August 22, 2014 | 1943 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by st3phanierae

Not a big fan of this primer, which is kind of a surprise since i adore most MUF products. The primer is a good primer, just not good enough for the price you're paying. Luckily I bought the trial size, but it was still $15 for a half ounce. I definitely would not recommend this for people with oily skin like myself because the consistancy of this product will just make your face look even more shiny.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by krysownzu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really loved this primer, but my skin didn't agree... I broke out with cystic acne so bad! Haven't had such a bad breakout in years!

If someone doesn't have acne prone skin, this would be perfect. It made my makeup look flawless and perfect.

I'm so sad this didn't work for me :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by bubblesknh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My boyfriend actually got me this. lol He got me 'The Best of MUFE kit' from Sephora for Christmas and this is my favorite thing out of the whole kit! I was afraid to try it at first because anytime i try something new on my face I either get redness and burning or it dries out my face so bad it hurts. But I went ahead and gave this a shot. I'm so glad I did! This stuff is amazing, It seriously makes it look like I have no pores at all and leaves my face feeling super soft. It def moisturizes, and my face never became dry and itchy. I use it everyday even if I don't wear foundation. I WILL be buying this in full size when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2010 1:48:00 PM More reviews by marsdd

This is one of the better primers I've tried. I have this in mauve and yellow. Mauve helps counteract sallow tones, and I have very yellow olive skin (NC35), but with surface redness. So this does help "brighten" my skin, but I think emphasized my redness. Also, my foundations are already a tad too pink for me, so I don't need a mauve primer to counteract my yellow tones. So I went and bought yellow, to brighten medium complexions. Ah, this I like! It evens out the redness just a teeny bit, makes my skin look more alive, and has no funny effect. I was afraid of getting green because I was afraid it'd be too much. Anyway, yellow is my favorite for now. The primer also smells divine, like a rose fragrance (but not granny like). The consistency of the primer is very different from others. Most use silicone, this does not, as least not as the main ingredient. This dries and constricts pores, leaving a slightly tacky, but tightened surface. Powder foundations adhere wonderfully to this, improving coverage of even the weakest powder foundations. I believe the ingredient is saccharides that improves the way foundation adheres onto the skin. All in all, quite lovely, and will buy again.

p.s. Those looking for a silicone smooth feeling will not get it from this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by jackie2781

I love this primer! I tried both the Smashbox and this one, and have to say that this is better for my skin. I have dry, sensitive skin, with some redness and uneven tones. This primer is great, because it adds moisture that I need, while it really smooths the face for foundation. I got it in green, and I will admit that it alone does NOT get rid of the redness, but I believe it helps the foundation - my skin looks even and very little redness peeks through. I dont recommend it if you have very oily skin, because it may add that much more moisture. But great for normal to dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2009 10:14:00 AM More reviews by divafx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

For dry,combination, or normal skin I love this product. It works fantastically for photography. I got a sample of this with my Sephora Beauty Insider bonus, used it up and went back for more. I noticed a big difference in my photography work when i didn't use this. It was definitely one of those products you don't know you need until you try it.

I have acne-prone, sensitive, combination skin and did not have any acne problems with this but I also don't wear it everyday. It isn't weightless like my Bodyology primer so wearing it everyday seems like that would get a bit uncomfortable unless you have dry skin. The people who are going to love this product are Makeup artists, anyone with dry skin, anyone with combo skin and larger pores, and anyone who is getting their pictures taken. I can't recommend this for really oily skin because I noticed by the end of the day it does seem to shine up a bit.
This primer adds a "glow" to the skin so it's particularly kind to aging or damaged skin. This same glow would turn off someone with very oily skin. For oily skin i'd say go for the MAC prep n prime or a good oil control lotion as a primer like Merle Norman Shine Control lotion, Makeup forever primer is NOT oily skin friendly.

With that said I believe my professional kit has found a new primer. I used this on my last photoshoot and despite the fact that the model had some skin texture issues, the primer made the foundation (max factor colour adapt) glide on flawlessly and kept that texture from showing through on camera. The photographer loved it and said she didn't have to photoshop the models skin at all with use of this primer. Definitely one of my new favorite kit products.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2009 1:35:00 PM More reviews by lucy1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a generous sample of the mufe hd sample from sephora. at first, i was hesistant to use it. most of the primers that i have used have caused breakouts, from revlon to mac. the only primer that has worked for me has been smashbox's photo finish primer.

since i was getting the hd foundation, i wanted to try out a sample of the primer. i didnt want to get the full size because i am testing out primers to see which one works better for my skin.

the primer feels cool on my skin. it doesnt feel sticky or greasy like most primers. it does have a watery-consistency. but it dries up quickly. leaves my skin smooth and soft to the touch. once it dries, i apply foundation. the foundation applies smoothly and it doesnt cake up.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2009 2:20:00 AM More reviews by stephyya

I have sensitive skin so my face sometimes gets really red outside. I got this in #1 green which is designed for redness and acnes, I would say that it correct the redness a lilttle, not much because it is really light and no coverage at all. But since it's tinted , I have to use make up remover or remover oil to remove it and this is not good for everyday look. But for some special occasion I would recommend this because it's professional and really help the foundation to stay longer. But it's a little expensive and doesn't have SPF so i can find something else with spf instead so i probably will not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 2:20:00 AM More reviews by ggracebasa420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

At first I thought why should I get this when I already use the HD foundation, but this is a great product to help even out skintone w/o using so much foundation! It helps balance the red on my cheeks (i use the yellow one) and works great! No grease or oily feeling and my skin doesn't have that shine to it! you really only need a little bit of this stuff, so price was pretty decent considering the fact that i just use one full pump! this will last my forever!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 2:42:00 AM More reviews by nattyngeorge

I've gotten a deluxe sample of this from Sephora around 3 times now. Out of all the primers I've tried.. this one is my favorite for some reason. I think all primers are useless in my honest opinion. I have never noticed any difference in the way my makeup looks or lasts with any primer. Primer or moisturizer is the same thing to me.. so i'd rather use an inexpensive moisturizer. MUFE HD primer has a really nice consistency.. almost like the pearly liquid hand soap. Its very slippery and will leave your skin nice and dewy and a perfect canvas for your makeup. Nothing really that a reg. moisturizer won't do.. but I definately like the way it feels on my skin. I'm not sure if I'd actually purchase the full size.. maybe some point on impulse it will happen. I think if you like Laura Gellar's Spackle or Bare Minerals skin rev-ver upper, you'll like this.