October 2, 2014 | 1357 users online

Powder - Shiseido - Perfect Smoothing Compact Foundation SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2008 5:00:00 PM More reviews by BeautyizPain

Okay so I have been searching and searching for the best foundation for my nc35 combo skin for years...I have been faithful to Mac and have tried everything they got but this stuff is my HG for now on. Everything about it is great..the color (i'm a 060 in this) is right on, perfect med coverage, just beautiful finish. The only thing is the application but I'm gonna try it next time with my stippling brush and I'm sure it will be fine....this was a sample and I'm going to go pick up some more tommorow...def recommend!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2008 2:08:00 PM More reviews by juliaesands

I have not bought this so I am writing this review based on a generous sample I received when I brought in a free sample coupon to Macys. I have never worn Shiseido foundation before so the numbering system makes no sense to me but I wear a NC/NW 20-25 in MAC and I was given the lightest shade, I00, which oddly matches me very well. I apply it and it looks good- it totally takes away all the shine from my face. I think if you use it with a very light hand it looks less flat, but it does look polished and finished. I l'd love to buy this, but I think I'm going to wait (though my junkie side might get the most of me) until Christmas, finish my sample and think about it. It is an excellent foundation though!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2008 2:34:00 PM More reviews by swtie22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This along with Mac's Mineralize Skinfinish Duo are currently my favorite products.

I bought this powder in O40 which matches my Mac's NC35 shade perfectly. This powder goes on very smoothly, it gives you medium coverage without making you look cakey. Although I have normal/dry skin this powder will not accentuate any of my drier areas but instead it gives me a nice smooth finish all over my face. I wear this foundation for special occasions or outings on the weekend and Mac's Mineralize Skinfinish Duo as my daily foundation.

The only drawback I can think of this foundation is that in my opinion it is a bit pricey. The first purchase will cost you $30 for the foundation and $9 for the case, afterwards it costs you $30 for the refills, otherwise I am really happy and am loving this foundation.

EDIT: I have not used this powder very often as I have found a new product that makes my skin look beautiful, Eve Pearl's medium foundation. I still continue to use my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish and am still loving that product.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2008 12:51:00 PM More reviews by JamieLou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the coverage of this foundation and that is all. I found that it got shiny fairly quickly and I am not oily. The colors of the smoothing run about a shade darker than the powdery foundation. The coverage is medium. The formulation itself is very smooth when put on but I do agree with the previous review that it is a bit difficult to blend. Overall I would not buy this foundation again because it is too dark, looks oily and does not blend real well on me. For reference I am I00 - Shiseido Powdery, LM - Porcelain Ivory, MAC - NC15).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2008 12:01:00 PM More reviews by ericaberryy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I find this a bit difficult to blend. i prefer their powder foundation. the compact is lovely, bit on the small side tho. the color match is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2008 4:09:00 PM More reviews by barbiH

UPDATE: Ok, so it's lovely going on....SO SILKY! Not as powdery as Shisiedo's Powdery foundation. However, after exercising, it really started itching. I'm quite dermatitis prone and had itching problems w/ the Powdery, so it's not a complete surprise. Just a disappointment. I'm not downgrading my rating....as most "normal" people wouldn't have any problems with this foundation.

Just rec'd this in the mail and will update my review once I've tried it.
INGREDIENTS: Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 17.6% and Octinoxate 1.4%
Inactive Ingredients: barium sulfate, talc, vinyl dimethicone/methicone silesquioxane crosspolymer, synthetic fluophlogopite, dimethicone, zinc myristate, boron nitride, disostearyl macate, squalane, PEG/PPG 36/41 dimethylether, potassium ascorbyl tocopheryl phospte, royal jelly extract, petrolatum, polysilicone 2, sorbitan sesquisostearate, aluminum hydroxide, aluminum distearate, ethyhexylglycerin, alcohol, water, tocopherol, alumina, BHT, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, mica, iron oxides, zinc oxide continued >>

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2008 10:15:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

I was mourning the discontinuation of Shiseido's popular Powdery Foundation, which had been HG for me for years. I loved how controllable it was, and despite the name, wasn't powdery at all; rather, it covered my pores like cream, and still left my oily skin more matte, and for longer, than any foundation could. In PF, I could wear I20 or O20, although I20 definitely leaned toward the pinkier side, at least on my very yellow-toned skin.

When Smoothing Compact Foundation came to both of my local Shiseido counters, I was disappointed to discover that the O series wouldn't be carried here (the regional rep said the O series would only be carried in the larger stores, like Toronto). But the I series, in comparison to the PF's I shades, are actually very yellow. Under store lighting, it appeared the I20 would be took dark and yellow even for me, who searches for very very yellow shades to match my skin, which likes to turn everything pink. I would have liked to try the I00, but that wasn't available either. Upon the advice of the SA, I walked out with the I20, and applied it the next day on bare skin and in broad daylight - and I was pleasantly surprised to discover it was a perfect match.

This foundation covers all of my pores, but it's not cakey or dry. It doesn't make me shiny, either, and the SPF is definitely a plus. It's a soft-focus finish, and well worth replacing Powdery Finish, except that this can't be used wet. Really love everything about this - the packaging, the texture, the lasting power. (A note on that: after eight hours in extreme humidity and heat, this stuff stayed put!)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2008 4:37:00 PM More reviews by gpradhip

I have been member of MUA for a while. I always read reviews before I buy anything, but never write them. I have been wearing BE minerals for few years, but lately my skin got just to oily and the minerals were melting off. I was in search for better product, looking for light non-shiny foundation. This powder goes on light (I use light very light touch) and gives very natural not to powdery finish. It stays on all day and gets little shiny after 6 hours of wear, but this can be caused by my lotion. I'll be getting Bobbi Brown Oil controling lotion this weekend and use it as a primer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 8:36:00 PM More reviews by MDgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I HEART Shiseido's Perfect Smoothing Compact Foundation!

Shiseido's O60 has been the dead on color match for me as long as I can remember. I have combo skin and have used the powder foundation, oil free liquid (discontinued), stick, and dual balancing foundation. I received a card in the mail from Macy's about the new foundation and I was a bit intrigued and had to check it out!

Well, the latest powder foundation does not disappoint. The coverage is a nice light to light medium coverage that looks as if it were airbrushed giving me a wonderful candlelight glow! The result is absolutely beautiful and stunning! I couldn't believe how light and airy the foundation was! It does NOT look cakey or thick at all or "done"!

Yes, I am a convert of Clinique's Almost Powder Makeup. The difference for me is in the finish. When I compare the two, I notice that the Clinique's Almost Powder Makeup can make my face look kinda "flat"~ maybe this is from the matte finish. Don't get me wrong, I still continue to use it during the day as it provides wonderful coverage. At night, I prefer to wear this over toned skin.

The price...well, anything Shiseido means quality packaging. You guessed it! The compact is small and stunning at around $9 and foundation refill is $30.

Definitely recommended!