Avocado Oil

4.4

100% virgin avocado oil, yellow-greenish in color

on 3/29/2010 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Okay so I hate to be the one to wreck all the lovely reviews but I didn't really like avocado oil. Maybe its the brand...I currently am using the Aura Cacia brand which is slightly refined. I heard that there is a difference between refined and unrefined, maybe its the unrefined kind I need. Anyway, this does moisturize my body well but not my face. My face is really acne prone and I recently have been breaking out a lot. I slathered this stuff on at night and couldn't wait to wake up to see what results I would have...well needless to say the first night I used it, I didn't really notice a difference, my skin was a little more moisturized but fine lines, acne all that still visible. I didn't use this for just one night, I am basing my review on the 4 months I have used this every night and still I haven't had any of the miraculous results that a lot of other reviews have had. I think I am going to try the unrefined kind and see what happens.

on 3/28/2010 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I call this "the miracle in a bottle".For 5 years i suffer from melasma,a skin condition.I have a two huge maps(like america in one side of my face and europe in the other)(sorry i dont speak english well).I used al kinds of bleaching creams,i was devastaded,i used a lot of foundation and concealer to cover them,almost like a mask.Some day i started use Avocado oil,to moisture my skin because i live in Puerto Rico ,close to the beach and is so hot,that i need to use a lot a moisturiser and sunblock.Once my sister notice that my skin it looks different,She ask my what i was using on my skin lately,and i told her my new routine,just avocado oil, morning and night.I ask why did she ask,and she notice that my skin,looks beautiful.Well the only different was that,i run to the mirror and i said to myself "Hell yea,my skin is more radiance and youthfull,and my melasma is less noticeable"!!Wow!!!.I cant believe how good i felt after that, Im'not even wanted to look in a mirror before that.I use less makeup.even my husband notice a difference,check this page.

For all the girls who suffer from melasma or age spot,just try this,I saw a difference in a month.

on 3/27/2010 7:47:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

Have been using this for about a week now and it makes skin more supple, but is quite greasy and i think i've broke out from it - prefer trilogys rosehil oill!

on 3/25/2010 8:06:00 AM

I love using this, i mix it with my body creams and it works like magic. I also replaced this with my eye cream, it works so much better than those pricey high end eye creams. It also made my eyelashes stronger, thicker and longer.

on 3/19/2010 12:35:00 PM

I am hesitant to put oil on my face but I thought I would give it a shot -- I use it when I get up in the morning leave it on for about 45 minutes before I take a shower -- washes off clean, skin is smooth and moisturized, doesn't clog pores, works really well.

I can see in my make up mirror that my skin is no longer dry,my make up goes on smoother and looks great -- will keep using.

I have also been using on eyelashes -- maybe a little difference will update.

on 3/18/2010 9:19:00 AM

No more need for those chemicaly filled night creams! I feel much more comfortable going to sleep with 100% natural avocado oil on my face than those creams with 4382463 ingredients. I have bought a cold pressed bottle from the supermarket and so far I love how it moisturizes my face so well. I was scared to put oil on my acne prone skin at first but due to the reviews I had to give it a try! It has not clogged my pores or made me break out. It makes my skin feel so nice and soft. It's not greasy at all, my skin absorbs it by half an hour. It has a subtle nutty smell, you can't smell it at all unless you deliberately sniff it hehe. It's good to put some on the lips as well. You can't go wrong with this, even if you have acne prone skin :)

on 3/14/2010 12:27:00 PM

Love avocado oil! I purchased the cold pressed variety for about $13 for 8 oz. It has a dropper type cap which is great for limiting the amount I pour. My philosophy was, if I didn't like its effects on my face, I'd use it for cooking. It's far too lovely to cook with. After first applying, it feels a little greasy, but that vanishes within 20 min. The best part is that I haven't had any flaking in the cold weather and I use Retin A every other day. I can honestly say that I believe dark spots have lightened as well. Can it be? Great stuff!

on 2/25/2010 8:36:00 AM

Only moisturizer that calmed skin from Retin A. Great antioxidants. I wash face, apply oil, and 1 hour later put on Retin A. The hour delay (for skin to be completely dry) decreases peeling. Just pat lightly and gently work in. Awesome Stuff. Haven't tried cold pressed but will, based on reviews here. PS: Your dog will want to lick your face:)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Currently, I use this as a hair oil. I simply love it. It helps my hair shine, stay soft, and protected from the sun. While my favorite oil is still coconut oil, I have added this to my hair regimen.

on 2/24/2010 8:56:00 PM

This is a great facial moisturizer, but for me it really shines (pun intended) as a hair mask. I normally have pretty heat-ravaged over-straightened hair, and no HE or DS conditioning treatment has really been able to provide an effective solution... who would have guessed that the solution actually lay in the kitchen cupboard. I just soaked my entire head in avocado oil, with some castor oil mixed in for variety's sake, and pulled a shower cap and then a warm hat on. I assume the heat from wearing a hat on top makes the oil more effective, but that may just be my imagination. After keeping it on for a couple of hours, I washed it off, and I was floored. My hair no longer had those ridiculously annoying post-straightening flyaways (the kind that stick straight up out of the part of the hair), and the ends were as silky soft as the roots. The best part was how indescribably soft and shiny my hair was... I don't think I'll ever buy a deep-conditioning mask again. I have AuraCacia avocado oil, and the packaging is much more convenient than other brands of oil I've bought, since the desired amount of oil can be squeezed out with no spillage. In summary, this is amazing. Try it. I think I'll be doing this once a week for the rest of my life.

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products