October 25, 2014 | 1595 users online

Liquid - Laura Mercier - Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 3:39:00 AM More reviews by MYCATSHADOW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product just popped into my mind. I remember using this foundation years ago & I thought that it was the most uncomfortable foundation that I had ever used. It's extremely heavy for an oil-free foundation. I always felt as if I wanted to wash my face while wearing this product. This foundation made my face feel dirty & grimey. Also, this foundation would slide off parts of my face only after a few hours of wear. If I were to rub my nose or scratch an itch on my chin, noticable makeupless spots could be seen in those areas. I would then have to reapply the foundation just to make it look somewhat even again. One should NEVER have to reapply liquid foundation throughout the day. That's what blotting/setting powders are for. It didn't break me out but it looked cakey, felt heavy, & made my face look greasy. Would definitely not recommend for oily skinned individuals.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

4. Very pricey
5. It could make you look older
6. Looks somewhat dull in pictures
7. BROKE MY SKIN OUT LIKE CRAZY
I wore it for a few days and I got small bumps on my cheeks. I think it's clogging my pores though I have been cleaning my face well at night. I think it might be due to the high concentration of talc in the product. My face was covered with red bumps after I washed my make up off tonight!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2010 1:14:00 PM More reviews by 17pearls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have already been using the LM oil free tinted moisturiser for a few months and like it for summer but for winter (its really cold and horrible in the UK now) I wanted more coverage.
With the tinted moisturiser I love the texture and light feel on my skin but found that it doesn't last all that long. The foundation is very difficult to apply as it dries VERY quickly and has a paste-like texture which I found difficult to blend.
The salesguy said to use a sponge but I found that most of the product soaked into the sponge so I tried a brush. However this left streaks so I then had to blend with my fingers. Once applied I brushed on loose powder and found it to look quite cakey and it seemed to show up any dry patches, pores and lines a lot. It did cover marks but to be honest I use the LM concealer underneath which does a great job of covering any blemishes.

After a couple of hours wearing it looked a little better as some of my natural oils (but not too much) had come through to make it look more natural, but dry patches flaked off taking the foundation with it :(

The foundation did last all day and I wasn't very oily where I would normally be - that is one thing that was great about this product but the texture was far too cakey and the application too difficult to use all the time.

Maybe this would be better for someone with really oily skin as I have combination with some dry patches where blemishes are healing.

I will go back to using the oil free tinted moisturiser and maybe start using a primer to keep it in place.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2010 3:27:00 AM More reviews by laineypie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my hg foundation for about 6 years! But during the past two years I've noticed how dull almost gray (with red spotted discolorations) my skin looks after i remove this from my face each night. Thought it was my relatively new cig smoking habit, work related stress, and even the humid climate here in the bay area (I'm originally from south orange county). But in addition to all these factors, Im now starting to think i have some sort of bioaccumulation from all the toxic chemicals from this foundation (just as 99% of all department store and drugstore makeup has) where my body simply cannot purge the toxic residues of this foundtion as quickly as I can put it on. I just tried using a more natural foundation (free of synthetic dyes and fragrances, mineral oil, parabens, sodium laural sulfate, etc etc) and now when i remove my makeup, my skin looks actually brighter, almost glowing. This LM product was great, providing full coverage that was light yet flawless, matching my skin tone, while also keeping me from breaking out, but now i see that there are consequences from repeated daily applications of chemically synthesized makeup, most notably foundation. More power to the people who can wear all these chemicals without damaging their skin but i think my HG foundation lies somewhere in the organic makeup isle!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by cheekymar

I really like this foundation. I purchased in Sunny Beige. I have combination skin & it lasted all day with a thin powder coverage on top (I use HD Powder). Very silky smooth with No breakouts at all. Coverage builds great for when you need a tad bit more if going out at night. One pump for day wear. I love the Laura Mercier line.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Candace30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used this foundation for a few years now. I am fair and neutral toned, and wear this in Warm Ivory for most of the year and Vanilla Beige if I get more tan over the summer. I have oily acne prone skin that is getting drier on my cheeks due to aging and acne treatments. This foundation has never let me down. I apply with a damp BeautyBlender sponge and this looks airbrushed on me. Lasts all day and never sinks into my pores or fine lines. I do wear a mattifying primer or sunscreen under. No breakouts from it, either. I highly, highly recommend. The only reason I'm not giving it a 5 is because it annoys me that this doesn't go on well with my fingers (since it's silicone free, it doesn't spread very easily).

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2010 9:45:00 AM More reviews by trinkket

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was my first HE foundation purchase and might well be my last. Did not perform any better than Covergirl, Maybelline, L'Oreal or other DS brands I have used. Color match was good, but it was tricky to apply (gotta be quick!) and did not last...pores showing through after only a few hours. For $42 I expected much more. Going back.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 12:06:00 AM More reviews by sasera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is my favorite foundation. im on my 3rd bottle of vanilla beige, and i will never seek another brand of foundation again. the color matches me perfectly. everyone comments how natural and even it looks. another great thing is that, i can use this daily and it doesn't cause any break outs. on lighter make-up days, i used LM's oil free tinted moisturizer in nude. same great results, just lighter coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by msxiong

I bought this foudation because I love the tinted moisturizer. I've been using revlon colorstay and really like it but decided to try some higher end foundation so instead of sampling this product I bought it for 42.00 not even including tax. I put it on at night to go out to the movies and thought it looked good, not great buy good however the next day I wore it to work and toward the end of the day someone commented that for some reason that day my face looked kind of gray and then my niece added later on in that same day that my face looked kind of dirty. My semi smile turned into a sad frown. I immediately went back to Sephora to get samples of maybe a few lighter tones of the foundation but a sales woman told me that the LM oil free foundTion consist of some sort of dioxide that would darken your skin and that many darker toned ethnic women had complain that it made them look gray. I then will not use this product anymore... I gave it a 3 bc of the packaging, I really like how easy it is to use with the pump head but again another foundation fail in my book.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by 671cing

I LOVE how this foundation looks......in my bedroom. It looks amazing! When I put it on in the morning it looks flawless in my bedroom lighting but the minute I step outside and look in the mirror it looks horrible:( I don't use much of this product. Only a half a pump and I blend it very well with my 187. I apply a tiny amount of creme blush to the apples of my cheeks before I put my powder on. Then I set my face (well actually my t-zone only) with my MSFN with my SS187 Kabuki. After I apply my Laguna bronzer with a SS150 and then I occasionally set my face with the LM setting powder. It may seem like I use a alot of products (which I do) but I can assure you that i use the minimal amount that I can because I'm not a big fan of a cakey/heavy/unnatural looking face. Hopefully I can find my HG foundation.....soon.