October 22, 2014 | 1431 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2010 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Peskypixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very oily skin, and I have to say I am very impressed with this product. My foundation (MUFE Matte Velvet +) goes on smoother and lasts longer. I've used both the Neutral and Green and found them to be comparable to one another. Does not seem to be making me break out either! I think the trick is putting the primer on and waiting for 3-5 minutes, the box states that it has evaporating silicones. On days that I've put my foundation on without waiting I've been really disappointed with the results.
Will try the blue next.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by princess101

This product does not do anything for me----but that doesn't mean it's bad. It just means that it neither helped enhance the performance of my other makeup nor did it have any negative effects, such as breakouts, oiliness etc. It didn't feel like I had anything on, and at the end of the day I didn't even remember I had applied it until I saw the tube in the cupboard. The smell is nice---not too strong, and the product is quiet liquidy, like a face serum. It applies smoothly and dries colourless. While I feel that this hasn't done anything for me, I will keep to try during summer, when the weather is warmer and my face tends to secrete more oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 7:55:00 PM More reviews by makeupchic07

Ok, I have been on a deep search for the perfect primer. I tried Sephora's brand primer, Smashbox Primer, MAC Primer, and other name brand primers. None can compare to the Makeup Forever HD Microperfecting Primer. Primer costs $32 before tax.
I went to my local Sephora store to return the Sephora Brand primer I purchased that did not work for me at all and while I was browsing I came across the Makeup Forever Primer which the SA stated it was their most popular primer. I figured I'd try it. I purchased the primer in 0 (neutral). I wanted to see if I would have the same problems like all the other ones I've tried. The first thing that impressed me about this primer while I was at Sephora was that it came out like a thin moisturizer. It applies so smooth. One pump covered my whole face, so it should last me a while. I wait about a minute before I apply my foundation. The staying power is awesome. I have normal/combination skin and I tend to be more oily in the summer time. I appeared oil free with no shine all day and it still looked great after I took a long, sweaty walk with my son.
I will post another update if I have any negative reactions. But so far I think it's great. I would buy it again if it can last me 6 months or more :) All I can say to others, try it. Get a sample first. If you hate it, return it and get your money back. But you won't know until you try it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by queenbofstyle

I have been using a sample size for a while now, and I really like this stuff. It goes on nice and light and makes my skin feel really soft, and not sticky like other primers. It has helped diminish the size of my pores, and keeps oilyness at bay for hours! There have been a couple times I forgot to use it before I put on my foundation, and the difference is noticeable. I use it in combination with their HD powder, and they make my skin look so nice!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 2:46:00 AM More reviews by bamf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Honestly, this is probably the best primer I've ever come across. I'd place it higher than Smashbox. I received it as a free sample at Sephora (upon recommendation of the girl behind the counter) and have been hooked ever since. It smells light and rosy, smooths on like face cream and diminishes every little imperfection. Like airbrushing. I really notice a difference in photos.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by st3phanierae

Not a big fan of this primer, which is kind of a surprise since i adore most MUF products. The primer is a good primer, just not good enough for the price you're paying. Luckily I bought the trial size, but it was still $15 for a half ounce. I definitely would not recommend this for people with oily skin like myself because the consistancy of this product will just make your face look even more shiny.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by krysownzu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really loved this primer, but my skin didn't agree... I broke out with cystic acne so bad! Haven't had such a bad breakout in years!

If someone doesn't have acne prone skin, this would be perfect. It made my makeup look flawless and perfect.

I'm so sad this didn't work for me :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by bubblesknh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My boyfriend actually got me this. lol He got me 'The Best of MUFE kit' from Sephora for Christmas and this is my favorite thing out of the whole kit! I was afraid to try it at first because anytime i try something new on my face I either get redness and burning or it dries out my face so bad it hurts. But I went ahead and gave this a shot. I'm so glad I did! This stuff is amazing, It seriously makes it look like I have no pores at all and leaves my face feeling super soft. It def moisturizes, and my face never became dry and itchy. I use it everyday even if I don't wear foundation. I WILL be buying this in full size when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2010 1:48:00 PM More reviews by marsdd

This is one of the better primers I've tried. I have this in mauve and yellow. Mauve helps counteract sallow tones, and I have very yellow olive skin (NC35), but with surface redness. So this does help "brighten" my skin, but I think emphasized my redness. Also, my foundations are already a tad too pink for me, so I don't need a mauve primer to counteract my yellow tones. So I went and bought yellow, to brighten medium complexions. Ah, this I like! It evens out the redness just a teeny bit, makes my skin look more alive, and has no funny effect. I was afraid of getting green because I was afraid it'd be too much. Anyway, yellow is my favorite for now. The primer also smells divine, like a rose fragrance (but not granny like). The consistency of the primer is very different from others. Most use silicone, this does not, as least not as the main ingredient. This dries and constricts pores, leaving a slightly tacky, but tightened surface. Powder foundations adhere wonderfully to this, improving coverage of even the weakest powder foundations. I believe the ingredient is saccharides that improves the way foundation adheres onto the skin. All in all, quite lovely, and will buy again.

p.s. Those looking for a silicone smooth feeling will not get it from this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by jackie2781

I love this primer! I tried both the Smashbox and this one, and have to say that this is better for my skin. I have dry, sensitive skin, with some redness and uneven tones. This primer is great, because it adds moisture that I need, while it really smooths the face for foundation. I got it in green, and I will admit that it alone does NOT get rid of the redness, but I believe it helps the foundation - my skin looks even and very little redness peeks through. I dont recommend it if you have very oily skin, because it may add that much more moisture. But great for normal to dry skin.