January 25, 2015 | 1968 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Flavor Cherry

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by enotkatya1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't like pigment color. Too artificial...will not buy again

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by jawjuhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like others have mentioned, this is not moisturizing. I like the color but Ithink the red tint it gives is a bit too intense but I do like the smell. All in all, it's okay, but I don't recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by rubii00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have tried a couple Nivea lip care products and use them up being satisfied. I consider this more of a tint than a real lip treatment. It isn't drying by any means but is not heavy in moisture, like their kiss of moisture treatments. On days that I have less than 10 mins to apply make up I will always use this. It's a pop of color on my lips and will (seriously) stay on my lips until I come home. For fair skins, like me, I definitely recommend this lip balm!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by lupiechick77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lip balm! It's just moisturizing enough and it gives a lovely flush of color to my lips. I only wish it had SPF. Normally I'd take away a lippie because of that, but this stuff is so great for me I still give it a 5! The tart smell of cherry is another thing I just love about this lip balm. It leaves the same shade of tint on my lips as Benefit's benetint.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2010 6:45:00 PM More reviews by muffinlove

The should market this as a lip stain. It's NOT moisturizing at all but really adds a natural redish color to your lips. I will totally buy it again but I put it on and put a mat lip balm over it. I'm really fair with brown hair and it's a great color for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2010 11:03:00 PM More reviews by shedevil_angela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is actually my second tube in a few years. I bought it recently to fill an order online, and I remembered that it delivered on the kiss of red color.

However, as a balm, it is not very moisturizing at all. I would have to re-apply several times in an hour.

I also noticed that most of the color bleeds to the outline and just outside the outline of my lips, making me look like I badly applied lipliner.

I do like the hint of color that I get from this balm, but I will not repurchase because of the non-moisturizing factor.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2010 1:50:00 AM More reviews by nonsliptechnology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Nice color - Looks purplish pink when swatched onto tissue paper but gives a sheer reddish tint to my lips, which I liked since I can only wear sheer lip colors. Also, it helped to brighten up my face a little.

It is not that moisturizing and there are other versions of Nivea Lip Care do this job better (hydrocare- light blue tube). It's still not that bad, you could just swipe it and get out of the house without even looking at the mirror.

Note: After scanning through the earlier reviews, I noticed that it seems to work better on girls who are cool-toned or have pigmented lips to begin with.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2010 10:48:00 PM More reviews by GrayGrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Must have for my dry lips. I use it all day when i don't need lipstick. I love the sheer, red color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Mostly sheer. Gives cool pink/light red to the lips. (The color on the lips is just a bit cooler than the color of the tube, etc.) SPF. Feels good on. Yummy scent.

CONS: Awkward application of the product due to the size and shape of the product.

ALTERNATES: The "Strawberry" version of this is more neutral, so less pink and more of a red.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2010 6:56:00 PM More reviews by CreativeBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well..when they say a "kiss" of color, they really mean it. I use the Nivea "kiss of moisture" and I absolutely love it. It's super hydrating and it has a texture like no other balm I have ever tried. But this...this has only a fraction of the moisture the original balm has and although the color is a nice rosey glow for low maintenance lips, I'd have really been wowed if it could have been more like the original in its consistency and moisturizing ability.
It does have a nice flavor, and I rather like the color, I was just really expecting it to be the "kiss of moisture" with cherry flavor and tint. I had plans to use this as my emergency lip and cheek stain. I'm not sure now.