample's packaging is elegant; little glass tube with a spatula wand that is sanitary. This primer is white but blends into the skin without leaving a white cast. After it sets, it makes my skin feel so smooth and soft. Keeps my matte foundation (revlon colorstay whipped) lasting longer, only having to blot once throughout the day. Fills in pores and definitely is my new HG primer. (I loved Benefit's porefessional but that did nothing for oil control compared to this primer). I definitely would purchase the full size even though it is pricey; a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by um3bosh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been searching for a primer to control my very oily skin for months. I had been using Mac's Prep and Prime Protect SPF 50 until the formula changed. I sampled multiple oil-control primers from Sephora (Murad, Roth, Clinique, Korres) and some drugstore brands (Boots, Cetaphil) from Target over the course of a few months. I finally settled on the Hourglass and I love it. Interestingly, it has Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide, two ingredients that, as I recall, were in the Mac Prep and Prime and removed and replaced by chemical sunscreens. Now I'm wondering if those sunscreen ingredients don't also have oil-control properties. None of the other primers I tried worked very well, and none of them had these two ingredients. The primer feels wonderful on my skin, although this is really of secondary importance to me as I care the most about oil control. It's more expensive than the Mac Prep & Prime, but I use less of it. I use this under a mineral foundation by Physician's Formula or under Sonia Kashuk's tinted moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by rpairan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This stuff does what it says! It stays helps your makeup stay all day and helps control oil. I have pretty dry skin exept in my t-zone and eyelids and this works all over. The only down side is when it starts to go bad it broke me out...bad. I'll buy the smaller size for the summer since that is when I need the most help keeping my face on, espically when I work with a summer camp (I live in the hot south).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by jalyne8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Excellent product! Perfect for a shine free face all day plus sunscreen! This trully keeps your makeup looking fresh all day. Absolutely no fading.