April 19, 2014 | 1564 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Pixi - illuminating tint & conceal

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by busymommy

I'll stick to my SK tinted moisturizer, quite overpriced shimmer is all u get.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2009 8:00:00 PM More reviews by suraimcfly

Too glaring to wear all over your face but would be good for a highlighter or going clubbing. I mean, who wants their face to broadcast, "look at me, i've splattered glow lotion on my entire face!"

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2009 2:59:00 PM More reviews by munchkin1402

so i usually don't like makeup with shimmer because my face gets oily thoughout the day and i end up looking like a greasy mess so i was a little hesitant to buy this product since it said illuminating. But once I read the reviews I decided to go buy it because between my hectic schedule and daughter i just dont have the time for the works. I am extremely pleased with this product!. It makes my skin look like im glowing but not shimmery. I look healthier and like ive been taking good care of my skin (which lately i haven't due to not drinking enough water and lack of sleep). The biggest thing for me when it comes to makeup is duration of the product. After working a twelve hour shift in the ER the coverage was still sheer and glowing and looked just like it did in the morning. And i cannot decide if I like the concealer more or the moisturizer because they are both fabolous!....my skin is so oily that ive tried literally almost every concealer out there, from amazing cosmetics (which is pricey) to the cheap ones and they all crease and settle into little lines by end of the day. But this concealer is the best one I have found by far. It stays on all day, doesn't crease or settle into lines, actually covers, and I actually look more rested by the end of the day, and looks extremely natural. Overall this is a great product. Best I have found for my type of skin (oily, acne-prone, slight redness). Product also feels like you're wearing nothing on skin. I will definitely buy again and I definitely cannot live without it.
EDIT: so unfortunately after wearing this product for like a month i started to break out. i didn't break out too bad but stopped using this product before it got worse. very good product, but didn't work out for me. i ended up giving it to my mom (because she's never gotten a zit in her life) and she says she really likes how natural the product is.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2009 6:25:00 PM More reviews by NWBecca

I received this new in a swap and couldn't be happier with it. I didn't want to buy it after being completely underwhelmed by the Pixi Lustrous Eye Primer that slips around everywhere and generally looks creasy, oily and gross.

But, back to the TM....The coverage is sheer, but buildable. I would be happy enough with that for "no makeup" days, but the addition of the concealer is even better. The concealer blends in so perfectly, it really melds into your skin and doesn't sit on top looking cakey. At the same time, it can be used under the eye without it sinking into and accentuating fine lines. If you warm it a bit with a brush or a clean fingertip, then it applies beatifully under the eyes--basically everything I wanted the BB undereye concealer to be. :)

I have fair NC20 skin and use the No. 1 light tone--it does add a bit of golden warmth, but no pink or orange, thankfully. My skin looks healthy and perfectly glowy, but not glittery or even particularly shimmery (I found the Stila illuminating TM to be too shimmery.) The packaging of the concealer is annoying--you have to be careful not to smush the concealer with the cap, but that is my only complaint.

You can find this at Target, but it's not really "drugstore"--it's part of the new UK aisle. So the price ($35) is certainly steep compared to other drugstore brands, but I think it's worth it. In terms of wear and quality, I would rate it better than the Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier and Smashbox TM's that I've used. Like I've already mentioned, the inclusion of the concealer puts it over the top. And I just love their packaging--I think the green boxes are so cute and the founder includes little tips for using the product. Overall love it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2008 1:37:00 PM More reviews by jaimejj

This is the best. I love the concealer on the top. Very good coverage and doesn't move. Many times my concealer will move into fine lines. The TM is also very good. Leaves skin really dewy and decent coverage for a TM. This is exactly what I was looking for.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2008 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Love2Laugh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't believe how much I like this product. I love the ingredients, and the fact that it is an spf 20. Normally TM's tend to make my oily skin oilier throughout the day, but not this one. I have not had to blot at all, and with every other foundation or TM I have ever used, even with powder, I have to blot at least twice through out the day. This product gives light coverage, and great sun protection. I was delightfully surprised by the ingredient list and that is actually what drew me to the product as I was looking for a TM with decent coverage, antioxidants, and a decent spf. The opaque packaging helps to keep the antioxidants and sunscreen ingredients stable. I will definitely repurchase this again, although the price is a bit high, it is well worth it to find something that works for my tempermental skin.

EDIT: Even though I did like this product as time went on I found that I used it less and less. Perhaps I am not a true TM lover, call me fickle, but by the end of the tube the "love" for this one ran out and I moved on. Still think it is decent, just not worth repurchasing again. A product has to earn a 5 for me by getting me to buy it again, and this one just did not. So long Pixi!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2008 6:38:00 PM More reviews by caleee143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to have this product when they included a blush/lip tint in the top instead of the concealer. Unfortunately, I ran out and never repurchased. Then I saw this at Target and had to pick it up (for $5 less than the previous vision to boot). I love to have it back in my life! Will definitely buy again before Target stops carrying it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2008 3:41:00 PM More reviews by luckyredlisa

Well, I think my review will just echo a lot of the comments below!

I find this product VERY convenient to use. Medium coverage for a TM. I got the darkest shade, which isn't very dark, but matches my self-tanned face quite well. Def a red/yellow dark, not a grey/pink dark. If you ever buy "dark" TM, you probably know what I mean. :)

The concealer is surprisingly good. Very dry textured, so is excellent on face, but not the best option around eyes if you're really dry.

Wears quite well. I'm only on day 2, but I'm very pleased. Looks very natural. Not matte, but not shiny.

I am definitely considering other items from this line. Don't know how this experiment will work for Target, but I see it has pros and cons from the consumer perspective. I do like being able to shop for nice m/u AND all the other crap I need in my life- like food, etc. LOL

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2008 9:31:00 AM More reviews by jiffiner

I share a lot of the same thoughts on this product as the previous reviewer. I like this better than a lot of other TM's, and better than a lot of skin products that claim to be "illuminating". It does make my face look brighter, but not with so much shimmer that it looks fake. IMO the coverage is similar to Smashbox TM, but it seems to blend in with my skin a little bit better. I'm using the lightest shade, and it blends in with my skin tone with very little effort. It also reminds me of the Neutrogena Glow Sheers, but Pixi has less shimmer which I like for everyday use. This morning I kept catching a glimpse of myself in my rear-view mirror in the daylight, and I thought the product matched my coloring very well and improved the look of my skin. The concealer in the cap is also a good product that doesn't sit on my skin, but does provide extra coverage. I really appreciate the SPF in the product - all products should have it!

The packaging could be better. I wish it had a flip-top instead of a screw-on cap. I have to be very careful not to squish the cap into the concealer product when I put the cap back on, which is something I think should be remedied for a $35 drugstore product. I think there should also be more product for $35. That's steep. I will probably purchase it again, but I may wait until I have a Target gift card or birthday money or something like that.

Overall, I like this product for its coverage, SPF, skin tone match, illuminating quality, and oil-free formula.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2008 7:49:00 PM More reviews by lilacmess

I've only been using this for a little over a week, so I might have to make edits in the future...
I have this in No.1 Light Glow. It is definitely light, which is a good thing for me. I have a hard time finding foundation that is light enough for my skin.
Coverage is pretty sheer but it evens my complexion out well.
So far, this hasn't made me break out. When I first put it on, I don't love it, but after it sets and I use some pressed powder, I'm pretty happy with the results.
The concealer actually seems to blend in with my skin and not just sit on top and emphasize blemishes -it's probably the first concealer I've owned that actually seems to work!
It's SPF 20, so that's a plus as well.
I marked that I would buy this product again, but I'm not absolutely convinced that it's worth the $35 I spent on it at Target. I'd definitely buy it again if it goes on sale!

Update: I've been using this for about 3 weeks now, and my skin seems to like it. Yay!
BTW -I use moisturizer under this, but I have dry skin.

Update: I like this even more after trying Stila's Illuminating TM. This makes my skin glow, but it's not glittery (Stila is). And the Stila makes me break out; Pixi doesn't!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No