Bulgari Jasmin Noir

3.9

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I received a bottle of this scent as an early Christmas present. It is a lovely fragrance but also has absolutely no staying power so I will not be repurchasing it

I tried it today and I'm not sure if I want to buy this one or Chloe for Christmas.
I really, really loved Jasmin Noir, although the first five minutes it smelled nasty. It's a close to the skin smell, woody and very sensual as others have mentioned. It has NOTHING in common with the rest of the bvlgari femme line (rose essentielle, eau fraiche, voile de jasmine, etc) except the shape of the bottle. To me it is very very similar with Prada perfume (not eau tendre but the first one).

Unfortunately, as with Prada, it's a perfume for me alone: when I wear it, no one else seems to smell it but me, it becomes one with my skin. Well, I don't like the idea of paying for a perfume that much (75 euros for 50ml in greece) and having people think that I don't wear perfume at all (I am usually a fan of loud, heavy perfumes like Cinnabar, Samsara and most Poisons). Also, after 4 hours that I've been wearing it, it is almost completely gone. But then, I loved its fragrance so much, it's such a comfy, relaxing smell that I might be purchasing it after all!

Edited to add: After trying it again and again, I find it lasting on my skin for many hours, even if my hubby can't get a single whiff of it. I think I'm becoming addicted to it and I'll ask my mom to buy it for me (my hubby already bought me Chloe) after all!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Full disclosure... I'm a Bvlgari devotee... It's my favorite perfume house, and their scents tend to blend very well with my chemistry. So when I heard about Jasmin Noir, I needed very little coaxing to run out and buy a bottle. Well, got to be honest, at first spray, I was like "Huh? Is this really Bvlgari?" It's atypical for Bvlgari for sure. As is my habit when this happens with a perfume, I put the bottle up and decided to give it a try some other day. Well, that day was today... Having an evening wedding to attend earlier today, I decided to give Jasmin Noir a full blown test drive. I sprayed it, and reacted the same way as before, but something wonderful happened within 15 minutes of wearing it. Jasmin Noir morphed into a beautifully sensual aroma. A spicy floral that lies quietly and sort of close to the skin. Jasmin Noir was so beautiful, it got my husband's attention on the way to the wedding, and also 4 unsolicited comments at the table which we were seated for the wedding reception. Don't get me wrong, I wear fragrance for myself, not for complements. However, when I get unsolicited complements on a perfume that is "new" to my line-up, I take notice. All in all, it is now 8 hours after I sprayed it, and it is still lingering... softly on my skin. Perfume Love!! ...and 5 lippies...

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

To my nose and imagination it is the best of recent fragrance lounches. It is quiet, comforting and very mysterious. I can see, how many could find it "too little" to be noticed. Yet the subtle earthiness draws an understated depth to the creamy almond. A well blended composition that creates an invisible aura close to the skin. A very unorthodox Bulgari with a whisper of something sensuously noir. Intimate and precious. Like a chic damme with a secret life. I relish it very much.

I wanted to like this scent, I really do, but I just can't. The opening was nice, a fresh, green jasmin, but it quickly turned into something very harsh and almost stinky. It choked me actually. Is it because of the licorice? So sad that It doesn't work with my chemistry.
Updae: after about 2 hours, however, it did turned into a warm woody smell, which I like.

This fragrance smells amazing. I honestly think it's one of the best things I've ever smelt - it's such a sexy fragrance!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Oh my, what a lovely, sexy surprise. I have notorious trouble finding a perfume that won't turn on my skin. My signature fragrance has been Vivienne Westwood's Boudoir for years and years, but it is becoming very difficult to find. I also wear Lolita Lempicka well.
I wasn't interested in anything Jasmine because I think of Jasmine bathroom sprays or my grandmother, but I let them tempt me with this because it is Bulgari. THANK YOU NORDSTROM WE HAVE A WINNER!
This came on slightly green & smoky and went luscious, dark, oriental, woody and wonderful on my skin. I am not at all surprised to find many of you either hate it or find it does nothing on you - that is how Boudoir is for most. It seems to only really work on the small forlorn percent of us who can't wear Coco, Shalimar or any of the greats.
The ultimate test was my husband, of course. To date, Boudoir has been the only perfume that he has really loved on me. When I came home smelling of Jasmine Noir he went crazy for it.
It's all chemistry, I know. I love the reviews given where some of you can identify the notes and the process of the dry down. I am still working on figuring out which ingredient(s) it is that sours on me so bad in other perfumes.
On a side note - on my other wrist I had sampled Tom Ford's white patchouli. Holy god it was stinky foul on me. So tragic. I worship Tom Ford. Sigh.
Bulgari Jasmine Noir is my new love though. It really is dark, exotic, elegant and seductive.

Oh no.... What a disappointment. I love jasmine but this one smells EXACTLY like Old Spice... Is this fragrance Unisex?

How disappointing..........I'm sorry to have to post my first truly negative review. .I'm a fan of most Bulgari fragrances (especially pour Femme, Omnia, Blu Notte as beautiful, elegant, balanced, unique and generally wonderful smelling fragrances) so rushed to get this at Nordstrom's after reading a glowing review here. Oh, my goodness - it stinks! My husband wrinkled up his nose and said 'what were you thinking to buy that? and what were they thinking to actually make it?'. I really found no redeeming qualities. At best i can say it is an unpleasant version of NR.

I hate to be the first here to give relatively low rating but I am not impressed with this fragrance at all.
It almost has not smell on my skin for the first couple of minutes. After that, just the slight woody note developes and the scent becomes gloomy, dark and melancholic. Yes, it is close to the skin, a "quiet" fragrance, like most of the reviewers have already said...but it is not sensuous or gentle or warm, as I expected. It reminds me of a dark wood during the wet, cold, gloomy night... Somehow sorrowful really.
My husband described it as a "rotten wood on a metallic ground" (he always makes weird fragrance descriptions)... My opinion is that it lacks a "sparkle" which I always like in fragrances. It is just simply woody-earthy, linear, gloomy, melancholic and for me definitely rather boring.

Popular Fragrances