November 27, 2014 | 1166 users online

Skincare - Body - Mr. Pumice - Pumi Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 3:43:00 AM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

mr. pumi is the ish, but here is the key--you MUST get the one that is lavender one side, and dark purple on the other side (in my experience, anyway, and i've had several mr. pumis, including plain ones, and ones that come with a plastic handle.) this enables you to get both the coarse grit and the fine grit, like you'll get at a salon.

here's the second part: while you're at sally's, also pick up blue cross cuticle remover (it will be on the bottom shelf, in a very non-descript bottle, about $5.99 for a very large container.) apply this all over your feet while you're in the shower or in the tub, concentrating on your cuticles and calloused areas. then start up the water, and use your mr. pumi to start removing the skin on your feet. wash the blue cross off with soap and water, and voila! a salon pedi, for mere pennies.

blue cross cuticle remover is also awesome on your hands; just use a q-tip to apply to the cuticles around nails, let it sit for about 30-60 seconds (depending on thickness of cuticles,) push back with an orangewood stick, and wash off with soap and water. no joke, both of these products are bargains. HG HG HG.

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 3:22:00 AM More reviews by karen1245

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I should point out there the Purple Bar in the images if the Mr. Pumi Extra Coarse Bar ($2.39 USD). And thereís the regular Mr. Pumi Bar ($1.69 USD). I noticed that when I get pedicures that the nail technician would use a rectangular pumice bar and I thought it was the most amazing thing on Earth. Luckily, they had Mr. Pumi at the Sally Beauty Supply store! I use the Mr. Pumi Bar on a daily basis as I love to wear sandals and flip-flops. (This will be gross but whatever, but itís really satisfying to see the dead skin you scrubbed off on the pumice stone! You know it working!) Itís a great buy for such a low price. In case you have calluses or require more heavy-duty work, consider using the Extra Coarse bar instead. I use the pumice stone on my boyfriendís feet and it works wonders! He has major calluses and that helped to remove most of them provided they were being maintained.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by lovinlife727

If you want soft feet, this is a great product for you! I use it at the end of my shower with some moisturizing soap. It has made a huge difference in the smoothness of my feet.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by 73steph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got one of these babies the other day after seeing MUA's facebook post on this item. Best pumice stone/bar ever! I got the purple also and followed the directions on the pkg. It didn't seem like it was doing a whole lot, but when I dried off I could tell this makes a BIG difference. I will no longer use my cheese-grater file, going to order a bunch of these!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by mmhilla

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just like the review below, I have also only purchased the extra course pumice bar. It really works wonders for your callouses and for the skin around your toes. I use after showering, when my feet are softened. I stay in the shower to rinse off as this bar breaks down with use much faster than traditional pumice bars. But it works well and cost only around $2.50 from Sally Beauty Supply.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by busybaker1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

There are two versions of the Mr. Pumice Pumi Bar: REGULAR and EXTRA-COARSE.

If you're looking for true exfoliation of dry heels, calluses, etc. don't waste your time with the Regular bar, its too weak to do the job--go straight to the Extra-Coarse bar. It easily removes dried skin with less effort and no discomfort whatsoever. I use it once weekly and it keeps my feet well groomed all year round. continued >>

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Wendy1954

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product awhile ago, used it but never reviewed it. I do not agree with the other reviews. Although this has enough pumice to help with dry feet, not enough for callused, cracking heels. I also didn't like how much it shed pieces. The price was right but I wanted more. I got that when I went to a Dr Scholl's product. See that review.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Sharon51

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Wow!!! This pumice bar works the best that I have ever used. My heels were so dry and cracked it pathetic. I have used this about 3 times in the last week and my heels are starting to be soft again. I also use the Flexitol heel balm, which is another great product.
I will continue using this combo. Great product!! great price!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by sierray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After seeing the great reviews on MUA I walked over to my local Sally's and picked one up for $2.50 Canadian.

My feet are disgusting, I'm so embarrassed that I never take off my socks. I frequently spend half an hour on each foot with files to try and get rid of the calluses to no avail.

I spent five minutes on each foot in the shower and my feet are practically perfect. I can't wait to use this daily so I won't have to do such a long scrub.

I would recommend this to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by christi4200

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used Mr. Pumice for years and years! It is awesome at making my feet exceptionally smooth!! They use something just like it on ur feet when u get a pedicure. Love this!! They last a long time.