October 21, 2014 | 2059 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Moisture

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by borrricua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very moisturizing. Nice consistency. A little pricey for a drugstore lip balm. I love that it has SPF.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by KPF760

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was skeptical about this balm at first because of the hype surrounding it on YT. A lot of times things that get hyped up by gurus turn out to be underwhelming. I ended up buying it after someone said it makes a good lip primer. This does work well to prime my lips before lipstick. What I do is put it on for a few minutes till it sinks in, pat my lips with a tissue then put on my lip erase then lipstick and gloss (if I'm using a gloss, not really big into it though) My lips feel moisturized and my lipstick lasts quite a while. I also use it just by itself. This balm doesn't feel waxy or sticky at all, it's very smooth. It's kind of soft so it breaks easily in the tube. It's not super thick on the lips, but it doesn't feel like nothing is there. It is soothing and lasts for a long time compared to some balms. It's not the absolute most healing or nourishing balm I've ever used but I like it quite a bit for daily use. I keep one in my purse and at my desk. I use something more nourishing at night before bed.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by LizSaysSo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can't sing the compliments of this balm enough! It smooths and locks in moisture, rather than merely sitting on top of the lips like most wax-based chapsticks, and the faintly sweet scent/taste is yummy without breaching offensive.

The cherry on top for me is the lack of sheer cherry color; you can apply it on the go, and, if you mess up, the skin above your upper lip isn't stained all day like with some colored competitors. I love it, love it, love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by hellocopter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best lip balm I've ever used! There is definitely a difference between Nivea lip balms - the dark blue is the one that is the best. This is the first lip balm I've used in my entire life that I finished and repurchased. I would (and have) highly recommend this to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 1:54:00 AM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

First of all, this is NOT the same as the Nivea lip balm in the light blue tube, which is significantly inferior to the one in the dark blue tube. I've bought both, and the light blue is garbage (comparatively, though probably not relation to other balms--Burt's bee's, soft lips, possibly even weleda everon.)

The one in the dark blue tube is the only lip balm I have EVER finished-- in the shocking span of a month, to boot--and I say this with MAC and neem sticks I've held in high regard in mind. Not a single person whose lips have touched this balm have remained unimpressed by its moisturizing capabilities. If magic exists, Nivea has encapsulated it in this tube.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like that the stick is quite fat and that makes it easy and quick to apply. I like that it's not too creamy or messy too! I find that it does moisturise my lips well and I don't have a problem with the feel of it, it's slippery without being greasy if that makes sense. To me, the consistency is perfect. I also like how it's not too glossy.

This will never beat Carmex but it was on offer so bought a few just to have them hanging around in my pockets and bags so I'm never left without a lip balm. I am constantly smiling so I need one with me at all times because my lips get sore from smiling all the time!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by wickedfreethinker

I'm not a chapstick fan and I really never liked soft lips because I never felt like it moisturized my lips that well. I love nivea products and I adore this balm. It moisturizes super well and keeps my lips from getting chapped. I like the way it feels under lipstick/gloss and it makes my lips super soft. Will repurchase, the only annoying thing is that the packaging isn't that awesome, it reminds me of a glue stick and the cap falls off easily.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by peachykeens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is very thick and does not moisturize well.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by pulitzer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a good balm to put under lipstick or even gloss to provide a sort of base so the lipstick/gloss doesn't define fine lines...

BUT this product doesn't work well on a treatment level. My lips get dry again as soon as this wears off and I have to keep reapplying. Contrary to what its name implies, it doesn't give any moisture to your lips but it just acts as a layer of wax/castor seed oil/shea butter (some of its ingredients) that just sits on your lips until it wears off.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by gloriaeavalos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really did not like this lip balm at all. I didn't find it moisturizing and it rubs off within seconds/minutes of applying and as a result, I had to constantly reapply it.