BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

on 1/23/2015 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have the mini of the Benefits Hoola and have used around 3 times, as I am using up my current bronzer.

Packaging- I love the packaging of the Hoola box its super different. However what is the brush that they supply?! I would much rather use a big powder brush.

Wear/Feel: The bronzer has no orange undertones which is why it is so popular, it doesn't look orange if you apply a light dusting. The powder is light and makes your skin feel super soft. I cannot wait to wear this in summer. I feel its actually to harsh on my skin tone for the winter. Do not apply it heavily you will look ridiculous.
Maybe a lighter shade of the bronzer for winter would be good? Not massively light, but lighter than the current shade, come on help us pale skinned gals out! I have a drugstore bronzer which to be honest does exactly the same as this, so in my opinion this is nothing special to me.

Price: The price for Benefits Hoola Compact here in the UK is 23.50 which personally I dont think is expensive for mid range brand bronzer.

Overall I do recommend Benefits Hoola, I think its a great universal powder that just about anyone can use when it is used lightly.

Update- For me this was over hyped, I am much happier using my Urban Decay Naked flush or my Bourjois bronzer. I only usually tend to use bronzer for a little light contouring.

on 1/21/2015 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Benefit is one of those brands, that for me personally, is very hit and miss. The good products are amazing, but the bad ones are terrible. Hoola is one of those whose formula gets a major tick from me. Now there are some cons in my book, but the cons are one that I really don't care about because the product is that good. The colour is the perfect tan (NC25 skintone), but has no shimmer so is perfect for a subtle contour. Its good as a bronzing colour, but also a contour colour because it does't pull orange and is a true brown. Its silky and not chalky, and its easy to blend. No muddy mess here *ahem Clarins Bronzing Duo*. So the cons:

1. The price. Its very pricey BUT:

2. The packaging: Some people may like it, some might not. I don't really like it, I just find it tacky, and for the price, I want something a bit more than a cardboard box. Sorry Benefit. I get its supposed to be fun and young, but its kind of a trick. You would expect something with fun and young packaging to be aimed at a young consumer market, but I don't know many 13 year olds willing to dish over $50 Australian dollars on a bronzer. So the price and packaging congruency is a little of.

Regardless of this, I honestly think the product is good enough to disregard the bad packaging and is definitely worth the money.

on 1/21/2015 3:36:00 AM

I absolutely love this bronzer! It works so well with my skin, and it's one of the few products that doesn't make me break out on my cheeks! I don't, though, use the brush that it came with

PROs:
- awesome color
- easy to use with different brushes
- blends well
- great for contouring

CONs:
-doesn't last long on oily skin

I would definitely purchase this again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

A Benefit SA recommended this so I tried it as I was looking for a matte bronzer. I'm a Mac F&B C4 and this bronzer doesn't show up at all on me. :-( The silly cardboard packaging frustrates me too. If I'd liked this there would've been no way that I could've carried this for touch ups. The brush it came with was useless so I threw it away.

on 1/21/2015 3:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is a nice matte bronzer for pale to medium skin tones. I wouldn't recommend it though if you have a deeper skin tone though as I don't think the colour will show.

The bronzer itself is a neutral medium brown. It blends easily and is nice for both a contour or a light bronzer. The lasting power could be better but it still lasts most of the day. It's only if I'm going out at night do I need to reapply.

It's not the best bronzer I've tried but it is very nice.

on 1/20/2015 3:52:00 PM

I really like this bronzer, and I think I love that it's matte. Unfortunatly, I don't think the product stays on the skin for a long time, but that may come from me being very oily. I also think that i runs out fast, but it's okay bc it's so affordable. When it comes to it, I would definitly buy this again! I LOVE the colour. Not too dark and not too light. It's also not too warm, but not too grey:)

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I did not like this bronzer. It was too dark and too muddy on my fair skin. I found it hard to blend, and looked fake. If I am going to shell out big bucks for a bronzer, I expect it to look great on my skin.

on 1/18/2015 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Recently got this bronzer about a month ago. Love it. It's ashy so it creates a nice shadow to my cheekbones. Absolutely beautiful on the skin and very blendable! Highly recommend. Definitely worth the $37 I paid!

on 1/18/2015 9:27:00 AM

its okey

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Just bought this bronzer! Love love love, HG!!! This offers a beautiful matte finish, without becoming mud looking on the skin. It is extremely pigmented and can be used for both an overall bronze and a contour. I can now say bye to my 18376392 bronzers that looked orange because this baby is like tan in a box! I also love Nars Laguna Bronzer however I feel Hoola is lighter in colour and easier to work with without leaving harsh lines! Brought to you by Honest Reviews

Popular Bronzers