July 26, 2014 | 1486 users online

Mascara - Clarins - Double Fix

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2007 9:08:00 PM More reviews by viverr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am swooning over this product! I can now use any type of mascara with no worries on the smudge/racoon eye factor!!! it is smudgeproof AND waterprooof. and you only need to use a tiny bit of it. it stings my eyes a bit though... will update soon on that.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2007 10:13:00 AM More reviews by modfemme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff. Like many of you, I've been a human racoon for years since I am addicted to mascara but could never get it not to smudge. This stuff is amazing!!! I find that you only need to use a little of this to smudge-proof and waterproof your masacra otherwise you'll get more of a build-up than you'd want. I even use this on my eyebrows after shading them in to keep them waterproof too. Thank you Clarins. I wish they made something like this for eyeliner! The only crappy thing that someone else mentioned is that it does come in a toothpaste-ish tube that gets squeezed easily so you can't really just toss this into your really full purse or the product will build up at the top.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2007 6:17:00 PM More reviews by savethemarianne

I found this to leave a thick clumpy gel on my lashes, I had to comb it through to make it wearable. Also, it clumped my lashes together making them lose the natural look. However, I DO think it works, my mascara did run a bit after using it but notably not as much as it would've done without, it onl left a tiny grey smear after a good splashing with water and even so I'd have blamed that on my application rather than the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2007 9:09:00 AM More reviews by raspy85

Most mascaras, even waterproof, always smudge on me. And my curls usually become straight after a few hours. After using this, I need not worry about smudged mascara or droopy eyelashes!

What I don't like is that I need to wipe the brush before putting it back into the tube, otherwise the formula will change color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2007 7:39:00 PM More reviews by ilovejoy

This is HG for me! I use this with all my mascara so that I don't have racoon eyes. I tend to rub my eyes a lot too, and this always keeps everything in place. I can feel a little waxy? or strange, but it does the trick every time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2006 5:17:00 PM More reviews by sweetcaroline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A wonderful product! Thanks to MUA, I decided to try this out. I have super straight Asian lashes and normally wear waterproof mascara to hold the curl. But some waterproof formulas still smudge on me, so I tried this on top and it really makes it smudgeproof. No more raccoon eyes. I think it cost $13, but a tube can last for 3 years after opening! I won't need another one anytime soon, but I'll definately repurchase in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2006 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Hammurabi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Why havent i discovered this sooner? this is so good that I never had smudged mascara (not even a teeeny wee bit) ever since i tried mascara fix.
Its very reasonably priced, the only thing i hate is the way its packaged, I dont understand why cant it be a normal mascara tube instead of the stupid toothpaste type tube. When I take it out the product start to collect on the 'neck' of the tube and its really annoying.
I have cleaned the thing so many times i think i waste more product on tissue than on my eyes.
but then again, i have not yet find anything remotely comparable. so until then, i will still keep buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2006 10:23:00 PM More reviews by beforenafter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

No more smudging. It's amazing. Even when wnen wearing eye cream and creamy concealer without powder, yup no smudging. The only bummer is that it makes it harder to take OFF the eye makeup. I'm always following up with a qtip soaked in eyemakeup remover, it's all good though as long as it's not coming off during the day!

Warning: goopiness MAY be a problem, but nothing a comb through with a quality eyelash comb can't fix.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2006 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Kristineh

Yes, it works! I usually don't wear makeup when I'm going swimming or anything, but if so I always apply this first, and it makes the mascara stay put, no raccoon eyes! Might make your lashes look a little spidey, but that's the price you pay for swimming with mascara on :P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2006 11:32:00 AM More reviews by MissMelissa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

What an awesome product! I'm getting ready to leave, but I had to stop and write a review about this! I have had problems wearing mascara for years! Even when I'm wearing my HG mascara, which just so happens to be Clarins Wonder Volume, I don't dare apply it to my bottom lashes. You're talking Halloween scary, if I do! I have dealt with and am always working on my dark circles and it doesn't take but a fleck of dark mascara to magnify them:)Haha! So, for the first time in YEARS, I've got mascara on my top and bottom lashes! Believe me, I piled it on, too! First I curled my lashes and used my HG mascara. Then I pulled out my stash of disposable mascara wands, (thanks Billie!) to apply it with, since I was afraid that there would little black specks on the brush and didn't want them to get in the tube. I went over my top & bottom lashes very lightly, almost as if brushing them out. They look faaaabb--u--lous! I forgot how beautiful my lashes are and what a sexy bitch I am:))
I'll update later, on the wear of this little miracle!
Update: This stuff IS a miracle! It lasted ALL DAY, through touch-ups of concealer, I might add. A cute guy actually hit on me today! I'm definitely going to start using this, so I can wear mascara again. My lashes will be fluttering, from now on:)