August 23, 2014 | 1780 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by AbigailMcCallen

Hands down, this is one of the best drugstore mascaras.

PROS: great volume and length, very natural looking, easy and quick to apply, nice applicator, and great price.

CONS: when I first put it on it has a very strong smell and by the end of the day I always have mascara "crumbs" under my eyes.

Overall, I would definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by britbratg

Gives good length and volume definitely, but can cake up and thicken tooo much sometimes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

This has easily become one of my favorite drug store mascaras! Mascara is one of the beauty items I will almost always splurge on, but during a drug store haul I decided to try this one and fell in love with it! I used it to alternate with Mary Kay Lash Love. I found MK to be more of a natural, every day look. This product is a lot more full, providing much more volume. Typically, this is the sort of look I prefer, especially for a nighttime look. I found it to be very volumizing, buildable, lengthening, and yet lightweight. The brush itself is a bit big, so I would make more errors with this but that is easily fixable (once it dries, mascara flakes off with a Q-tip...stop rubbing it off when it's still wet, ladies!).
Anyway, I will definitely be repurchasing this mascara when I run out of all my GWPs I have hanging around. Great formula, love this out of all the drug store mascaras out there!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by celticcavegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

How many tubes of this mascara have I bought? I don't know, because I've lost track!! I've been using this for years and always regret when I stray

I use the 'carbon black' version of this which comes in a yellow and black tube. IMO it's the best of this range

Pros: very very volumising, easily buildable, no clumps, great price
Cons: none really. Don't get such a good result on the corner lashes as I do with my lancome mascara that has a conical brush - however this product is half the price and I don't have to wait a month for it to dry out and become usable!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 2:35:00 AM More reviews by cynx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really short eyelashes so this deft does wonders for me at least. I previously tried the mega plush, only I noticed the difference. It does clump after one coat which is unfortunate but I'm still using it !

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Bryony

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've repurchased this several times because I like it so much. Not crazy about the yellow tube but I overlook that and the faint scent of this formula because my lashes look so great, my eyes never get irritated by the end of the day, and it washes off easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by muysie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara was ok. I hated it at first because it made my lashes clump into three awkward spires. This got better with time but I still prefer my Revlon charlie megawink, even though its smugding is pretty horrific- at least it separates ans volumises and somehow doesnt give you spider lashes even though mine almost look that way naturally! The maybelline was ok at staying on long with a tiny bit of flaking. Don't get the hype with maybelline mascaras since this is the only one I've found that's bearable. That said I haven't tried full and soft yet.Oh and it made my eyes burn a bit :O. I said I would buy it again because it has been the best so far at not smudging. But I have a new photoready 3D volume that might replace it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Bergalishous

Love it only negative thing about it is that it flakes , all In all though a great mascara for the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Elf12

I have a love/hate relationship with this mascara. For me I find sometimes it can do wonders and make my lashes look amazing, but other times, it becomes clunky and horrible. I find I have to sit there for a while to make it work. But in saying that, if you get it right, it can look really good.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by naturallyginger17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this mascara. I bought it for the first time maybe 4 months ago and have bought it a second time since. I find that though it does flake a little bit, its not nearly as bad or noticeable as some of the other mascaras that I have tried and all you have to do to control this is wipe under your eye every 2/3 hours. Unfortunately it doesn't hold a curl but I think my eyelashes just suck because they barely hold a curl when they are bare. The way that i use this is I take the brush out and squish it with tissue, getting rid of basically all excess formula and then let it dry up for about 5-8 seconds. I then apply it with wiggly strokes to help separate. I usually only need 1-2 coats when doing this and it keeps my lashes from clumping and looks quite nice and feathery. The brush is pretty good, just a little large to really get into the roots of the lashes. I notice that it picks up that annoying 'dollop' of extra mascara on the end that you should wipe off if you don't want your inner lashed to get too much product and look really weird.
It comes off relatively easily but it still kind off makes the skin around my eyes darken.
A very good mascara from Maybelline and I would definitely recommend this to my friends and anyone who can't afford expensive stuff but still wants good results.