July 30, 2014 | 2124 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lancome - La Base Pro

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by mrsbigsky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The good: This is the primer I am currently using. It does do a great job of smoothing out my skin before I lay on the foundation. I have noticed that my foundation does stay on longer.

The bad: Cost is $42 for .8 oz. It comes on very greasy and I don't like that feeling. However, most primers are that way. The only one I've found that doesn't feel like that is Spackle. Very similar to the clear primer formula that Smashbox Photofinish makes, however Smashbox is a $32 for 1 oz. and contains vitamin C and peptides. I will be going back to the Smashbox when this is empty.

The conclusion: The packaging is beautiful, it does what it delivers, and it is oil free. The price is steep compared to other primers in the market, so it loses a lippie for that. Four lippies.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

This is the second primer I have used.
I first tried the Sephora primer and felt it made me turn oily so I figured primer was an unnecessary step I could skip.
I got this as a sample so it came in a small squeeze tube, so I can't comment on the pump bottle.
The product is clear and silky, definitely not oily or sticky. I applied this under my liquid foundation (Clinique Even Better, at the time) and it just glided on so smoothly. My (enlarged) pores were a lot less obvious and my face looked so smooth and airbrushed. And the smooth airbrushed look lasted for a long time - I didn't turn greasy for the entire work day. My face still looked fresh when I got home. I also found I needed to use less liquid foundation, powder and blush. Therefore I can say that it enhanced the performance of my other products.

I tried it again and I found it made me shiny, but I know why. I think I liked the results so much the first time that I used too much. That was probably why I had poor results with the first primer I tried as well. The key with primers (I think) is to use them sparingly - you only need a tiny drop to smooth over your face. You should NOT apply this as you would a moisturizer.

Because of the price I have reserved what's left of my sample for special occasions only. This is not within my price range for a daily-use product. When I do use it, the results are spectacular. However, if you can afford this I highly recommend it and I do believe I will purchase a full size when I finish my sample to use for special occasions and when I really need my makeup to last.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by sickofacne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

love it!
smell: none
touch: silky
usage: a small squeeze
cost: MEH
effect: heavenly!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by nikolala

While this product does deliver in making my face silky and even, I am so dissapointed with the packaging. After a few times the pump broke, the plastic tube came off and it wasnt sucking up through the pump anymore I resorted to sticking a q-tip in the bottle to get out the rest. The packaging and the price were not worth the results. I wont be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by ashergill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

"whoa you look like that creepy version of hermione whats wrong with your face," yes that was my brothers reaction to me walking out of the bathroom wearing this under my foundation, its THAT good you look like a scarily perfect version of yourself it smoothes out everything and the face is flawless. I use one pump and a very small one at that and I am set apply teint miracle over it and walk out looking like you jumped out of one those magazine ads with creepy perfect skin. It is pricey but its lancome so thats expected and honestly there is so much product and considering the fact I only use this when I want to impress or feel like being 'fully made up" I think I'll be good for awhile.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

I use this to fill in my pores so that my foundation applies smoother. It does control oil and make your foundation last longer, but you should also combine it with a good mattifying or long lasting foundation (by itself). It is odourless which I like, and one pump is enough to cover whole face. I do like this primer, but it is just tooooo expensive. I am also using the ELF skin primer, which has pretty similar performance as well, except the ELF one smells more chemical. For pure economics, I won't rebuy this.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by PastyWicks

Um. The ingredients are literally the same as monistat anti-chafing gel. And this is $42. Theres nothing beneficial to skin in this primer nor does it do anything special. The monistat gel has more benefits and is like what $7 dollars? I rest my case. :p

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by xoxkaorixox

This is by far my favorite makeup base. I use it on clients all the time and they love it!

I find it evens out the skin tone, hides wrinkles, makes pores appear smaller and glides over blemishes smoothly. Your skin will look flawless and even toned.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2011 5:10:00 AM More reviews by fionamimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It feels so nice on your hand, but once you put it on your face it's a no go. Normally when the primer has a silicone feel to it, it goes away once it's worked into the skin and sets... not this one. It's oily.

I am an oily skin, but my skin doesn't get dewy for a few hours of wear. This.... made me look like I was bathing in canola oil.

Would strongly suggest this to dry skinned people, who want a dewy finish. I purchased this at Nordie's and the Lancome counter manager agreed with me and that she hates this product...

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by thebleutini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had a sample to try and this product is not doing what it was supposed to do. I have a combination skin (very dry on cheeks and very oily on t-zone) and it made my pores look even bigger and I looked so cakey around t-zone area. I don't wear heavy make up so i know this cakey look was from the la base. This product is only good for regular to dry skin and not for oily skin. I am glad I had the sample to try otherwise it would've been a waste of money!!!