October 20, 2014 | 1920 users online

Moisturizers - Avocado Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by antelopeomg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great facial moisturizer, but for me it really shines (pun intended) as a hair mask. I normally have pretty heat-ravaged over-straightened hair, and no HE or DS conditioning treatment has really been able to provide an effective solution... who would have guessed that the solution actually lay in the kitchen cupboard. I just soaked my entire head in avocado oil, with some castor oil mixed in for variety's sake, and pulled a shower cap and then a warm hat on. I assume the heat from wearing a hat on top makes the oil more effective, but that may just be my imagination. After keeping it on for a couple of hours, I washed it off, and I was floored. My hair no longer had those ridiculously annoying post-straightening flyaways (the kind that stick straight up out of the part of the hair), and the ends were as silky soft as the roots. The best part was how indescribably soft and shiny my hair was... I don't think I'll ever buy a deep-conditioning mask again. I have AuraCacia avocado oil, and the packaging is much more convenient than other brands of oil I've bought, since the desired amount of oil can be squeezed out with no spillage. In summary, this is amazing. Try it. I think I'll be doing this once a week for the rest of my life.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 2:06:00 PM More reviews by qdeez21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Avacado oil is great!! Winter time:I use it to moisturize my face at night and to sometimes take off my make up....this is so gooood if you have really dry skin and it never broke me out. You will wake up in the mornig with soft, smooth, moisturized skin. I also use this in my hair when its feeling a little dry (mostly on the ends). Between this oil and evoo its a toss up! Love them both.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2010 12:25:00 AM More reviews by NFerguson

I love the way this feels on my skin! It seems to have a different consistency than other natural oils and sinks in my skin. I read many good reviews about jojoba oil and was very disappointed that it made my eyes water when used on my face or hands. So I was thrilled that not only am I able to use avocado oil but it really does hydrate my skin without clogging pores or making me cry.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by klaiyr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

After some recommendations from my naturopath to slather on more essential oils, I decided to give avocado oil a try. For the record, I am no stranger to oils. I use EVOO to help take off MU, I also use it in my hair. Coconut Oil (expeller pressed natural) to moisturize at night before I layer on other lotions/serums on top, I also use it for my eyelashes and it makes 'em stronger and longer, I use it to take off my mascara too. Jojoba oil I use mostly in my hair after a shower and it works really well to tame the frizzies and keep it soft.

Avocado oil is definitely a keeper! I used it yesterday after a shower on my face and OMG my face was soooo soft. I also used some on my hair when it was still wet and it worked really really well to tame frizzies and make it shiny (which Jojoba oil does not). I think I will be using it more often and keeping it in the rotation of all the oils I have.

I bought mine from ebay for like $11 w/ shipping for a 12oz bottle. I transferred it in to a pump bottle. Perfect! I love avocado oil!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by GoodGala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Avocado Oil is, like many pure oils, a health potion! It's cheap, 100% natural and contains vitamins A, D and E, lecithin, as well as potassium and bet-carotene! What is there not to like? It can also greatly help relieve the dryness and itching of psoriasis and eczema and very very dry skin, making it ideal for mature skins.

I personally, use it only when my skin is particularly dry, but what I do on a weekly basis is heat some avocado oil and that massage into my scalp and down my hair, wrap in cling film and leave it overnight and than wash off the following morning. Is it worth the hassle?
HELL YEAH!
As long as you use consinuasly, you will see results.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I use this as a night moisturizer, and my skin is soft and moist all the time. When my skin gets drier, it even works under make-up! (a very thin layer under my Skin Smoothing Cream) And as the price is so good, I use it as a neck moisturizer. Anyone with dry skin has got to get this. It's only one ingredient so it's very safe even for sensitive skin. It doesn't smell much and even if it's slightly coloured (not artificially!) it doesn't show on the skin. It just moisturizes dry skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by scarlettbegonia

I am in total love with avocado oil as a night moisturizer! This stuff has transformed my skin. It stays so clear and soft. Winter weather is a nightmare on my skin usually, but thanks to this oil, my skin has never looked better. I highly recommend this. Naturally, it feels oily when you first put it on but when it sinks in...well it's wonderful. I always touch my face in the morning because it is so so so smooth and clear! Magical!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2009 1:31:00 PM More reviews by marbief

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I switched to avocado after I was breaking out more and more from evil coconut oil. Coconut oil sucks! All that hype, and all it did was totally destroy my skin. On the last day I used it I had EIGHT ZITS, and they HURT like hell. I had to pry out the hard plugs with a PIN and use cortisone to soothe my skin. When I finally did my research and found out that coconut oil is clogging, I switched to avocado oil, based on reviews here. A few months later and I'm getting very few zits, and they don't linger, and they don't have hard plugs or itch. My skin looks really nice and is a nice healthy color. I don't use one drop like other people - I guess my skin is too dry for that. I need a good bit more than a drop to moisturize my whole face. Then I put on a 100% aloe vera gel that it took me forever to find (all the aloe veras I could find had other crap in them), and my face is perfectly slightly moist and feels totally calm for a change. I'm using Aura Cacia avocado oil, whose packaging I hate - I can't control the amount, it just squirts out in this unpredictable way. But I sent away online for unrefined avocado oil, which I read contains a lot more of the beneficial stuff; also it's a bit thicker, supposedly, and a nice exotic green color ;-) Will update after I receive that and see how it works. (P.S. I wish someone could tell me why olive oil is clogging because of its high oleic acid content, but avocado is not, with a similar if not higher oleic acid content.)
UPDATE: The unrefined avocado oil is fantastic; a beautiful green, and thicker than the refined. I'm now making my own pure avocado oil soap (no other oils) - it makes an incredible soap, very creamy and thick and soft and leaves my face feelings calm and not dry like other soaps.

20 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Veena

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this oil. I put it in my lotion for an extra boost, I use it to remove my eyemakeup and I even put it in my face moisturizer. I like the way it makes my skin look.
I bought it from super target cooking oil isle.(Olivado Extra Virgin Avocado Oil).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Henwen29

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I read these reviews and thought "How could a thick greasy oil improve breakouts, and not cause them?"
I am 58 yrs old and was getting breakouts in certain areas of my face and couldn't figure out where they were coming from as my skin was clear the weeks before, noting the areas where the breakouts were, I figured out it was from Lancome's Effacernes which was where I had put the concealer. My face was also getting dehydrated, and found out my powder foundation was too matifying with the dryer weather, and am using a less drying powder foundation.
I went to our local Good Harvest Market in my state and bought a regular bottle of cold pressed Avocado oil. It doesn't really soak deep into my skin the way I would like, but I love the results. After the breakouts stopped, my skin cleared up with the use of the oil, and is glowingly porcelain.
I would put about six drops of the oil into the palm of my (clean) hand and rub my palms together and press the oil all over my face day and night, then I would add my moisturizer. I think now that I might just use it at night and for cleaning my face as it's too much for the day now that my face feels hydrated again.
I'm not sure if I want to stop using this, my face looks awesome! I often get compliments on my "beautiful skin" from cosmetic sales associates and makeup artists. I also bought some sweet almond oil, but I'm not sure which is better or does more for the skin so the almond oil goes on my body for now. This is a remarkable find and inexpensive too.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No