July 31, 2014 | 1054 users online

Blush - NARS - Dolce Vita

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2009 11:04:00 PM More reviews by swamp_eyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought Dolce Vita on a whim, and boy am I glad I did! This was quickly added to my HG blush list. I would call this color a warm, slightly brick, slightly dusty rose... if that makes sense. DV is VERY pigmented, which I love - a little goes a long way, and if applied correctly, it lasts all day. I find that the best way to apply blush is to buff it INTO your skin, not just sweep it across; that's exactly what I do with Dolce Vita. I lightly tap my brush into the blush and then blend blend blend it into the apples of my cheeks, slightly sweeping up the cheek bone. Since DV has no shimmer, it's the perfect complement to my bronzer of choice, the slightly-shimmer NARS Casino.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pretty color, but I wouldn't call it dusty rose. It's a red berry that's pretty for a statement look. Unfortunately, it's a little too red & muddy on it's own for my coloring. Even when I apply it lightly, it doesn't look right. It also doesn't photograph well on me. I've used mine 3-4 times, and it just sits in my drawer, because I'm too lazy to "make it work". Too bad because I loved that it was a smooth, matte blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Ari08

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the perfect color for my skin tone. I use it with a stippling brush; since these blushes tend to be very pigmented. Once applied in the am; i typically don't have to retouch all day. Nars blushes are pricey at $25/ea; however well worth it because you def will not need to repurchase for some time!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2009 1:04:00 PM More reviews by hyperning

I haven't stopped using this blush since I bought it. probably because it's expensive and i feel i should be getting the most out of it.

But it really does make me feel pretty. Because I am quite tan, I don't really register a natural blush. So it's a new experience to actually see color on my skin. But it's not only for my skin tone, my best friend is quite pale, and a light dusting of this AND blending it out of course made her seem so rosy.

i'm glad i bought this. and though expensive, i've noticed tha tyou really do get what you pay for. the fact that it's matte really really surprised me, and it's changed how i now put on make-up. shimmer sometimes, glow definitely. and this, yes does make me glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 10:23:00 PM More reviews by musicxxaddict

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this color. I have darker skin and this color is still very wearable. Of course, like all NARS blushes, it is more expensive than most like to spend, but it is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by petitepoire

Out of the many NARS blushes i have, this is one of my favorites. i pre-ordered it from the counter at Nordstroms for the Fall Preview last year. i almost didn't get it because i already have a NARS stash but i couldn't resist. i just love all the Dolce Vita products. Dolce Vita is like my Orgasm. i like that it's matte compared to NARS' other blushes. it's a lovely warm rose color and it can be applied sheer or you can build up the color. i just love how pigmented NARS blushes are. A little definitely goes a long way. i've had this blush for over a year and it still looks brand new. i've been using my blush in Deep Throat practically every day for the past year and a half and i barely put a dent in it. and the best part about NARS blushes is that they have great lasting power throughout the day. i would definitely buy this again but i don't think i would need to for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2009 5:05:00 AM More reviews by TanPeekLing

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Surprise surprise! I saw this horribly muddy dark brick colour in its pan, and I thought to myself, I must be nuts to buy this! I got this and Deep Throat from an online seller, so I pretty much got the 2 blushers at an extremely good deal. What the heck, I will just try the colour on, without too much enthusiasm if I may add.

But surprise surprise! This colour is FANTASTIC on my yellow tanned NC35 skintone! It gives me the most amazing "Just out of the gym/shower" look I have ever achieved with any one blush that I own. I love this colour to death. I am not even wanting to try Deep Throat now, cos I just want to put this on day after day.

This is a life saver, as it adds colour to my otherwise dead-fish face, and makes me look alive and happy! I wish I had used this on my wedding day (which is about 2 years ago) though....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by kikidaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful blush. It gives you a natural rosy flush on my pale skin. It's matte and very pigmented, so I touch the surface with my 187 very lightly 2-3 times for each cheek and that's enough to give me a lightly flushed cheek. I usually add a lighter and brighter pink such as HK Tippy or Becca Sylph or Dior Tahiti Pink on the apples to finish the look off. I like the NARS packaging as it's small, sturdy and doesn't take up room.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2009 6:22:00 PM More reviews by seleneheartsmac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i adore this blush! it is the perfect rosy shade. i love that its matte, which makes a look a bit more professional and you can play up shimmer on other parts of your face. the color is scary in the pan, but if you apply lightly it gives a stunning flush that is natural and not too dark. i highly recommend using a skunk brush, or duo fiber brush (my favorite is the sonia kashuk highlighting brush), which gives a fool-proof application for ridiculously pigmented blushes. dolce vita is incredibly pigmented, so a little goes a long way. if you don't use a skunk brush, only 1 light tap of a normal blush brush will do. because you only need a small amount of the blush per use, it will last a very long time; you will definitely get your money's worth!
i think this blush is also very universal. i have light skin, medium in the summer and it looks lovely on. but it would also be gorgeous on tanned skin or someone super fair. this is a truly great blush and i think everyone should try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 10:08:00 AM More reviews by purplegloss

Love Love Love this blush! Buildable color that can be sheered out as well....love Nars pkging when it comes to their blushes! Plus it has a mirror unlike MAC.....such a beautiful...plum color ..I'm NC50...its definately a must have for complexions like mine or darker....that I know for sure! I suggest giving it a try at a counter....u're bound to fall in love with it tho!