September 1, 2014 | 2067 users online

Sunscreen - Biore - UV Perfect Face Milk SPF 50+

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 3:33:00 AM More reviews by dopalives

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm loving this sunscreen as a PRIMER. Controls oil, dries down to a soft matte finish. My foundation applies beautifully over it, no matter which one I use. I have oily skin and I'm finding I only have to blot once a day. I like this as a primer even more than Murad Oil Control mattifier. I will definitely repurchase. Find it on ebay, bobodave.com, or other asian beauty sites. Love this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Overload

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a lightweight fluid-like sunscreen that gives (me) a powdery finish and makes my skin extremely matte.

I have combination/oily skin with a oily t-zone and every sunscreen that I have used made my t-zone look even more oily. This just makes it matte and gives my face a great finish. It does take some time to get used to this, because I feel sometimes my face looks very "made up" (like I put on foundation in stead of sunscreen) but I still think that this finish is better than the usual greasy finish that sunscreens give me (and I have tried A LOT and they always look extremely greasy on my already oily skin).

The white cast seemed minimal at first, but I have now noticed that I have to really rub it in and "spread" the sunscreen very well (if that makes sense) to avoid patches of white cast. Besides that, you can hardly see a white cast.

I have mainly used European sunscreens and on my dark skin (NC40 - NC45) they always leave a huge white shine/cast. Even though you have to blend in the sunscreen extremely well, I am really happy there is no real noticiable cast (especially in comparison with European sunscreen).

The only con for me is al the alcohol. It hasn't broken me out (yet) but every time I put it on I smell this insane amount of alcohol that just cannot be good for your skin. So I am going to continue using this product and give my skin some extra care/moisture because it will probably need it.

Another con (though not really a problem for me) is the size of the bottle. TINY! I'm guessing this will last me a month, tops, with daily use. Eventually this will cost me a lot if I'm going to use this daily (I got it at 18 $ at Bobodave.com). Still, I think I will be repurchasing, especially for the summer months (april - september).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by cdputman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product arrives in the mail from Japan looking like a doll sized product. I was shocked about how LITTLE you get. But, I don't care. I have very fair and very oily skin. I have been slathering it on with SPF every day since I was 16. Even though, it means by 12 noon I have used three blot films, I always thought I had to suffer with oily residue and greasy skin just to protect it from the sun. And, if it meant no wrinkles, then I was determined, if not happy, to do it. Then I found this.
Firstly, I don't know what people are talking about by this being hard to remove. If you wash your face, at all, like you ought, then this, like anything else, comes off. Second, its a true matte finish. Which for an SPF of 50 is like an oxymoronic miracle. My makeup went on a little bit powdery, but rather than deal with an oil slick in 2 hours, I didn't care. Plus, in 2 hours, this left my skin looking normal - not greasy, not cakey, just lovely. This product makes it possible to protect your skin, without sacrificing beautiful, oil free skin and I am sooooooo glad I found it!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by barbiH

My skin does NOT like this sunscreen. Granted, my skin's SD-prone and fussy but Sofina Lucent has worked beautifully for a couple of yrs. Several other Sofina Lucent lovers have successfully switched over to this one, so I felt I needed to give it a shot. Granted, I was a little concerned about the cyclopentasiloxane which usually gives me problems. But I thought it was worth a try. Well....at least now I know. This Biore is even more matte than the Sofina....if that's possible. So I can see why those with really oily skin love it. It completely sucks out any moisture from one's skin. The finish is a definite dry matte, not a pretty satin matte like the discontinued Sofina. To sum it up....I didn't have any horrible breakouts. My skin just looked faintly rashy and unhappy, not a pretty look. The search continues....

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love that I can finally use an ss that isn't shiny! I have *extremely* oily skin and I have to blot about every two hours because of it. Every other ss I'd try would just enhance the oily look to my skin and make me oily quicker! Also, I tan very, very quickly and because my face gets more exposure to the sun than the rest of me, my face is darker than my body so hopefully this will stop my face from tanning too much and maybe spots of hyperpigmentation will even out over time.

This really seems like face milk because it does look like milk! It's white with a very thin consistency and it absorbs instantly so you're not there for ages grinding it into your skin. It also dries to a matte, almost powdery finish (thankfully!). It does need removing with mu remover though. I've heard an oil based one works well but I just use a regular one and it's fine. Not sure about this one in flash photography though.

Also, since using this ss my skin has started to actually look ok, even though I have some remaining acne scars. It seems to look clearer. So maybe the sunlight was aiding breakouts, who knows? I'm happy that I can now actually wear an ss that works for me :) thanks for Laceyh for the rec!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2011 11:02:00 AM More reviews by kiraty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this after reading all of the reviews on here - thanks girls!!! I bought mine from Amazon, and paid $15 which seems average. I tried it for the first time yesterday and it really helped my oily skin! I still got shiny, but when I blotted I was MATTE. That has NEVER happened! I'm very happy because as any oily skinned person knows, sunscreen and oily skin is a terrible combination. It smells a little suncreen-y but not in an overpowering way. I haven't been out in the sun long enough to actually comment on that so I'll have to update. So far my only complaints are that it only comes in an ounce and it isn't sold in the US. I'll take another poster's advice and order a few at a time next time!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by mybb

I bought the pink one to try. As it contains acohol , my cheeks felt tight few hours after application. It has good oil control on my oily t-zone thou. But after a few days of application, i have break out on my cheeks. Won't use it again

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by hiddencat2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this as a replacement for Sofina Lucent and of all the replacements I tried liked this one the best. Minimal white cast, matte finish, feels light, and really absorbs excess oil well, keeps me from flushing. I wear a moisturizer underneath it especially around my cheeks and mouth because it can be drying.

Have repurchased and will continue to do so. I like ichibankao for ordering, and usually get 3-4 bottles at a time. It's easy to use the full 1/4 tsp although I usually just guesstimate the amount I apply.

Definitely needs an oil of some sort to remove (I use albolene or a cleansing oil). I think it's a good replacement for the sofina.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i started using this a little less than a year ago, when i became determined to be freckle-free. there would be no point in fading the freckles i already had if i wasnt going to wear sunscreen!

i buy this from ichibankao.com, and at current market levels, the 1300 yen is equal to about 15 USD(and this price includes shipping!), so i gave it a 3 for price. having said that, its been almost a year of regular use and i'm still on the same "bottle". i only go out maybe 3 times a week or so though, and i dont wear ss when just sitting around the house.

sometimes i wear makeup and sometimes i dont, and i find that this works great both ways to leave me shine free. it doesnt ball up under my foundation (liquid, creme, OR powder), and goes on feeling very light. this can take the place of a primer, although i still like to used one just to get a really smooth finish.

it's spf 50 and protects from UVA AND UVB, so its perfect! making it even MORE perfect is that with the Zinc Oxide 12.0%, its a physical ss, so it wont break down in sunlight, and i wont have to reapply throughout the day to be protected :)

also, i have acne prone skin thats sensitive since i'm using AHAs, BHAs Retin-A, AND TAZ, and this doesnt cause me any irritation or breakouts! yay! when i run out i'll definately be repurchasing! so glad MUA rec'd me this!

update: i'm about to run out of this (nooooo!!!!), so i figured i'd give an update :) as of now i use an AHA and BHA on a daily basis, along with a mild cleanser 2x a day, and a bit of manual exfoliation in the shower. even with all that exfoliation going on, the alcohol in this still doenst dry my skin out. it has never given me breakouts (although i know that what causes breakouts for some may not for another). I have not burned or even gotten any color a single time when using this, and it keeps my skin (foundation included) looking matte all day (which in my case is about 9 hours since i've recently gone back to work). in short, i'm still very happy with this.

i looked around at some other websites to buy from, but ichibankao.com still has the best prices, when you consider that their prices include shipping charges. i rebout this a few days ago and am waiting on delivery. i also purchased another Biore ss, one that is supposed to be "whitening" as well.

21 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by bratalier

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Just got this in a package from Hong Kong (cheers to BoBoDave and their most excellent customer service!), and am glad to say it will be part of my summer arsenal here in the deep south. I used Sofina Perfect UV Lucent until it was discontinued. This feels VERY close to the Sofina, and I love it for long summer weekends outside. I am also trying Fancl Sunguard 30 for everyday facial use.