August 1, 2014 | 1681 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Tangle Teezer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by billyrayvalentine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This brush really lives up to its repuatation. I was curious enough to buy it but wary of the hype and in the end I'm so happy I got this detangling wonder.
It does work, it brushes away every single hair without pulling or hurting as every other brush would.
Every woman should have this tool. It works wonders, you will spend a third of the time you used to spend on detangling, either wet or dry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

I bought the flower pot tangle teezer for my 4 year old. Her hair is very fine, and after being asleep it is curly and wavy and wispy! Doing her hair for school is a nightmare usually as brushing through the sleep induced tattyness hurt her. Anyhow, this has added a fun element to it! The brush on this is super gentle and gently smooths the hair of any tats, apart from the odd mega tat which is rare now!

Double whammy is that the flower pot doubles up as a bobble storage container :-) win win!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 3:56:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has to be the weirdest thing I own in my bathroom. It looks a little alien, in my opinion, and the hot bubblegum pink is very striking. However, despite its looks, it's an excellent detangler. Previously I'd been using a wide tooth comb and then a Mason Pearson detangling comb with not much success. My hair is long (like down to the small of my back) and tangles very easily. I was getting sick of constantly ripping out clumps of hair in the shower (especially since this is very expensive dyed hair) that I jumped onto a forum and noticed heaps of girls raving about this brush. So I bought one online and when I popped it out of its plastic packaging, I swear it looked like the kind of brush you'd use on a horse rather than on a lady's head. The bristles aren't particularly soft but they are rounded and kinda massage your scalp nicely when you brush it through your hair. Whilst I still can't avoid yanking out a couple strands of hair, that is still so much better than what I was putting up with before, so overall I'm very happy with this brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by rsrs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a very good detangling brush, it gets all the tangles out easily without ripping the hair out. I also use one on my 3 year old daughter who would cry before when I brushed her hair but not when using this brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2012 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Kitooo

I have extremely fine baby hair that is very long (nearing mid back). The ends are dry and tangle easily so spending 15-30 minutes a day combing out knots with a wide tooth comb in the morning over some coffee has been a ritual for years. One day I just got really fed up on spending all this time on my hair and since I used a stiff comb I was fed up of my hair being pulled. I bought the tangle teezer based on the reviews here and I am DISAPPOINTED :( For one thing, the tangle teaser has not reduced the amount of time I need to spend combing knots, it takes just as long. Secondly the quality of this comb is POOR. The plastic teeth scratch my scalp because they have no protective heads. And the third biggest problem is seeing all this hair come out with the brush. I know hair came out with my comb but I know all those hairs had roots on them, these tangle teezer hairs sometimes do not which suggests breakage. The upside of this brush is it doesn't tug on my head like the hard comb but I wish i'd just bought a flexi wide tooth comb than this product. The finish of the hair is also quite nice but no better than using a proper cushion brush for styling which is what I normally do. Save your hair and buy a quality flexible comb than this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by newgenhippie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have pretty thick relaxed hair that likes to tangle. When i brush my hair with the tangle teezer it detangles it really good with a small amount of hair loss. When my hair has conditioner in it, this almost glides through it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by sillybillykirsty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The Tangle Teezer is quite simply AMAZING - buy it! I promise you won't regret it. Sooooo worth every penny. I have been using mine for about 3/4 years and couldn't survive without it. Brushes through tangles so well and you will never have to worry about tangles or knots ever again. Seriously. This is a life changing product :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

my hair: normal thickness (ii), 1b-1c, fine hair. previously chemically color treated, but now henna'd. waist length.

up till i bought this i used a wide tooth comb. i was unsure if i wanted to buy this because i just had the impression that it was more for curly or thick-haired people, not us people with thinner fine hair. i was mistaken! normally i wash my hair in the shower by combing through it under the water stream, to avoid breakage with a wide tooth comb this takes being VERY careful. with the tangle teezer its a breeze though! it just goes right through my hair, no snags at all! and it STILL goes through easily after im out of the shower and my hairs still wet (if i brush/comb it straight it will dry straighter than normal). when my hair's dry its amazing as well. i know that i'm not getting ANY broken hairs from the TT, which is important to me, since i'm growing my hair out.

this was 9.99 at sally's beauty supply. the bristles vary in length, and are firm enough to gently massage my scal pwhen i use this, but the still have some give to them. this dries very quickly, and water doesnt get stuck in the middle or anything. shed hair is easily removable, which suprised me, as i thought this would be a pain to clean :)

i will NEVER go back to using other combs/brushes ever again! and i cant even think of a SINGLE con! thats how much i love it!

UPDATE:
still loving this! absolutely NO snags, and i've used it while my hair's under the shower's stream, after getting out of the shower on wet hair, on semi-damp hair, on dry hair, greasy hair, you name it. it actually makes my hair lay down on my head better, which is good for when i'm putting it up, but i've i'm leaving it down i have to re-fluff my roots or else my hair looks too weigh-ed down and greasy, even if its not.

i've washed this numerous times without difficulty, and it dries super fast. no water gets stuck in the middle or anything, and loose hair is easily removed.

a real big plus for me is the nice little scalp massage i get from this when i use it :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by gagag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

FANTASTIC! I have very fine, long, wavy hair. It's naturally jet black, but I bleach it blonde. You can imagine how fragile it is and how easily it tangles. It's obviously damaged due to bleaching, but short of that, I do everything in my power to baby my hair. Lately, I've made a concerted effort to get it even healthier in a bid to grow it longer and cut down on split ends. However, no matter how patient I was or how gently I brushed out knots, brushing out my hair with combs still caused significant breakage. After taking my hair down from a recent updo - full of hairspray and products to give it grit, my hair was a matted mess. I tried the Tangle Teezer, and though it met a few snags and about 3 hairs wound up in the teeth, it was a breeze. That would have taken me 30+ minutes even with detangling serum/spray to extract with a comb. I so rarely use this phrase, but this tool is definitely HG status!

I picked this up for $10 at Sallys. It was the only one there and it came in the original pink color. I'll probably purchase the compact travel version from the website for twice that amount just because it's worth it and they come in a variety of interesting colors and patterns.

Here's a tip: Don't expect to glide through on the first pass. Using your hands, divide your hair into a few sections first. It slices through sectioned hair like butter.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Dashingdoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this product overall is very effective although I did find a lot of hairs in it after using it for around a month or so but it is very good at taking out tangles. I have straight hair but it gets very tangled after the shower and this is very helpful. This product is defiantly a good buy even though its a tiny bit pricey.