October 23, 2014 | 1878 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Pixi - illuminating tint & conceal

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2009 2:11:00 AM More reviews by msbuggie

love love this tube.
It gave me better coverage than my Armani Beauty Designer Compact Foundation Jar.

The only odd part is the design of the cap. The clear plastic cap twist the same direction of the tub itself. I constantly ended up opening the whole tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2009 10:25:00 PM More reviews by scjohnson

My skin does NOT like winter. It is really dry, and even with moisturizer, and even with exfoliating several times a week, has flakes daily. However, by the afternoon, my skin is oily AND dry (driest on my nose and forehead). Out of mild desperation, I decided to try a tinted moisturizer instead of my regular moisturizer-then-foundation routine. I bought this after reading positive reviews, and I am SO glad I did! I am very happy with this product, it provides just enough moisture without looking too 'dewey', and I am happy to report that my skin really likes it. The concealer is also surprisingly wonderful - I would purchase this again for the foundation alone, but the concealer is a GREAT bonus. Doesn't look too heavy, doesn't set in lines, and overall this product gives a nice, even skin tone with a slight glow. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by evakser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this Tinted Moisturizer. This is my second attempt at trying a TM, normally I use foundations, but I wanted to try something a little lighter... I originally bought Tarte’s Smooth Operator (sheer foundation), but I didn’t like it as it made me look dry and ruddy and didn’t cover anything at all on me. So I returned it and tried this TM in #2 Bare Glow.

I like that is a multi-purpose product in one tube! (moisturizer, light coverage foundation, sunscreen, and luminizer and concealer)

My feelings on the Tinted Moisturizer:
Nice coverage for a TM, goes on smooth, and covers up most of my redness (ruddiness) and yet looks natural.
Seems to stay on well, so far it does not melt off my face or nor does my face soak it up as it tends to do to some foundations.
Contains SPF 20.
Does not oxidize to a weird color on me.
Makes me look like I have nice skin.
Has some nice beneficial ingredients: Ginseng root extract, Ginkgo Biloba extract, Vitamin C, and Lysine

Not sure why some people are saying this is ‘full of shimmer’ or ‘glaring’. I don’t find this to be the case at all. It is illuminating, so I expect it to have some shimmer in it, but once it’s on my face and I finish my makeup routine, I don’t see anything too shimmery or glaring at all. I just see nice, dewy skin, not a glowing diso ball.
Maybe if you have oily skin this TM may not be for you, as you may not want to see ‘dewy’ skin. But for those with older or drier skin, this stuff is wonderful!

The Concealer:
This is a nice concealer, cream to powder, medium to full coverage. Covers well and it’s a nice bonus to have it with the tube. I have found this concealer goes on better when used just after moisturizing under the eyes. I prefer a peachier shade for concealing under my eyes, so I like Benefit’s Erase Paste more for this purpose. But this is a minor quibble, as I use it on the lighter parts of my face, along with some Boi-ing concealer and erase paste on the slightly darker parts.
The Concealer has some nice ingredients too:
Vitamin A, Aloe Vera, Vitamin E and Vitamin C.

All in all, this TM/Concealer is a nice product. A bit expensive for Target, though, but I do like it, it's multi-purpose, able to serve several purposes well, so I feels for that reason, it's worth the price. I will re-purchase as long as it’s still available, and as long as nothing significantly better comes along to tempt me! It's good stuff. :-)

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by busymommy

I'll stick to my SK tinted moisturizer, quite overpriced shimmer is all u get.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2009 8:00:00 PM More reviews by suraimcfly

Too glaring to wear all over your face but would be good for a highlighter or going clubbing. I mean, who wants their face to broadcast, "look at me, i've splattered glow lotion on my entire face!"

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2009 2:59:00 PM More reviews by munchkin1402

so i usually don't like makeup with shimmer because my face gets oily thoughout the day and i end up looking like a greasy mess so i was a little hesitant to buy this product since it said illuminating. But once I read the reviews I decided to go buy it because between my hectic schedule and daughter i just dont have the time for the works. I am extremely pleased with this product!. It makes my skin look like im glowing but not shimmery. I look healthier and like ive been taking good care of my skin (which lately i haven't due to not drinking enough water and lack of sleep). The biggest thing for me when it comes to makeup is duration of the product. After working a twelve hour shift in the ER the coverage was still sheer and glowing and looked just like it did in the morning. And i cannot decide if I like the concealer more or the moisturizer because they are both fabolous!....my skin is so oily that ive tried literally almost every concealer out there, from amazing cosmetics (which is pricey) to the cheap ones and they all crease and settle into little lines by end of the day. But this concealer is the best one I have found by far. It stays on all day, doesn't crease or settle into lines, actually covers, and I actually look more rested by the end of the day, and looks extremely natural. Overall this is a great product. Best I have found for my type of skin (oily, acne-prone, slight redness). Product also feels like you're wearing nothing on skin. I will definitely buy again and I definitely cannot live without it.
EDIT: so unfortunately after wearing this product for like a month i started to break out. i didn't break out too bad but stopped using this product before it got worse. very good product, but didn't work out for me. i ended up giving it to my mom (because she's never gotten a zit in her life) and she says she really likes how natural the product is.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2009 6:25:00 PM More reviews by NWBecca

I received this new in a swap and couldn't be happier with it. I didn't want to buy it after being completely underwhelmed by the Pixi Lustrous Eye Primer that slips around everywhere and generally looks creasy, oily and gross.

But, back to the TM....The coverage is sheer, but buildable. I would be happy enough with that for "no makeup" days, but the addition of the concealer is even better. The concealer blends in so perfectly, it really melds into your skin and doesn't sit on top looking cakey. At the same time, it can be used under the eye without it sinking into and accentuating fine lines. If you warm it a bit with a brush or a clean fingertip, then it applies beatifully under the eyes--basically everything I wanted the BB undereye concealer to be. :)

I have fair NC20 skin and use the No. 1 light tone--it does add a bit of golden warmth, but no pink or orange, thankfully. My skin looks healthy and perfectly glowy, but not glittery or even particularly shimmery (I found the Stila illuminating TM to be too shimmery.) The packaging of the concealer is annoying--you have to be careful not to smush the concealer with the cap, but that is my only complaint.

You can find this at Target, but it's not really "drugstore"--it's part of the new UK aisle. So the price ($35) is certainly steep compared to other drugstore brands, but I think it's worth it. In terms of wear and quality, I would rate it better than the Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier and Smashbox TM's that I've used. Like I've already mentioned, the inclusion of the concealer puts it over the top. And I just love their packaging--I think the green boxes are so cute and the founder includes little tips for using the product. Overall love it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2008 1:37:00 PM More reviews by jaimejj

This is the best. I love the concealer on the top. Very good coverage and doesn't move. Many times my concealer will move into fine lines. The TM is also very good. Leaves skin really dewy and decent coverage for a TM. This is exactly what I was looking for.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2008 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Love2Laugh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't believe how much I like this product. I love the ingredients, and the fact that it is an spf 20. Normally TM's tend to make my oily skin oilier throughout the day, but not this one. I have not had to blot at all, and with every other foundation or TM I have ever used, even with powder, I have to blot at least twice through out the day. This product gives light coverage, and great sun protection. I was delightfully surprised by the ingredient list and that is actually what drew me to the product as I was looking for a TM with decent coverage, antioxidants, and a decent spf. The opaque packaging helps to keep the antioxidants and sunscreen ingredients stable. I will definitely repurchase this again, although the price is a bit high, it is well worth it to find something that works for my tempermental skin.

EDIT: Even though I did like this product as time went on I found that I used it less and less. Perhaps I am not a true TM lover, call me fickle, but by the end of the tube the "love" for this one ran out and I moved on. Still think it is decent, just not worth repurchasing again. A product has to earn a 5 for me by getting me to buy it again, and this one just did not. So long Pixi!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2008 6:38:00 PM More reviews by caleee143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to have this product when they included a blush/lip tint in the top instead of the concealer. Unfortunately, I ran out and never repurchased. Then I saw this at Target and had to pick it up (for $5 less than the previous vision to boot). I love to have it back in my life! Will definitely buy again before Target stops carrying it!