December 22, 2014 | 1825 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by UrrUrr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this! I have it in pink (brightens complexion). Actually I don't think it brightens my complexion but it doesn't really matter to me. I love it 'cause foundation applies *very* smoothly and it doesn't make me feel as though my skin is suffocated or unnaturally smooth (i.e. Smashbox's primer). I've used other primers with silicon in them and they don't compare to MUFE's. Have used this almost every day for half a year and have not experienced any breakouts; in fact I think it does have moisturising properties as my cheeks are not so dry any more. Doesn't really control oil, but I use an oil control moisturiser under it which solves the problem.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2010 5:17:00 AM More reviews by lilac819

This is what I think about the product itself. I don't care about the packaging.

To start off, let me tell you what I look for in a primer: smooths out my skin, non-greasy, ABSORBS OILS, lasts for 5+ hours on humid says, mattifies (bonus).

This is what this primer (original white one) did for me:
-Moisturizes my skin.
**That's it! It did not smooth out my skin like Smashbox PhotoFinsih (btw I hate that product too). My skin was still oily. I don't have a really oily face either.
Currently using Boots No. 7 Mattifying Primer and loving it. Despite its bad reviews on how hard it apples, it really does its job. It just takes time to blend it in, and all the hard work will pay off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by ilookflawless

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My holy grail primer! I love this and have gone three tubes. I've had it in yellow, and blue and am currently on the mauve one. The texture is light and most importantly for me, dries on application to a smooth feeling. It does not leave a slick slippery feeling like Smashbox Photofinish primer. It really helps application of my foundation or tinted moisturiser over the top. I have oily skin and actually use this primer as a 2-in1 moisturiser and primer. The packaging with pump is great and helps to control how much product you get through. It helps my foundation look better for longer which is something I only appreciated when I went away for 3 days without taking it with me and my base started to wilt and wear off after 4 hours. The colour correcting ability of the bases is only slight as they're not strongly tinted but frankly I prefer that as strong coloured bases can leave me looking ashy rather than radiant. Overall thumbs up from me and worth the expensive price.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by NIENEL

Make Up Forever's Primer is a pretty good product. It has more of a fluid consistency. That definitely caught me off guard since I was used to using MAC's Prep and Prime skin, which has more of a creamy consistency. What I like about this primer is that it doesn't have shimmer in it. MAC's Prep and Prime Skin does have shimmer in it. It allows my foundation to last longer and definitely evens out my skin tone. I'll keep this product but I probably won't purchase it again.

I purchase this primer in "0", which is the plain and clear primer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2010 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Peskypixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very oily skin, and I have to say I am very impressed with this product. My foundation (MUFE Matte Velvet +) goes on smoother and lasts longer. I've used both the Neutral and Green and found them to be comparable to one another. Does not seem to be making me break out either! I think the trick is putting the primer on and waiting for 3-5 minutes, the box states that it has evaporating silicones. On days that I've put my foundation on without waiting I've been really disappointed with the results.
Will try the blue next.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by princess101

This product does not do anything for me----but that doesn't mean it's bad. It just means that it neither helped enhance the performance of my other makeup nor did it have any negative effects, such as breakouts, oiliness etc. It didn't feel like I had anything on, and at the end of the day I didn't even remember I had applied it until I saw the tube in the cupboard. The smell is nice---not too strong, and the product is quiet liquidy, like a face serum. It applies smoothly and dries colourless. While I feel that this hasn't done anything for me, I will keep to try during summer, when the weather is warmer and my face tends to secrete more oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 7:55:00 PM More reviews by makeupchic07

Ok, I have been on a deep search for the perfect primer. I tried Sephora's brand primer, Smashbox Primer, MAC Primer, and other name brand primers. None can compare to the Makeup Forever HD Microperfecting Primer. Primer costs $32 before tax.
I went to my local Sephora store to return the Sephora Brand primer I purchased that did not work for me at all and while I was browsing I came across the Makeup Forever Primer which the SA stated it was their most popular primer. I figured I'd try it. I purchased the primer in 0 (neutral). I wanted to see if I would have the same problems like all the other ones I've tried. The first thing that impressed me about this primer while I was at Sephora was that it came out like a thin moisturizer. It applies so smooth. One pump covered my whole face, so it should last me a while. I wait about a minute before I apply my foundation. The staying power is awesome. I have normal/combination skin and I tend to be more oily in the summer time. I appeared oil free with no shine all day and it still looked great after I took a long, sweaty walk with my son.
I will post another update if I have any negative reactions. But so far I think it's great. I would buy it again if it can last me 6 months or more :) All I can say to others, try it. Get a sample first. If you hate it, return it and get your money back. But you won't know until you try it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by queenbofstyle

I have been using a sample size for a while now, and I really like this stuff. It goes on nice and light and makes my skin feel really soft, and not sticky like other primers. It has helped diminish the size of my pores, and keeps oilyness at bay for hours! There have been a couple times I forgot to use it before I put on my foundation, and the difference is noticeable. I use it in combination with their HD powder, and they make my skin look so nice!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 2:46:00 AM More reviews by bamf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Honestly, this is probably the best primer I've ever come across. I'd place it higher than Smashbox. I received it as a free sample at Sephora (upon recommendation of the girl behind the counter) and have been hooked ever since. It smells light and rosy, smooths on like face cream and diminishes every little imperfection. Like airbrushing. I really notice a difference in photos.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by st3phanierae

Not a big fan of this primer, which is kind of a surprise since i adore most MUF products. The primer is a good primer, just not good enough for the price you're paying. Luckily I bought the trial size, but it was still $15 for a half ounce. I definitely would not recommend this for people with oily skin like myself because the consistancy of this product will just make your face look even more shiny.