October 24, 2014 | 1807 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer in 1 Green

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by myluckypenny

I definitely agree with the other reviewer that said this product is like a photoshop tool! I have old acne scars, and some redness in my T-zone, and this really feathers out my features and takes the red out. I use this under the MUF HD foundation, and both products give me a polished dewy look as promised, with mid-coverage I need... [I don't want to mask my face from the world... just accentuate it.]

4.5 in my book... the 0.5 leftover is still in hopes of finding something out there more affordable w/ the same or better quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by sparklythings

i am loving this. i generally have a lot of redness on my cheeks and a bit around my nose.
i am pretty light skinned (NC25), and my skin is pretty sensitive. i get redness when i am embarrassed, excited, happy, sad, mad, cold, hot. Basically for any reason. I wore this under foundation, and it is perfect! i really minimized A LOT of my redness. I got compliments from my friends, as well as the boyfriend.i personally think this could work even without foundation on top. just make sure to blend it in real well. this stuff is definitely worth the steep price tag. i will continue buying it after i run out. It's thaat good.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2009 11:56:00 PM More reviews by tensecondsleft

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This primer is wonderful. It goes on smoothly and does a great job at helping to correct my redness. It doesn't completely get rid of it, but I wasn't expecting a miracle =P It also has not made my skin break out, which is fantastic. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2009 11:43:00 PM More reviews by sg00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Please click Continued for full review...

UPDATE: Yup, this definitely gives my cysts, and make that deep underground ones that take over 2 weeks to heal. Docked down from 4 lippies to 2. Sigh, some things are too good to be true.

My quick thoughts after using it for the past three days: functional, gorgeous on the vanity, but a potential breakout causer.

**********MY SKIN**********
C3/C4; MUFE F&B #2; yellow and pink undertones; sensitive, acne-prone, combo

**********ABOUT/PURPOSE**********
The product comes as a sleek tube that can be uncapped to reveal a pump nozzle. The consistency is comparable to that of a light liquid foundation, unlike the silicon-y feel of typical primers. The fluid comes out light green, but the color sinks in upon application. If you have no redness to speak of, this will turn your skin yellow. If you have minimal redness (like me), your skin will most likely change tone somewhat and potentially look unnatural; but all of your redness WILL be covered. If you have moderate redness, this product is perfection. Your skin tone will still look natural, but the redness will be diminished, enhancing your face subtly and effectively. There is NO WAY you can look green with this. I actually tested this out by layering it on. You can get away with a little more redness coverage if you go layer by layer, but only to a certain point. And that is a distinction point for this product: it's better used to tone down than to cover up. For red acne spots, this will not cover them completely. It serves as a nice buffer, but you'll definitely need a more serious green concealer on top.

**********APPLICATION**********
I learned after the first trial that using this on my entire face is not practical. I looked sallow, and the yellow stains on my fingers (washable with water) served as proof. Instead, I've been using it for the mild redness on my nose and in the side corners. It's been working well for that purpose alone. My Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda palette concealers also work great over this.

This primer applies evenly, thanks to its fluid consistency. Note that you MUST moisturize if you have dry skin, because this will adhere to any dry patches (just like how MUFE's F&B foundation does, and to a lesser extent than the HD foundation does.)

Lasting power is ok: it holds up to 5 hours on me. It doesn't start peeling off or anything. Your redness just starts to show through more and more. Sadly, the super smooth skin feeling you get upon application also goes away in a few hours.

**********SKIN REACTION**********
I've gotten 2 deep acne bumps (almost cycstic like) around and on my nose since using this, so I'm going to take myself off the primer, and then try it again in a few weeks to check. Will update in a week.

Hope this helped! continued >>

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2009 7:14:00 PM More reviews by emily897

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a very fair complexion and I flush very easily....I flush when I'm embarrassed, when I laugh, when I get hot or cold, when I'm excited...basically my cheeks are always bright red. I wear liquid foundation for the sole purpose of covering my redness but I hate having a layer of gunk on my face. So I have been interested in green tinted products for a while, and one day I went through Sephora and tried this one, Smashbox's and a few other brands and I must say this one was the best at concealing redness...so good that I don't need to wear foundation with this on. My friends even compliment me on my skin when I'm wearing this! So in its ability to counteract redness, this product deserves a 5/5. However as a primer I'm less than impressed...I'm used to my Bare Minerals Prime Time primer, which feels like silicone and gives that dry, matte feeling, while this feels more like a moisturizer. Don't expect it to do much for oil control or makeup application. But then again I don't need makeup when I'm wearing this so thats no big deal for me. Also I have very acne-prone skin and it hasn't broken me out yet after about 2 weeks of use, and I don't think it will because its oil-free and I can't even feel it on my face when I'm wearing it. I'll definitely buy it again when I run out, it is well worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 12:46:00 PM More reviews by DiyaSpade

I have some little reddish bumps on my face, nothing huge, but in the summer it looks kind of worse. Anyways, I tried the green version because the SA told me it would combat redness in the skin. It seems like it somewhat reduces the redness, but it was nothing major. In terms of it being a good primer, I don't think it was. My foundation went on just as how it would have gone over regular moisturizer, and it did not help my foundation stay on any longer than usual. I returned this because it wasn't worth the $40.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2009 3:42:00 PM More reviews by missy24680

Honestly the best green primer out there for sure! trust me tried alot!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by obsessed12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this primer in a periwinkle color, which is No.2
I LOVE this primer! It's so smooth, mild, and does its job! It's not like pore clogging or harsh on my acne prone skin. I bought this when I used to have really oily skin, and it really absorbed the oil throughout the day, and made my foundation stay on much longer. Now, my skin is less oily in general, and this works even better! It is said that you can wear this alone without any foundation, but you know, that's just personal reference. I personally wouldnt.
The color blends well into the skin, without any residues or streakiness! I dont wear this everyday though. It's only for special occasions or going somewhere where I know I'm gonna stay out for long hours.
It's definitely worth a try if you're looking for a foundation primer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2009 12:27:00 PM More reviews by lovelld

I love this stuff! I'm a blue-eyed blonde with fair skin and I've tried a number of green primers to reduce the redness in my skin and nothing works as well as MUFA's HD green primer. The green "neutralizes" the redness and leaves me with porcelain skin. It does give me a yellow undertone but it makes my skin look creamy rather than sallow.

I also like the fact that it has the smoother, thinner consistancy of foundation rather than the thicker gel-like consistancy of other primers like Smashbox. I find that it applies easier and more evenly on my skin.

MUFA also doesn't leave me shiny or cause breakouts. My foundation seems to last longer, but I also don't have to apply nearly as much because I'm not trying to cover up so much redness anymore. In short, it's a "forever" product!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2009 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Auburnsarcasm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product from Sephora after having tried many, many green primers/color correctors. While I liked that this product did not clump up into green balls or look noticeably green (as others have before), it was quite dark and made my skin look...sickly, or just "off." To be fair, it did tone down my redness a bit.