November 23, 2014 | 1548 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lancome - La Base Pro

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 4:33:00 AM More reviews by Glor21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

very good product!!! amazing feeling on the skin
dosen't make pimpels

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by nordavind

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My skin is very dry on my forehead and around my nose, so all foundations (even tinted moisturizers) tend to flake on these areas. The SA at the LancŰme counter tried La Base on me with the LancŰme tinted moisturizer with a satisfying result. I checked in the mirror a couple of hours later and there were still no dry patches to be seen. I received a sample to try at home so I used it a couple of time with my own foundation (Make Up For Ever Face & Body). It was very nice to use because it feels satiny on the skin, and the foundations glides very smoothly over the base. Unfortunately the air-brushed look didnít last all day. After a few hours my forehead and cheeks showed some flakiness.

I canít really judge if this product extends the wear of foundations because my skin is not oily therefore foundations donít fade a lot on me anyway, but I didnít see any difference. Looking at the ingredients list (well... silicone, and more silicone), I really feel that you only pay for the brand. Basically, this primer creates a film between the skin and the make-up, but there are no specific ingredients to either moisturize dry skin or to control oiliness on combo / oily skins. At $42 a bottle this is definitely not something Iím gonna buy in full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by elainehanley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is the best primer I have ever used to date love it and will definitely buy again

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by andiwongg

JUST BOUGHT THIS PRODUCT - WILL REVIEW AFTER USE =)) but so far i see some positives: pump bottle makes it more sanitary, oil free, tried some on the back of my hand and the area is noticeably smoother and feels like there is a thing layer on top of my skin.
con: pricier than i would like but if it's worth it then maybe it's not really a con.

thanks to all the reviewers.... your positive reviews have pushed me to indulge in this primer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2011 8:10:00 AM More reviews by suehailee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

quite a lengthy post here : READ AT UR OWN RISK. hihi. Im very new here,Ive never had any primers on my face b4, n now I only knew that primers existed, how important primers are. I always wear makeup, but I knew nuts about primers. so yeah, Im a primer-virgin. My first try was LANCOME LA BASE. I was with my fren who always loves Lancome lippies,we were talking to the SA, and suddenly there was another customer interrupting our conversations. dat particular lady was asking for TWO bottles of LA BASE. i was like.."oh ok, she must be a LA BASE hardcore" . knowing dat I was watching her, dat lady smiled and said to me : " i wont wear my makeup without this on first" . with dat she bought two LA BASEs. so, to cure my curiosity, I bought one for myself too. I NEVER REGRETTED the decision , Im almost thankful to dat lady-stranger at Lancome. oh laaa laaaaa..my makeup is perfect with dis! i have oily skin, n it shows a lot when I wear my MAC foundation. with LA BASE on, I dun need to blot for one whole day, (from home to work n back to being home again)..I can feel my face feeling smooth and juuusstttt niceeeeeee...if I touch my face, I dont see those 'unwanted shines' on my fingers. my skin becomes not too dry, not too oily=perfecto! it glides on my face , smoothing everything over,tho my pores dont dissapear ( i knw they never will), but theyre just 'hidden' with LA BASE..my colleagues noticed dat my face becomes smooth, n they keep asking me, whether Ive gone to my facials this week, or did I do something to my face? yippeeeeeee!! the packaging is superb , very hygenic , and stylish. my nose doesnt pick up any scent from dis primer, so Im ok with dat. RM110 for 25ML product is considered expensive here in Malaysia, but I dont mind paying dat much for such quality. i love dis, n i will definitely re-purchase. im glad dat I chose LA BASE as my first primer. =))
P/s : The Lancome SA told me dat her average sale for dis product is more than 24 bottles a month. impressive !

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by wigsnatcher

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I can sum this up with one word: silicone. If you don't like silicone, you're gonna absolutely hate this.
This product is nothing groundbreaking but it works well for me - it really helps my foundation (especially lighter formulas like Vitalumiere Aqua) stay put and smooths out my complexion. A drop goes a long way and I find this type of primer to be best for controlling both minor shine and dryness, as well as for smoothing out my skin texture. When I wear anything with loads of shimmer, like Dior's Rose Diamond, I use this to avoid the dreaded highlighted pore look. I know I will have a much easier time getting an even foundation application when I use it. Maybe one of the reasons why this works for me is because I don't use it everyday, and so it never leaves me feeling like it's clogged my pores or made my skin worse.

All in all, a reliable product that will suit lots of skin types - except those that are sensitive to silicone or petroleum-based products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by AllThatGlittters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this primer! It is most definitely worth the price bearing in mind you only need a small amount. La Base is a clear, gel-like formula. Just use your fingers to smooth it all over the skin and you have the perfect base for foundation or powder. It makes skin feel super silky and smooth and liquid foundation smoothes on like a dream, especially MAC sf. It is quite moisturizing and foundation just works in harmony with this primer. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by mrsbigsky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The good: This is the primer I am currently using. It does do a great job of smoothing out my skin before I lay on the foundation. I have noticed that my foundation does stay on longer.

The bad: Cost is $42 for .8 oz. It comes on very greasy and I don't like that feeling. However, most primers are that way. The only one I've found that doesn't feel like that is Spackle. Very similar to the clear primer formula that Smashbox Photofinish makes, however Smashbox is a $32 for 1 oz. and contains vitamin C and peptides. I will be going back to the Smashbox when this is empty.

The conclusion: The packaging is beautiful, it does what it delivers, and it is oil free. The price is steep compared to other primers in the market, so it loses a lippie for that. Four lippies.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

This is the second primer I have used.
I first tried the Sephora primer and felt it made me turn oily so I figured primer was an unnecessary step I could skip.
I got this as a sample so it came in a small squeeze tube, so I can't comment on the pump bottle.
The product is clear and silky, definitely not oily or sticky. I applied this under my liquid foundation (Clinique Even Better, at the time) and it just glided on so smoothly. My (enlarged) pores were a lot less obvious and my face looked so smooth and airbrushed. And the smooth airbrushed look lasted for a long time - I didn't turn greasy for the entire work day. My face still looked fresh when I got home. I also found I needed to use less liquid foundation, powder and blush. Therefore I can say that it enhanced the performance of my other products.

I tried it again and I found it made me shiny, but I know why. I think I liked the results so much the first time that I used too much. That was probably why I had poor results with the first primer I tried as well. The key with primers (I think) is to use them sparingly - you only need a tiny drop to smooth over your face. You should NOT apply this as you would a moisturizer.

Because of the price I have reserved what's left of my sample for special occasions only. This is not within my price range for a daily-use product. When I do use it, the results are spectacular. However, if you can afford this I highly recommend it and I do believe I will purchase a full size when I finish my sample to use for special occasions and when I really need my makeup to last.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by sickofacne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

love it!
smell: none
touch: silky