October 1, 2014 | 1744 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - Eye Kabuki Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 10:32:00 PM More reviews by stingrae1625

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

nice brush...nice and soft, like all the other EDM brushes. :) love the synthetic bristles and bamboo handle. it's just right for an all over sweep of the eyelid, but too big for precise shading. i love it though, since IF i wear e/s it's usually just a sweep of color along my upper lashes. very nice brush and even better price! i should also add that i tested my mineral shadows with my normal sephora e/s brushes, and the pigments went flying off everywhere when i touched it to my eyelid. this one held on tight and deposited a much sheerer layer and allowed more control.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2009 1:24:00 PM More reviews by yvonyvonnette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I don't really use this for my eyeshadow. It too large for anything other than an all over sweep. I use this for concealing and its great! I took a lippie off b/c of the slightly misleading name but if it where called "concealer kabuki", then it would be 5/5.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 11:11:00 AM More reviews by bubbleheart

Im glad I bought this brush, although I think the suggestion that it is an eye brush might be a bit misleading....but since I'd already read reviews on it I wasnt planning on using for that anyways. It works excellently as a combination with one of the larger kabukis, instead of layering foundation everywhere over and over everywhere, this brush allows you to just go over the spots where you need extra coverage but with the same great application as EM's soft kabuki brushes. Great item to have in your brush collection because its so versatile with numerous ways to use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2009 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

What a wonderful brush, perfect for packing extra mmu fdn as a concealer. As my liver spots cover a large area, this brush gives an even coverage to a larger area. And, of course, its excellent to prime the eyelid as well. I am going to get 2 more for back ups.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2009 8:13:00 AM More reviews by MissValery

Very nice! Extremely soft on the skin, great for applying an even wash of color, blending eye colors or conceal discolourations of the skin. However, I find that this only works for concealing if the area you conceal is even in texture. As soon as youz have bumps (i.e. pimples) or try to get into your undereye area, it just doesnīt cover that well. I still find it hard to conceal those areas even with this brush. Still, itīs a five lippie because it works great for the tasks named in the beginning.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2009 2:41:00 AM More reviews by belletrist9

I love this brush! It doesn't exactly do what I wanted it to though. I got it hoping to use it for blending... but it's wayyy to big to really use on my lid area (I have tiny Asian eyes). It is however, an absolute dream for highlighting and for doing an all over wash on the lid (especially to make blending over udpp and painterly easier). It also does a great job at blending out harsh lines at the edges of my eye makeup or fixing mistakes if I screw up the placement of an eyeshadow. It's very dense and soft, easy to control and super cheap. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2009 11:50:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

Love this brush - just got it yesterday to use as a concealor brush (was using an old Lancome eye shadow brush which worked great, but is starting to shed becuz it's old) and this works great! I use it to apply my under eye concealor, my concealor on the sides of my nose = is dense enuf to provide wonderful coverage but not so dense as to apply powder too thickly. Bristles are super soft! This will be a highly versatile brush and I hope EM keeps it around for a long time because I won't need to re-purchase for a long time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 1:09:00 AM More reviews by modestyblaise78

I am planning to buy some more.
At the moment, I just own one.
I don't find it too big for the eyes, as some reviewers stated.
As soon as this brush entered my make up world, it became one of my favorites.
I love Everyday Minerals, and I am a big fan of their brushes.
All of their brushes I've been using up to now proved to be soft and gentle.
They pick up the color really well.
And they don't shed.
I use this one for blending, in the crease, for highlighting - or for putting an eye shadow all over lid.
It's a multitasking brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2009 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Mipmip

Great brush! It's versatile, you can contour with it, apply eyeshadow, or use it as a concealer brush. It is very soft, pretty dense and a must have for mineral makeup users!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2009 2:50:00 PM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

[cue Angel chorus]

This is one of EDM best brushes and probably one of the best brushes ever created... in history :D This is so useful for so many things! This is my go to concealer brush. It get's around my eyes easily. It's so soft and dense that it gives me intense color where I need it and blends it in perfectly without scratching and tugging delicate skin around my eyes. This is also a great blending/eyeshadow brush [which I think was it's original purpose] If you are debating on whether to try brushes from EDM. Do it. If you are trying to pick a couple that you absolutley must have, this is one of them.

Edit: 04.13.2010
This is still an amazing brush. Eco Tools brushes are a great alternative [if not better] and available in Drugstores and Ulta if you don't want the hassle of shopping online. I don't believe they have a brush like this YET so it's def. a must have!