April 23, 2014 | 936 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Define-A-Line Eyeliner in Ebony Black

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by latteys

horrible!! smudges all over! it does glide on great and creamy, but within one hour, it is all over your eyes! what a waste of money!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2010 12:47:00 AM More reviews by kakaroxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is soft and goes on smoothly....but unless u wana look like a racoon I wouldnt get this. It smudges SO BAD and I had to keep wiping my eyes every 10 seconds cos it kept transferring. Define a line my arse

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok, im in search of a cheaper black liner for my top lash line. I bought 3 at the DS mb define-a-line black being 1. I really do love it but i dunno how to get the perfect liner like the youtube gurus. Bc im never 100% satisfied. The formula is creamy but stays put, doesnt end up down under eyes so its great. And it is true to color, its Black! I really like it. Its my fav that ive tried thus far. Id prob should give it a 5 bc my prob is prob my application/technique. I just have tried so many ways, b4 and aftr shadows but i believe i have long lashes so getting in between my lash roots rips them out. But this dont do that. Im practicing so its me im sure. So if ur looking for a great affordable glide on easily and stays on for hours dark black liner, try this out. Ive had great results so far! May repurchase unless someone helps me figure out how to line properly, hehe! Oh i forgot, it works great on the waterline! Its pigmented and stays awhile and makes ur eyes look more open. Best pencil i tried so far. And i love the twist up pencils. And its great too bc it comes with a sharpener and smudger! So its a great deal! Im glad i got this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Hafsaz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my friend recommended this eyeliner to me which i why i got it and i love this product. the eyeliner comes on smoothly and it comes with a sharpener and smudger! theres a lot of product in there so it lasts a while too. i usually put this on my waterline. lining the eyes with this would be a bit harder, liquid eyeliner is probably better for that. i got it for around 3 or 4 bucks at target and i wud definitely buy this product again. 5 lippies!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by makeupchick4586

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well I had tried another retractable eyeliner in a navy blue color and I loved how it looked on me and I got so many compliments. The one I got tugged on my eye and wasn't creamy. My friend left her eyeliner at my house (this one in Ebony Black) and I tried it and was in love. So I purchased it in Navy Blue....and....WOW. That is BLUE. It's crazy insane bright attention grabbing blue...a little too much for me. Overall, it is a nice eyliner, very creamy, but...they need more color choices. I may repurchase this, but in a black or Grey if they have one...deffffffinitley not the blue!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2010 9:29:00 AM More reviews by GlitterGlam25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I got reccomended this eyeliner by a friend, i thought it was going to be my new HG since it went on very smoothly and i loved how creamy it looked. But 30 minutes later, i looked like i had raccoon eyes. This SMUDGES very bad. I couldn't deal with it! I doesn't last long. I ran out of this eyeliner after two weeks. Also, the built in sharpener i found didn't help for me, it just kept breaking my eyeliner. I will not buy this again. I'll stick to my revlon colorstay.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2010 6:30:00 AM More reviews by xSinnocencex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tend to use gel liners for my upper lids, but I absolutely adore this eyeliner for my water line. It lasts really well and is also good for touch ups when you can't carry around gel liner and a brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2010 7:07:00 AM More reviews by Alaisify

This has really smooth application, but that's about as much as I can say about its pros. I used to use it on my lower lashline and I loved the effect, but it literally only lasted about an hour before disappearing completely. On my lashline, it smudged horribly and showed me first hand what racoon eyes look like. My friend said the same thing. Definitely not repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by burberryrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Some major points...
I love the packaging of this. Anything green makes me happy! :)
The smudge eraser on the end is a nice touch, but I don't usually use this kind of eyeliner when I wear it on my upper and lower lash lines, for which I might require a smudge eraser (I wear a smokey eye for dance performances). I prefer liquid when I do that style.
On a day to day basis I like to softly line my upper water line ONLY--I love a natural look--and this does a pretty darn good job. Compared to my Prestige waterproof eyeliner, this goes on much more smoothly (and with much more color!) and doesn't flake into my eyes (which I hate!). It smudges a little bit, especially if you clear your eyes of "goop" frequently, but it's not very bad smudging at all. Of course, like other eyeliners used on waterlines, it doesn't last very long at all, so I just touch up at break.
The drugstore by my house doesn't carry very many eyeliners, so I'm pretty much stuck with this one, but it works fine.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by KaraStarr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

bought this eyeliner in brown-black, as a last resort, as my mom demanded i buy a color other than black (yeah, right). i was impressed with the creamy texture of this liner, others i have used can be rough. its a very nice color, not to brown, which was what i was afraid of. it did wear off, but not as much as other liners, although all liners do wear off a little. i didn't find that it smudged, it just wore off. a decent product overall.