MAC Cremesheen - Crosswires

4.5

on 10/3/2010 12:08:00 PM

Crosswires is such a beauty. Slightly more orangy on me than Viva Glam Cyndi but still in the same range of coral red. I find I have to moisturize my lips before applying it but that's ok since I always moisturize before any lip product goes on my lips. That's maybe the reason why I don't think that Cremesheens are drying.

Sometimes I subdue the color by using MAC Chicory lip liner which makes it a bit deeper and less orangy.

Will repurchase for sure.

on 9/30/2010 2:35:00 PM

The color of this is wonderful... it completely brightens up my face. The issue I have with it and the reason I don't reach for it very often is because I find the formula very drying. And when I put a gloss over it it tends to change the color and/or make the lipstick not last very long. So while this showed a lot of promise at first, it really hasn't become a favorite of mine.

on 8/24/2010 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Love, love, LOVE this lipstick! I usually just dab it on for everyday wear to make it look like a more enhanced version of my natural lip color, but it's so pigmented so if I swipe it right from the tube, the color comes out perfectly. It's smooth, not drying, doesn't accentuate the lines in my lips, it's really awesome. This is my first MAC lipstick and there are many more to come :)

on 8/16/2010 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing color. Perfect coral. Some corals are two orange and look peachy. This has a nice dark pink to it so it can be an every day look for summer and spring. Looks great on tan skin. I layer Big Kiss Plushglass on top and it looks like my lips but better. Very happy with this find.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love lipsticks and I have huge problems with lipstick colours.
Most lipsticks turn purplish pink on me.
Because of this, I always end up with the same group of colours - orangy, brown, brown red, berry but ending up as plum on my lips.
All these colours age me and I end up just using Nivea tinted lipbalm.
An SA told me that for my 'slight darker than normal' liptone, I should go for light coloured lipsticks.
With this tip, I asked the MAC SA for a light but bright colour and that's how Crosswires came into my life.
Bright, but not garish, pink coral organgy and best of all, it brightens up my face and I dare say it has given me a very youthful colouring.
I think this might be the only lipcolour I want to use, at least till I find a better one which based on my experience, is hard to come by.
Yes, I'll be buying another one just in case it goes missing.
Also, considering the prices of lipsticks that has soared these days, the price of this lipstick is dirt cheap to me (S$28 as compared to most that are at least S$45 these days).

on 7/12/2010 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Out of all my Coral lipsticks, This is the ONE! This is love! Is it a superwearable coral? Yes. Does it look good on tanned skins? Yes. This is the kind of coral I can wear and have it be super work appropriate. I could put this on top of a light nudish lipgloss and have it be all nice and soft looking, perfect for a weekend look or just a nice coral glossy pout. You can just pat it on and blot for a little bit of a stain. Again, it's so versatile! I highly recommend this one! (NC42/43)

on 7/8/2010 5:47:00 PM

I saw Crosswires swatched on Temptalia and thought "I had to have it." I went to two different MACs to find it, and when I did, I opened it and was like "Yikes, I don't think I will like this." But I took it home, tried it out, and hello, perfect summer lipstick. I'm NC20 (probably more like NC25 with a slight tan right now) and this just brightens up my face. It looks pretty dark in the tube, but it goes on with a lovely bright pinky coral sheen. I really love creamsheens and highly recommend this. For work, I layer this over a nude (generally MAC's Close To Real) and it lightens it up a bit. I can't wait to try it over a pink and try layering some glosses over it.

on 6/28/2010 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

I have fallen in love. This has been my go-to color since purchase.

-Excellent bright, coral shade
-Builds well (like all cremesheen formulas IMO)
-Can take on different hues depending if you choose to top it off with a gloss (I love dabbing a little Pink Horizon JT in the center of my lips for a subtle hint of gold)

My complexion is pretty dark and find this is just as gorgeous on my skin as it is on my fair-skinned friends. An instant MAC fave!

on 5/16/2010 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I like the color very much. You can wear the shade muted (blotted) for an everyday look or full force with gloss for a night out on the town. The only reason I gave the shade a four was because it appears to make my teeth look yellow. :(

on 4/25/2010 4:40:00 PM

Love this color sooooooo much! I never tried a *cremesheen lipstick.The color is amazing,especially with the lipglass the MUA suggested~

Recommended for Medium Skin