Nivea A Kiss of Flavor Cherry

3.8

Octyldodecanol, Microcrystalline Wax, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Castor Seed Oil, Cetyl Palmitate, Myristyl Myristate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, C20 40 Alkyl Stearate, Glycerin, Carnauba Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate, Jojoba Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Grape Seed Oil, Beeswax, Butyl Methoxydibenzoykmethane, Water, Fragrance, Neohesperidin Dihydrochalcone, Red 7 Lake, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Red 30 Lake

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this lip balm - I have very red lips and this colour complements them nicely. But it's sheer and not sticky at the same time. I adore the smell - smells like fruit Mentos!
I always keep one of these in my purse as a go-to lip balm.

on 1/27/2011 10:21:00 PM

This is alright as a balm; it's waxy and moderately moisturizing. But what I really like about it is the the color - it makes your lips look like you just ate a popsicle! It's something you'd wear with mascara and light foundation for a very natural look.

on 1/27/2011 9:34:00 AM

I LOVE this stuff...I have never been a girl to wear lip gloss, and always preferred lipsticks. I tend to get chapped lips in the winter too, so a tinted lip balm was perfect for me.

I'm not sure why so many people complain about the smell...I can barely smell it. It's no different to me than any standard cherry lip balm/chapstick out there. I also love the color...I'm a huge fan of red lips, and this looks totally natural. Plus, it makes my lips smooth, and stays on for a long time! During a day, I will probably reapply 3 or 4 times...which is totally normal for a chapstick, this just gives me some nice color, too.

on 1/23/2011 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't like pigment color. Too artificial...will not buy again

on 12/31/2010 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Like others have mentioned, this is not moisturizing. I like the color but Ithink the red tint it gives is a bit too intense but I do like the smell. All in all, it's okay, but I don't recommend it.

on 12/12/2010 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have tried a couple Nivea lip care products and use them up being satisfied. I consider this more of a tint than a real lip treatment. It isn't drying by any means but is not heavy in moisture, like their kiss of moisture treatments. On days that I have less than 10 mins to apply make up I will always use this. It's a pop of color on my lips and will (seriously) stay on my lips until I come home. For fair skins, like me, I definitely recommend this lip balm!

on 12/8/2010 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this lip balm! It's just moisturizing enough and it gives a lovely flush of color to my lips. I only wish it had SPF. Normally I'd take away a lippie because of that, but this stuff is so great for me I still give it a 5! The tart smell of cherry is another thing I just love about this lip balm. It leaves the same shade of tint on my lips as Benefit's benetint.

on 12/6/2010 6:45:00 PM

The should market this as a lip stain. It's NOT moisturizing at all but really adds a natural redish color to your lips. I will totally buy it again but I put it on and put a mat lip balm over it. I'm really fair with brown hair and it's a great color for me.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is actually my second tube in a few years. I bought it recently to fill an order online, and I remembered that it delivered on the kiss of red color.

However, as a balm, it is not very moisturizing at all. I would have to re-apply several times in an hour.

I also noticed that most of the color bleeds to the outline and just outside the outline of my lips, making me look like I badly applied lipliner.

I do like the hint of color that I get from this balm, but I will not repurchase because of the non-moisturizing factor.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Nice color - Looks purplish pink when swatched onto tissue paper but gives a sheer reddish tint to my lips, which I liked since I can only wear sheer lip colors. Also, it helped to brighten up my face a little.

It is not that moisturizing and there are other versions of Nivea Lip Care do this job better (hydrocare- light blue tube). It's still not that bad, you could just swipe it and get out of the house without even looking at the mirror.

Note: After scanning through the earlier reviews, I noticed that it seems to work better on girls who are cool-toned or have pigmented lips to begin with.

Popular Lip Treatments