August 31, 2014 | 1359 users online

Other - Baking Soda

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by funnyblossom

I donīt think any household should be without this.. the uses are multiple: put a bowl with soda in your refrigerator/cupboard and it will absord odors (just leave it there doing its thing), mix a teaspoon with your liquid/cream cleanser and it scrubs your skin better than any other scrub (not as abrasive..), sprinkle on a toothbrush and it scrubs soft stains off your teeth (donīt overdo it because it can damage the enamel)... If you have a handbag that needs freshening up, sprinkle a generous amoung of baking soda inside it and leave for a few days.. it will absorb moisture and odors (the same applies to suitcases). Sort of a grandma-knows-best kind of product!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff is great to use a couple times a week to make your teeth whiter! Just sprinkle some on top of your toothpaste when you brush. I have heard that it's not good to use on your teeth every day though, as it can harm enamel... especially if you don't rinse really well. I've never used it in my hair or as an exfoliator on my face though... maybe I'll give that a try sometime. I am a bit hesitant though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

Ever since I was a teenager I have been using this on and off for my teeth. It really whitens teeth and freshens breath.

Now I am on the "no poo" regime and I also use it to clean my hair. It's hard to get the balance right, but when you do, you get the cleanest hair ever - nothing any shampoo has ever managed to do. However, it can be a bit drying even though I follow it up with ACV.

It's great for getting rid of smells in the fridge, or clothes that are a bit musty.

I did try it on my face when I was going through a bad acne time but I think I scrubbed too hard. It only exacerbated the problem. I'm also concerned that it will affect my pH balance. I will try and use it once a week with my facewash and see how it works.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by abluesgirl

Used it in my hair today. Shampooed first and then sprinkled some into the lather. Suddenly I could smell hair dye. I quickly rinsed it out and then when I dried my hair it was really frizzy (more than usual) and my brown lowlights were substantially lighter. WARNING: don't use this on colored hair ~ it will strip the color!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by elin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use baking soda to clean my hair. I have thin, straight hair that can get a little greasy so I like to keep it clean of build-up. I just make a paste with some baking soda and water in my hand and then rub it into my scalp before combing it through the ends. You can repeat this to make sure you clean all your hair, but too much baking soda can dry out your hair. For best results, follow up with an apple cider vinegar rinse, particularly if you have long hair.

Nothing compares to baking soda for keeping my hair clean; it always feel light and bouncy and healthy afterwards, without the frizzy and weighed down feel I used to get from conventional shampoos and conditioners.

If you don't want to do without your normal shampoo, just put a bit of baking soda into your shampoo and it will leave your scalp and hair extra clean.

I also add some into my body wash and use it exfoliate my back.

I'd offer a word of caution for using this on your face, though. I used to mix it with a gentle cleanser and use it as a scrub. It made my skin feel really smooth and it got rid of clogged pores but it also made my face really red. It is quite harsh and should not be used regularly. I no longer use it on my face.

I think I'll always keep some on hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaMD12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Loveeeeeeeee it! I use baking soda once a week in my shampoo. I use it as a exfoliator for my face and my body. Gets rid of all my acne and best of all helps even my skin tone!!! Just don't over do it because it will dry out your skin resulting in more acne. Just use once a week and you will be soo impressed!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by clairedy6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh jeez! This is horrible! I was excited to try it after everything I've heard about it being a miracle worker for your skin..well my experience was completely different. First of all, it hurts like hell!! I mixed about a teaspoon of baking soda with enough water to form a paste and then instantly when I started to rub it into my skin (very gently) it stung soooo bad!! I have never put something so harsh on my face, it felt like my face was going to burn off! My eyes were watering so I had to rinse it off (not the easiest thing to do), and even after I was done it still hurt. I thought, maybe it was worth the pain...nope. I didn't see any difference in my skin at all. So I tried it again the next day, and I had the same horrible results. I would try again but I just don't think my skin could get used to that, it hurt so bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

GALS

No reason to buy any exfoliator for your face; baking soda is the best you can use.

Just add a dab to your cleanser, and work it into your skin

Other exfoliators that you pay alot of money for - damage your skin.

This for a buck, lasts and lasts - the best exfoliator and part of your skin routine you can buy

We need to be SMART about what we purchase. There are so many items in our home kitchen that out perform many of the beauty items in the stores that cost hundreds of dollars. This is only ONE !!

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by thevnilly

This year I had a bad case of contact dermatitis on my chest from a bad product. Ever since then, I swear my skin chemistry has changed. Even the most seemingly gentle body cleansers on the market sometimes irritate that area. I recently tried using baking soda mixed with a little water as a body "wash" and have been very pleased with the results. It doesn't irritate my chest whatsoever, is relatively cheap, and most already have it in their kitchen. I've never tried it on my face though, because I already have a strict routine for that. I still need lotion after a shower to feel super soft, but I don't have the strong, itchy urge to lotion up IMMEDIATELY after a shower like I do with most body washes on the market.

My only complaint is that I wish I could find it in a larger quantity than the usual small box.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Make up alley taught me what a treasure trove baking soda can be. Sodium Bicarbonate, is safe and natural to use. Well that is if you are safe to have sodium. Check with your doctor if you have health issues.

I love this as a faial scrub. I usually just mix it with a bit of water. I use a tiny amount. About 1/4 tablespoon for my entire face. If I have acne patches I actually mix it with my bp cream and gently massage the area that is breaking out. I recommend you be very gentle with your skin. It could be so easy to be rough with baking soda. If you feel tingling or burning you need to rinse this off ASAP as you might be hurting yourself. Pat dry softly.

I have sensitive skin, mild rosecea and mild acne, so I do not use this daily or even weekly. Maybe two times a month. Again a super small amount mixed with facial cleanser is best. I find that after using this my skin is incredibly smooth. However I think this can be too drying for those with dry patches. One option for those who are dry is to try mixing it with Aloe Vera gel. It will still provide a scrub but be more gentle for the dry areas.

Love this and recommend everyone have a supply on hand.