August 23, 2014 | 1010 users online

Palettes - Kat Von D - Ludwig Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2009 12:08:00 PM More reviews by intercitykitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I never have high hopes when it comes to celebrity/realitystar lines of makeup... but Kat Von D has surprised me!

The shadows are smooth and gorgeous.
Well pigmented and blend easily (just don't bother using the brushes it comes with... they are useless, throw them out).
The colours all compliment each other well and you can do a ton of looks from just this one palette.
The black and the highlighter shade are great and make doing your makeup a breeze because you don't have to worry about having to use other products with this palette.
It's all in one! (which also makes it great to travel with)

The colours are stunning.
The browns, coppers and greens are great for day and night.
I like how they are somewhat muted colour, but still have high impact.
Gorgeous for all seasons. The greens and browns are great for fall, the greens for spring and summer and the browns are nice ans shimmery for winter. They really warm up your skin!

The package is pretty and easy to travel with.
I took this palette with me in the fall to europe and was able to do a different look every night and had a nice neutral look for days without having to haul my entire makeup stash with me.

Pleasantly surprised!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Sabi18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS!! I use this palette almost everyday!! When I use this palette, people always notice and compliment me on how pretty my eyes look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2009 3:28:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my first purchase from this line and I am impressed! I love this palette. It has neutrals in it mostly but also has matte black and dark brown to create some darker, smokey looks. I am not a huge eyeshadow person but lately I have been trying to experiment (with hit and miss success!). I am a huge MAC junkie however this palette just caught my eye. I actually can and do use every single shadow in this ~ which makes this purchase worth it. The greens are so perfect - and will be great for spring! Great pigmentation, great staying power with a primer. This would also be a great palette for ladies who travel. You can create a myriad of looks with it, from day to evening. Definite repurchase! I would love to try her other palettes as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2009 2:21:00 PM More reviews by robinb63

LOVE THIS PALETTE!!! Is def my "go to" for dozens of diff looks. I get compliments every time I wear the green shadows. My eyes are green and the golden-y green shadows enhance them beautifully. Love the matte black shadow and matte brown shadows. I use them as shadows or as liners. The palette is pigmented nicely and last all day. As far as product is concerned, it's the best, but I only wish her palettes were a touch cheaper....I would own them all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2009 12:50:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love the colors chosen here, very complimentary to my blue-green hazel eyes. And of course, the packaging is beautiful as well!

I know that the next time on go on a trip, this palette will be a necessity create to maxium number of day or night looks with the least amount of products in my makeup bag.

All but the black I found to be very easy to blend and true to the color in the pan. They all stay on even without primer. The black seemed a bit chalky to me and not dark enough. That is why I'm deducting one lippie but otherwise this is a wonderful palette and I will be buying more!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by xlipstickandbruisesx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was my first Kat Von D palette and I was more than impressed. The eyeshadows are highly pigmented and apply very well. This particular palette is very versatile and can be used to create a simple day look all the way to a dramatic evening look. Greens are my favorite so that was a plus as well. If I ever used up this palette I would repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by ballard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this eye shadow. It stays on all day/night and has a ton of pigment in it. I like the thin compact and all the colors are beautiful. I can't wait to try more of her combinations.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by meganmomoney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my 4th Kat Von D palette and I love them all so much. I have beethoven, true love, the 500 point beauty insider palette, and this one of course. This palette is great for everyone because it has browns, greens, golds, and blacks. It has a variety of shimmery, satiny, and matte finishes. Although most of the colors are brownish, I would not consider them neutrals because they are so versatile and intense. You can create so many looks with this palette alone. You can go from day to night, subtle to smokey, and neutral to colorful, depending on the look you're going for. The greens are so gorgeous. Lucifer, the matte black is a universal color that everyone needs to darken up a look and make a smokey eye. The light green is so gorgeous and shimmery and looks great all over the lid. The darker olive green shade works great in the crease or as an eyeliner smudged on the upper and lower lashline. The pale, shimmery gold shade makes a beautiful highlight color for the brow bone and inner corners of the eyes. The light beige shade looks great all over the lid for a natural, bright-eyed look. The medium beige color looks great all over the lid too. The darker coppery bronze color is very shimmery and gorgeous. It really makes the eye color pop and looks great in the crease, as a liner, or all over the lid. The dark matte chocolate brown shade looks great in the crease or as a liner for the upper and lower lashline. The wonderful thing about the browns in this palette is that they are universally flattering for all skintones and eye colors. I love Kat Von D eyeshadows because they are highly pigmented, long lasting, and have a very blendable and easy to work with texture. The palettes are such an amazing value since you get 8 large sized eyeshadows for only $34, which is such a steal, especially considering what great quality they are. The compact is very adorable with a white rose design and it comes with a large, convenient mirror that is perfect for applying eye makeup on the go. It also comes with two eyeshadow brush applicators, although I would not recommend using them. Overall, this is a great palette and I think there is something everyone will enjoy in this palette.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by brandi14307

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I got this palette in a swap thinking that i would not like it very much but i wanted to try it anyway. So I tried it a few days ago and i love how pigmented it is and the staying power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2009 8:55:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely love this palette!!!
It contains 8 colours; six shimmeries (greens and neutrals) and two mattes (black and brown). All are well pigmented and blendable. All have a smooth fine texture with no chalkiness or grittiness. This palette is very versatile and easy to use by mixing and matching the colours.
The packaging is modern and sleek. The mirror inside can actually be used and is the same length as the case. It contains two brushes, both I find useless as they are too tiny.