Maybelline Define-A-Line Eyeliner in Ebony Black

2.3

on 1/19/2011 12:19:00 AM

This eyeliner goes on very dark & smooth. It's extremely easy to apply and very blendable. The color is rich and creamy and looks great. However, it smudges really badly and gives me terrible raccoon eyes! Would not recommend buying this product, especially if you have oily skin like I do.

on 1/6/2011 12:12:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was genuinely shocked when I saw the overall rating for this product. Personally I think it's fantastic! It goes on a very rich black, and doesn't really smudge for me. It transfers onto my upper waterline perfectly when I squeeze my eyes tight, thus eliminating the extremely awkward (and sometimes painful) tight lining procedure. It stays put pretty well, and doesn't irritate my contacts. I'm on my 3rd pencil, and I will continue to repurchase!

on 1/1/2011 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Love this eyeliner because it is so creamy and easy to apply. I do think it needs a minute to set up or it will smear, so keep that in mind. I apply it along my upper lash line over eyeshadow. Once it sets, it lasts all day. It was around $6 at Walmart so it's definitely worth trying. ***EDIT: I'm not sure if I got a bad one or what, but all of the sudden I noticed that it was transferring up onto my upper lid about halfway through the day. Not cool. I won't be buying this again.

on 12/27/2010 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this eyeliner a lot, which is why I don't quite understand why the rating on this product is as low as it is... I apply it to my waterline, and for the most part, it lasts a really long time. Yes, it smudges a little, but nothing worth complaining about. I haven't had an eyeliner that doesn't! The only place I ever really need touching up is my corners, other than that, I'm set for hours on end. The formula is nice and creamy, the color is nice and dark the way I like it, and the price is reasonable. Best I've found at the drug store.

on 12/14/2010 10:24:00 PM

I really wanted to love this. I wanted a great, creamy, black eyeliner I could line my eyes with on those days I wanted to draw all the attention to my baby blues. I saw this sitting in the bathroom of a girl whose daily eyeliner look I loved, so I assumed this was a wonderful, magical product, and bought it as soon as I could. Well... I'm still on the fence about it. While it goes on as smoothly and as wonderfully black as I dreamed, it smudges like a MFer. Which is nice, if you want a softer line, but not when it ends up all over your face. I've tried setting it with a black powder, which works, but it seems like a lot of hassle for what I hoped to be a "put on and go" black eyeliner. So, while I don't completely hate it, and still want to love it, I'm on the fence for now. I have since switched to another liner that suits my needs for a daily black liner, but this one may stay in rotation for days when I'm ok with spending a bit more time on my makeup.

Also, the second time I pulled out the sharpener/smudger end (which I love that they include), the plastic case split a bit, just enough that the sharpener is loose and will occasionally fall out. Not a big issue, but definitely an irritant.

on 11/26/2010 9:50:00 PM

When I initially bought this eyeliner I thought it was really great because it was so creamy and it was the blackest-black eyeliner I had seem from the drugstore. My opinion has slightly changed, because throughout the day it smears all under your eyes. But, I have found, that if you set it with a black eyeshadow it works out great.

on 11/25/2010 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

horrible!! smudges all over! it does glide on great and creamy, but within one hour, it is all over your eyes! what a waste of money!

on 11/25/2010 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is soft and goes on smoothly....but unless u wana look like a racoon I wouldnt get this. It smudges SO BAD and I had to keep wiping my eyes every 10 seconds cos it kept transferring. Define a line my arse

on 11/16/2010 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Ok, im in search of a cheaper black liner for my top lash line. I bought 3 at the DS mb define-a-line black being 1. I really do love it but i dunno how to get the perfect liner like the youtube gurus. Bc im never 100% satisfied. The formula is creamy but stays put, doesnt end up down under eyes so its great. And it is true to color, its Black! I really like it. Its my fav that ive tried thus far. Id prob should give it a 5 bc my prob is prob my application/technique. I just have tried so many ways, b4 and aftr shadows but i believe i have long lashes so getting in between my lash roots rips them out. But this dont do that. Im practicing so its me im sure. So if ur looking for a great affordable glide on easily and stays on for hours dark black liner, try this out. Ive had great results so far! May repurchase unless someone helps me figure out how to line properly, hehe! Oh i forgot, it works great on the waterline! Its pigmented and stays awhile and makes ur eyes look more open. Best pencil i tried so far. And i love the twist up pencils. And its great too bc it comes with a sharpener and smudger! So its a great deal! Im glad i got this!

on 11/16/2010 9:02:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

my friend recommended this eyeliner to me which i why i got it and i love this product. the eyeliner comes on smoothly and it comes with a sharpener and smudger! theres a lot of product in there so it lasts a while too. i usually put this on my waterline. lining the eyes with this would be a bit harder, liquid eyeliner is probably better for that. i got it for around 3 or 4 bucks at target and i wud definitely buy this product again. 5 lippies!