September 20, 2014 | 1572 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Tangle Teezer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

I like the two-length slim plastic-y bristles of this brush, and it does a good job at detangling my always knotty fine hair. It does it quicker and easier than other brushes I've had in the past.
I still experience breakage though, as with any other brush, more so when I brush my hair wet (as you would expect) - which I have to do, otherwise I'd be left with dreadlocks at the back of my head.
I've bought one for my mum as well, who has thick long hair, and it works really well for her too.
That being said, I think the shape of the brush is rather odd, and the fact that it doesn't have a handle really annoys me, and also resulted in the brush slipping out of my hand on more than one occasion! Especially since the material is not slip-free, it's just plastic, rather than something like rubber than would have some sort of grip in your hand.
I have this in travel-size too, but really, it is anything but "travel" size. It is much bulkier than something I want to carry around in my handbag, especially since I prefer smaller handbags that are easier on my shoulders and back!
This is about 11 for the regular size, and I would repurchase, but I really hope they improve on the design!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by jessamay

I bought this at Sally's a week ago and it was not cheap (around $14 but it just seems like such a cheap item). I wish I could have found it on sale at Target like a reviewer below. I bought it as I have fine, thin, colored (blond) hair and I am getting a lot of breakage around my forehead. I have tried everything product wise to cut down on the breakage but nothing is working. So I thought to try this and I will have to report back after months of use to see if it helps. My initial thoughts are it is very awkward to use/hold. Parting my hair with it is a bit comical. I am sure i will get used to it with time. I can't imagine it being very useful to people with a lot of hair (you lucky folks). It does go through my wet hair easier than my comb BUT it is not effortless - just easier. I am hoping this will help with the breakage - time will tell.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 12:49:00 AM More reviews by loovexemilyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am in love with this product! I picked it up at the clearance section in Target for around $8. I've always struggled with brushing my hair after showers, so I figured I'd give this a try! I've got very long thin hair, down to the middle of my back. I highlight/bleach the top half blonde, while the bottom half is my natural auburn color. I used to style/straighten my hair almost every day, and this left the color treated hair even more frazzled and breakable. After I got out of the shower, I tried this and was amazed. It glided through my hair effortlessly with no tugging/pulling/snapping/knotting of my strands. The only tiny gripe I have with this is that I find it harder to brush the top of my head after a shower. I feel like the tiny bristles don't really reach/detangle really thick sections. I find this works best if I use it on smaller sections of my hair at a time. I'm glad I got this on clearance, as there are times when I feel that the bristles are so little/unsturdy that they could break off at any second. However, this is a miracle product and the way the brush is shaped is so perfect. Why didn't anyone think of this before?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by flyingcolours

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

As my hair was getting longer, I found brushing it after the shower was becoming more and more of an operation. A painful operation. I don't know why it didn't occur to me ages ago that someone must have brought out a good brush for detangling, but eventually it occurred to me to check. This has been a lifesaver! My hair is about shoulder length, straight, not very thick. It becomes a tangled mess after washing, but this brush pretty much glides through my hair. There's no pain and it's clearly not as harsh on my hair as my previous hairbrushes have been. I'm sure I'm losing less hair as well. I won't be without one of these in the future!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by shi1

I grow and donate my hair to make wigs for women with cancer, so my hair gets really long (up to my belly button). When it is that long I am always battling with knots so this brush is a godsend. Please note that it does not replace any of my regular brushes. I use it specifically to get the knots out of my hair and for that it does a great job. It is much easier, quicker and painless making it fantastic for children. Little girls will love the bright fun colors they come in. I will first detangle my hair with the TT, and the follow with my trusty boar bristle/nylon brush. For reference, I have straight thin/medium asian hair.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Katedutch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased the Tangle Teezer impulsively while shopping at Sally Beauty several months ago. I have very fine, wavy hair, but lots of it, and always experience issues with tangling. I'm kind of like a child sometimes, whining as I try to pull a comb through my hair (which is usually saturated with the kids detangler from Suave that smells like artificial apples lol), so I was extremely excited to find a brush that claimed to be the end of all my tangled woes.
Fast forward 10 minutes later, I'm sitting in my car sifting through reviews for the Tangle Teezer. To my horror, there were countless stories of hair matting and falling out... but thankfully there were enough positive reviews that made me want to give it a chance.
I am SO happy that I purchased it and can even go as far as saying that I feel as though my hair is healthier now that I no longer rip a brush through it to get the tangles out. Here's what I do: shampoo my hair and then condition, leaving the conditioner on long enough to soften/detangle my hair enough that I can comb my fingers through with no problems, then I wash out most (but not all of) the conditioner.
When I get out of the shower, I can already pull the Tangle Teezer through my hair with NO problems whatsoever (though I tend to wait til my hair is dry or mostly dry to comb it). When I brush it through, I literally feel no pain and it easily detangles. One thing I've noticed, even for my fine hair, is that I have to make sure I flip my head over to brush UNDER the hair, this is probably why people have experienced mattes... they detangled the upper portion of hair so that it appears soft and smooth, but not underneath. If you have super thick hair, you might even want to detangle in sections.
Lastly, I've been using this just about daily for the last 7-8 months and it has yet to irritate my scalp. For me, it works quickly enough that it doesn't spend much time on or near my scalp, and my tangles are usually focused on the middle and ends of my hair anyhow. Also, I haven't noticed much hair loss, it still seems like less than I would find on my comb or paddle brush.
It's a great brush, an HG for me... it's made my life much easier, no more nasty tangles that are impossible to get rid of!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

I bought this from Sally's it's around 14-15 bucks but you can get it a couple bucks cheaper if you have a Sally's card. I bought this in pink, but at sallys they also carry a purple color and black. I like the way this brush looks. There's also a one with a handle but I bought the one with out the handle. This seriously gets out a lot of tangles. I have a lot of hair but it's very fine in texture. I had highlights previously before I died my hair again and now I died it more of an ombre so the ends get really dry since they've been bleached. My hair has always been very prone to tangles and snaps more easily than thicker hair would so I always use to spray in detangler and wait till my hair was dry to brush it. With this I wait about 10 min after spraying my products in then start brushing from bottom to top. This helps run through the tangles more smoothly but I do notice that you still have to be careful because you can snap your hair. This actually does help distribute the products evenly through out the hair to make your hair more manageable. My hair feels more smooth and soft and shiny. Once my hair is dry it's even more easier to brush it through now since it already combed out tangles and slides through so easy. I will probably be repurchasing if I ever needed a back up or for my mom or friends. What a neat idea

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2012 5:40:00 AM More reviews by bleuciel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have long thick hair, that tangles easily. I thought this would be my new holy grail, but unfortunately it did not live up to the hype. I can only use it on the second half of my hair, from mid-length to the ends, because the plastic teeth scratch the skin of my head. It did not replace my regular brush - if my hair is being very stubborn, I first use my brush to generally detangle my hair, then this teezer only for the ends, and then my regular brush again so the whole hair is smoothed. It was quite expensive, as I had to order it from an online website in the UK and really it's not worth it. I hardly ever use it. It looks cute though, I have it in glitzy violet :D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have long fine straight hair that tangles at the nape of my neck so I leave this in my purse, for when my hair tangles mid day it works, doesn't rip my hair out I still prefer my generic Mason brush for when I get up in the morning, but this leaves my hair smooth and tangle free without ripping it out, the product has a weird shape though. I got this at Sally's beauty supply not bad it was 12 bucks I think. I don't know how this would do for very thick or curly hair but if you have fine straight hair that tangles this is a good product

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Melzy323

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Yes - this lives up to the hype! If you have long (at least shoulder length) and/or coarse/curly hair, this brush is a MUST! I use it wet with conditioner and nothing when dry. (My vent and boar brushes now just sit there.) It doesn't pull on your hair - just detangles it with a minimum of hair loss. I now focus on scalp massages instead of dry hair brushing. Truly worth the $11.99 at Sally's. And yes, I would repurchase if necessary.