NARS Dolce Vita

4.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have pondered buying this blush for a looong time and finally took the plunge. I agree with most users below that it is a dusty brick rose, highly pigmented almost velvet matte which I have grown to love. I have NW20ish skin that leads more toward neutral and likes warm tones as opposed to pale and this sculptures my cheekbones like no other no matter how I place it (I liked the reviewer that said aka eva longoria). I have gotten many many compliments when I wear this blush and I just got it this week. If I could keep only five blushes it would def be in the five. I think it could compliment nearly everyone--as exhibit A does if used correctly-much more than say orgasm that just didn't do it for me either-as another reviewer below has said. Stippled with a skunk it is more of a lighter "glow" suitable for pale complex and then lightly contour under the cheek bones. On darker complex it could give a very natural flush. I do like the stronger look on me even though I am a ppp.

on 11/6/2009 12:43:00 PM

RIS, beautiful blush! i apply this with my 187 and it gives me that contoured/ eva longoria look that ive always wanted to achieve, I have NC40 skin tone for reference. I definitely see what all the hype is about, it feel silky smooth! almost like a cream but it is not, It also has much better staying power and blend ability than my mac blushes which seem to disappear by night time, but this was still there perfectly placed and i have a tendency to touch my face throughout the day. This is the perfect blush @_@ so happy I finally have it

on 10/28/2009 7:07:00 PM

This blush is another Nars wonders. It's actually hard to describe depending on how much I layer on my face. If I stipple a thin layer, it gives some healthy brightness. If I layer more, it does have the dusty feel the way it look like in the pan, but not dirty looking. In fact it's probably one of the most demure, elegant color of Nars blushes, and probably more suitable for a wider variation of skin colors compared to Orgasm. Especially for those who doesn't like any shimmer on her face, this is it, because Dolce Vita is almost but not quite matte.

on 10/23/2009 12:49:00 AM

One light tap of Dolce Vita gives super cute rosy cheeks! I bought it on a whim as I really wanted to get a red blusher although I am really fair. Didn't regret my purchase at all (: It will last me a long long time as I don't use it everyday and use a minimal amount each time. Great with a simple nude+liquid lined winged eye and rose tinted lips!

on 10/17/2009 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I was looking for a blush that would give me a natrual flush color without any shimmer for when I wanted a more understated look. This wasn't my first choice but Sephora color choice was limited. I really love this blush. Althought dark in the pan its very natural on my NW45/47 skin. Definitly an everyday blush.

on 10/13/2009 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought Dolce Vita on a whim, and boy am I glad I did! This was quickly added to my HG blush list. I would call this color a warm, slightly brick, slightly dusty rose... if that makes sense. DV is VERY pigmented, which I love - a little goes a long way, and if applied correctly, it lasts all day. I find that the best way to apply blush is to buff it INTO your skin, not just sweep it across; that's exactly what I do with Dolce Vita. I lightly tap my brush into the blush and then blend blend blend it into the apples of my cheeks, slightly sweeping up the cheek bone. Since DV has no shimmer, it's the perfect complement to my bronzer of choice, the slightly-shimmer NARS Casino.

on 9/13/2009 11:19:00 PM

Pretty color, but I wouldn't call it dusty rose. It's a red berry that's pretty for a statement look. Unfortunately, it's a little too red & muddy on it's own for my coloring. Even when I apply it lightly, it doesn't look right. It also doesn't photograph well on me. I've used mine 3-4 times, and it just sits in my drawer, because I'm too lazy to "make it work". Too bad because I loved that it was a smooth, matte blush.

on 9/9/2009 12:57:00 PM

This is the perfect color for my skin tone. I use it with a stippling brush; since these blushes tend to be very pigmented. Once applied in the am; i typically don't have to retouch all day. Nars blushes are pricey at $25/ea; however well worth it because you def will not need to repurchase for some time!

on 8/27/2009 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I haven't stopped using this blush since I bought it. probably because it's expensive and i feel i should be getting the most out of it.

But it really does make me feel pretty. Because I am quite tan, I don't really register a natural blush. So it's a new experience to actually see color on my skin. But it's not only for my skin tone, my best friend is quite pale, and a light dusting of this AND blending it out of course made her seem so rosy.

i'm glad i bought this. and though expensive, i've noticed tha tyou really do get what you pay for. the fact that it's matte really really surprised me, and it's changed how i now put on make-up. shimmer sometimes, glow definitely. and this, yes does make me glow.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this color. I have darker skin and this color is still very wearable. Of course, like all NARS blushes, it is more expensive than most like to spend, but it is worth it.

Popular Blush Products