September 22, 2014 | 1894 users online

Mascara - Clarins - Double Fix

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2007 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Ashz0r

part of my everyday make-up routine!
put it on before ur mascara and it separates them perfectly , making sure nothing will smudge..
i hate waterproof mascaras so i think it is so much better to buy this and put it on instead, it absolutely does what its meant to!! it may cost 14 quid, but the fact that i use it everyday and it actually works, justifies the price.
it can get a bit messy and discoloured if applied over mascara, but that has never stopped it from doing what its supposed to.
i love clarins ^_^

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2007 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Suselew

This has become a permanent staple in my routine. I don't have to worry about my mascara smearing under my eyes now. And, I can wear my favorite colored mascaras. It's easy to apply and really works! I let my mascara dry completely and make this the last step in my morning routine. I'm not fond of having to wipe the brush after using it, but you really don't want to stick the mascara/gel mix back into the tube. Not a perfect design, but not sure how you would change it.
Just make sure you get a good waterproof mascara remover for this product. Clarins makes a good one that works very well and doesn't sting or cloud your eyes.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2007 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Figure88

wow, wow, WOW! I was skeptical about this product...the idea that I had to put something on over my mascara freaked me out & I had visions of clumpy Tammy Faye lashes. However, in my desperation to make my favorite mascara stay on (Benefit's Badgal) I gave it a shot. I swapped for this item and I am soOoooOooO glad I went for it, it is AMAZING! The first time I tried it I only applied to one eye and then compared through out the day - this stuff makes your mascara stay on forever - I worked, hit the gym, cooked, and even swam. Basically I put this stuff through cosmetic boot camp and it surpassed my expectations and then some! Mascara fix keeps my lashes curled all day, my mascara on (no flakes, raccoon eyes, NOTHING) and best of all did not irritate or hurt my eyes at all, allllllllll jeah! I always ask myself - is this a product I would use on my wedding day, and if the answer is a quick yes I know it is a keeper. Excellent stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2007 9:08:00 PM More reviews by viverr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am swooning over this product! I can now use any type of mascara with no worries on the smudge/racoon eye factor!!! it is smudgeproof AND waterprooof. and you only need to use a tiny bit of it. it stings my eyes a bit though... will update soon on that.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2007 10:13:00 AM More reviews by modfemme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff. Like many of you, I've been a human racoon for years since I am addicted to mascara but could never get it not to smudge. This stuff is amazing!!! I find that you only need to use a little of this to smudge-proof and waterproof your masacra otherwise you'll get more of a build-up than you'd want. I even use this on my eyebrows after shading them in to keep them waterproof too. Thank you Clarins. I wish they made something like this for eyeliner! The only crappy thing that someone else mentioned is that it does come in a toothpaste-ish tube that gets squeezed easily so you can't really just toss this into your really full purse or the product will build up at the top.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2007 6:17:00 PM More reviews by savethemarianne

I found this to leave a thick clumpy gel on my lashes, I had to comb it through to make it wearable. Also, it clumped my lashes together making them lose the natural look. However, I DO think it works, my mascara did run a bit after using it but notably not as much as it would've done without, it onl left a tiny grey smear after a good splashing with water and even so I'd have blamed that on my application rather than the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2007 9:09:00 AM More reviews by raspy85

Most mascaras, even waterproof, always smudge on me. And my curls usually become straight after a few hours. After using this, I need not worry about smudged mascara or droopy eyelashes!

What I don't like is that I need to wipe the brush before putting it back into the tube, otherwise the formula will change color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2007 7:39:00 PM More reviews by ilovejoy

This is HG for me! I use this with all my mascara so that I don't have racoon eyes. I tend to rub my eyes a lot too, and this always keeps everything in place. I can feel a little waxy? or strange, but it does the trick every time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2006 5:17:00 PM More reviews by sweetcaroline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A wonderful product! Thanks to MUA, I decided to try this out. I have super straight Asian lashes and normally wear waterproof mascara to hold the curl. But some waterproof formulas still smudge on me, so I tried this on top and it really makes it smudgeproof. No more raccoon eyes. I think it cost $13, but a tube can last for 3 years after opening! I won't need another one anytime soon, but I'll definately repurchase in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2006 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Hammurabi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Why havent i discovered this sooner? this is so good that I never had smudged mascara (not even a teeeny wee bit) ever since i tried mascara fix.
Its very reasonably priced, the only thing i hate is the way its packaged, I dont understand why cant it be a normal mascara tube instead of the stupid toothpaste type tube. When I take it out the product start to collect on the 'neck' of the tube and its really annoying.
I have cleaned the thing so many times i think i waste more product on tissue than on my eyes.
but then again, i have not yet find anything remotely comparable. so until then, i will still keep buying.