October 22, 2014 | 1880 users online

Sunscreen - Biore - UV Perfect Face Milk SPF 50+ PA+++ [REFORMULATED 2014]

See http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=174845/UV-Perfect-Face-Milk-SPF-50+-PA++++-%28New-2014%29/Biore/Sunscreen for the reformulated version of this product as of spring 2014

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by mybb

I bought the pink one to try. As it contains acohol , my cheeks felt tight few hours after application. It has good oil control on my oily t-zone thou. But after a few days of application, i have break out on my cheeks. Won't use it again

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by hiddencat2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this as a replacement for Sofina Lucent and of all the replacements I tried liked this one the best. Minimal white cast, matte finish, feels light, and really absorbs excess oil well, keeps me from flushing. I wear a moisturizer underneath it especially around my cheeks and mouth because it can be drying.

Have repurchased and will continue to do so. I like ichibankao for ordering, and usually get 3-4 bottles at a time. It's easy to use the full 1/4 tsp although I usually just guesstimate the amount I apply.

Definitely needs an oil of some sort to remove (I use albolene or a cleansing oil). I think it's a good replacement for the sofina.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i started using this a little less than a year ago, when i became determined to be freckle-free. there would be no point in fading the freckles i already had if i wasnt going to wear sunscreen!

i buy this from ichibankao.com, and at current market levels, the 1300 yen is equal to about 15 USD(and this price includes shipping!), so i gave it a 3 for price. having said that, its been almost a year of regular use and i'm still on the same "bottle". i only go out maybe 3 times a week or so though, and i dont wear ss when just sitting around the house.

sometimes i wear makeup and sometimes i dont, and i find that this works great both ways to leave me shine free. it doesnt ball up under my foundation (liquid, creme, OR powder), and goes on feeling very light. this can take the place of a primer, although i still like to used one just to get a really smooth finish.

it's spf 50 and protects from UVA AND UVB, so its perfect! making it even MORE perfect is that with the Zinc Oxide 12.0%, its a physical ss, so it wont break down in sunlight, and i wont have to reapply throughout the day to be protected :)

also, i have acne prone skin thats sensitive since i'm using AHAs, BHAs Retin-A, AND TAZ, and this doesnt cause me any irritation or breakouts! yay! when i run out i'll definately be repurchasing! so glad MUA rec'd me this!

update: i'm about to run out of this (nooooo!!!!), so i figured i'd give an update :) as of now i use an AHA and BHA on a daily basis, along with a mild cleanser 2x a day, and a bit of manual exfoliation in the shower. even with all that exfoliation going on, the alcohol in this still doenst dry my skin out. it has never given me breakouts (although i know that what causes breakouts for some may not for another). I have not burned or even gotten any color a single time when using this, and it keeps my skin (foundation included) looking matte all day (which in my case is about 9 hours since i've recently gone back to work). in short, i'm still very happy with this.

i looked around at some other websites to buy from, but ichibankao.com still has the best prices, when you consider that their prices include shipping charges. i rebout this a few days ago and am waiting on delivery. i also purchased another Biore ss, one that is supposed to be "whitening" as well.

21 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by bratalier

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Just got this in a package from Hong Kong (cheers to BoBoDave and their most excellent customer service!), and am glad to say it will be part of my summer arsenal here in the deep south. I used Sofina Perfect UV Lucent until it was discontinued. This feels VERY close to the Sofina, and I love it for long summer weekends outside. I am also trying Fancl Sunguard 30 for everyday facial use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by GeekChick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was searching for a replacement for my discontinued HG, Sofina Lucent, and I think this is it! (This would also make a good replacement for Shiseido SPF 55 Lotion, except Shiseido had a lot more fragrance.) This sunscreen has a very watery texture, and dries almost instantly to a matte, almost powdery finish. I hardly have to wait any time at all before applying my mineral makeup! It's also very mattifying for my super oily skin -- while nothing keeps me matte all day, this sunscreen (and Sofina) keeps me matte longer than anything else I've tried! You will need an oil cleanser to thoroughly remove it, but it's worth it for the mattifying power. It also has no noticeable scent, which is great since I'm allergic to many fragrances! It has not broken me out so far (I've used it for at least a week now), and it does not irritate my skin at all (some sunscreens sting when I apply them). I encourage anyone with oily skin to give this a try!

UPDATE: My acne seems to have improved since switching from Sofina to this sunscreen. Coincidence? I also switched foundations (from one mineral brand to another) at about the same time so I'm not sure...

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2011 7:54:00 AM More reviews by savennia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like the mat texture of this product when I put it on my face, it's very light and the feeling is good. Anyway, I won't buy this again because it makes my skin unstable, maybe because of the alcohol. And it's very hard to remove.
    Pros: cheap, nice texture, easy to apply, high spf
    Cons: not suitable for my skin
    Now I'm switching to organic/natural brands

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2010 3:04:00 AM More reviews by momo88

before this, i thought every sunscreen lotion is sticky, greasy, has a strong smell and make you shine all the time. i was wrong! a little bit of this product is enough to cover the whole face, and it turns soft/powdery upon application. it does feel a little drying, but putting this on top of my lotion+moisturiser evens things up so its ok. it stays matte, and is a great makeup base. i was thinking whether to get an all-in-one bb or a sunscreen lotion, but i realized bb creams cannot replace a proper sunscreen lotion in terms of protection for your skin from the harsh sun rays

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by alezcia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for 3 years and still loving it. Since I stay in a hot and humid weather country, it's help to control the oiliness around my T-Zone areas. What I like most is that it's blend easily and gives me that matte feeling on my faces. Definitely a good buy and its affordable.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by supeng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

l've lost count on how many bottles I've used. I use the white version btw, and I'm extremely pleased with the oil control. It's CRAZY, it kept my oils on my face at bay for more than 6 hours. Your face feels so smooth as well... But these days my skin esp my cheeks area became very dry because of the med and retinoids my doc prescribed me. Thus, when I use this,my skin around the mouth flakes like crazy if I don't put on enough moisturizer. I'm not sure if I will re purchase, since my T-zone is still oily and this sunscreen has served me well long enough. Maybe I will check out the blue version.Overall, it's a great sunscreen for oil slicks and I actually didn't smell the alcohol content when I'm applying but it IS difficult to get this off, so double cleanse after the day. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Skin type: very Oily/acne prone skin.

OMG! I have finally found a suncreen that makes my make up stay so much longer!! I mean, i've tried neutrogena ultra dry touch sunscreen with spf 50++ after reading rave reviews and my was i disappointed! my make up slid off my face in 2 hours...but this, made my make up stay the whole day, and i'm shine free! i dont even need to blot...and best of all its cheap!

Pros:
    -cheap, at least where i'm at, this could be pricier if its not sold locally. Ebay do have them though
    -controls oil really8x well, i mean i have super oily face, after half hour of washing my face, my face is already oiling up..but this really made my make up stay so much longer!!
    -works as a primer...I use this both as a primer and a sunscreen, so this is my last step before i put on my foundation.
    -doesnt break me out.
    -I have finished like maybe 8-9 bottles of these, been using this for quite sometime. It's really great.
    -It has a runny texture and once applied and blended in, it smooths to a powdery finish.
    -doesnt leave a whitish cast after fully blended

cons:
    -none!!

this is my HG sunscreen...try it...worth every penny