Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 4.20%, Titanium Dioxide 2.45%. Other Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isosterate, Stearic Acid, Alumina

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have combination skin type with oily T zone. I purchased the travel size a month ago to test out the product and I am so glad I did.

The primer is very runny and often seems separated, I shake it as well as I could before application, but it's still very runny. I normally apply a basic moisturizer first, then the primer, it glides on my skin nicely and it does keep the T zone matte, but it drys out my skin quite a bit as well, especially on my cheeks. I don't like the finish on me at all.

If you have really oily skin, this primer maybe suite you better. I will not repurchase. For the price, there must be something else work better for me.

I wish I didn't like this primer so much, but it really lives up to the hype! A SA at Sephora used this on me during a custom makeover, and when she tried to get me to buy it, I told her I already owned other primers. However, after a several hour photoshoot, my makeup looked just as flawless as it did at the beginning and I was sold.

I recently used Mineral Veil primer under my makeup for a very important, all-day interview, and my makeup stayed on from 5:30am to when I washed it off 12 hours later. Most primers and/or mattifiers leave my T-zone still shiny by mid-day, but when I wear Mineral Veil, it really does a great job of keeping my skin matte, yet natural-looking.

I've tried it under my two main bases, Bobbi Brown BB cream and Marc Jacobs Genius Gel, and both have such longer lasting power when I wear Mineral Veil Primer underneath than just foundation alone.

Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer comes in an easy-to-use pump that dispenses the white, milky primer that can only be described as a miracle product. It is SPF 15, feels silky light going on, and keeps your makeup looking amazing for hours on end. The only downside is that it costs $52 for 1 oz., which is quite ridiculous, but if you only use it on special occasions, buying the travel size ($18 for 0.33 oz) is a little more palatable. This is a very expensive HG for me.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had such high expectations for this. And it did deliver, at first. Makeup looked utterly flawless on top of it, and it did seem to last a lot longer on me. The problem came after the first few uses. The product kept separating. I always shook it before using it, but it never seemed to mix back together. I literally spent an entire minute shaking it, and I'd still only get a milky liquid whenever I pumped it. This went on so many times, during a couple months or so, until I realised just how goddamn low on product I was - which really is where I stopped being sad over it and just got mad.

I have foundations I have been using daily for months that still have 80%+ product left, while my Mineral Veil is probably down to its last 15 or 20% - thanks to all my attempts at remixing it and pumping to see if it worked. My mom brought it to me from the States, and when I first opened the box I could see it had leaked a lot.

I went back a handful of pages and googled it before, and couldn't find someone having a similar problem. I do believe I was just ridiculously unlucky and got a faulty product. But I'm most definitely not willing to spend $50 on something that I'm not absolutely sure will work for me.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I cannot leave the house without this. I'm fortunate to have pretty great skin, except for some occasional redness. Hourglass evens out my skin tone so well that I can skip foundation. It keeps my skin looking fresh and my makeup in place all day at work, which is no small feat: I bartend for 6-12 hours a shift, and things can get a little, uh, sweaty. The only beef I have with this product is that it takes a huge chunk out of my wallet; however, I've tried less expensive primers and they really can't compare to Hourglass. Fortunately, they offer a smaller size if you want to try it out without coughing up too much money.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Firstly let me start of by saying I NEED my makeup to stay put for at least eight hours whilst I'm at school, touch ups is extra hassle. This primer did exactly that, although foundations do generally stay on my skin for a decent amount of time. I love it, it feels silky and Hourglass products are so luxurious and awesome. But it's so costly and I'd feel guilty splurging out. To be honest, whilst it's awesome and all, Benefit's Porefessional, NARS Oil Free Primer and Rimmel's Stay Matte all do the same thing for me with Rimmel's product relatively cheap! So I would not purchase.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This product has a lot of hype around it so I had wanted to try it for a long time. When I finally did, I was a bit underwhelmed. I found the primer didn't work well on any dry patches I had and didn't control oil that amazingly. I mean it did control it but I expected more. And by the end of the day my face/foundation looked very dry and dull.

I think this primer would work better on oily skin or if you aren't wearing your makeup for a long time. For me, it's not amazing and definitely not worth the money.

This primer felt like you were rubbing pearls on your face! It provided a wonderful, smooth canvas before applying foundation. Sadly, I cannot use this product on my face as it is too drying and tends to have the makeup cling to dry spots and acne. I have a few friends with extremely oily skin and this works wonders for them so I know this product will help a large audience of people. I currently am on the lookout for a perfect primer that is suitable for my sensitive, acne-prone, and dry skin. The Hourglass primer did not agitate my skin nor caused acne so that was a good thing.

I wrote a review for this a while back but I had to come back and change my rating and opinion on it. At first I LOOOOOVED this stuff. I was upset that it was extremely expensive but I felt that it was worth it because it made my skin so smooth and flawless looking and it made my makeup stay on FOREVER. It thought it was like a miracle product. But after using this several times, I determined that it made me break out.. which was EXTREMELY UPSETTING!!!!! I loved this stuff so much why oh why did my skin have to disagree with it???? But anyway, I'd say if you're willing to pay the price and take the risk then you should. It seems that most people don't have issues with breakouts when it comes to this product and if your skin agrees with it, it's definitely worth it.

Also I've seen people comparing this with the NYX Angel Veil and I have to disagree with the claim that the AV is a dupe for this guy. Angel Veil is more like it's cheap knockoff cousin. It tries to do the same job and does a sort of okay job at best, but in the end the results are nowhere near as good

This primer is amazing! It goes on so smoothly and it helps my makeup last all day (even with fairly oily skin). It did not make me break out at all. It even has SPF, which is a huge perk for me. I have hyperpigmentation on my cheeks and the use of the SPF has helped lighten those dark spots. Very steep for a primer, but I would repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

pros:
- doesnt break me out at all
- face feels fresh and oil- less through out the day (summer)
- nice texture
- suitable for all skin tone
- easy to apply
- love the packaging (theres a pump!)

Cons:
- expensive compare to other brands

Popular Primer/ Correctors