December 22, 2014 | 976 users online

Moisturizers - Avocado Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2010 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Lily90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

No more need for those chemicaly filled night creams! I feel much more comfortable going to sleep with 100% natural avocado oil on my face than those creams with 4382463 ingredients. I have bought a cold pressed bottle from the supermarket and so far I love how it moisturizes my face so well. I was scared to put oil on my acne prone skin at first but due to the reviews I had to give it a try! It has not clogged my pores or made me break out. It makes my skin feel so nice and soft. It's not greasy at all, my skin absorbs it by half an hour. It has a subtle nutty smell, you can't smell it at all unless you deliberately sniff it hehe. It's good to put some on the lips as well. You can't go wrong with this, even if you have acne prone skin :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by irishgrant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love avocado oil! I purchased the cold pressed variety for about $13 for 8 oz. It has a dropper type cap which is great for limiting the amount I pour. My philosophy was, if I didn't like its effects on my face, I'd use it for cooking. It's far too lovely to cook with. After first applying, it feels a little greasy, but that vanishes within 20 min. The best part is that I haven't had any flaking in the cold weather and I use Retin A every other day. I can honestly say that I believe dark spots have lightened as well. Can it be? Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 8:36:00 AM More reviews by JMAKEUPALLEY

Only moisturizer that calmed skin from Retin A. Great antioxidants. I wash face, apply oil, and 1 hour later put on Retin A. The hour delay (for skin to be completely dry) decreases peeling. Just pat lightly and gently work in. Awesome Stuff. Haven't tried cold pressed but will, based on reviews here. PS: Your dog will want to lick your face:)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 1:27:00 AM More reviews by honeybrown1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Currently, I use this as a hair oil. I simply love it. It helps my hair shine, stay soft, and protected from the sun. While my favorite oil is still coconut oil, I have added this to my hair regimen.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by antelopeomg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great facial moisturizer, but for me it really shines (pun intended) as a hair mask. I normally have pretty heat-ravaged over-straightened hair, and no HE or DS conditioning treatment has really been able to provide an effective solution... who would have guessed that the solution actually lay in the kitchen cupboard. I just soaked my entire head in avocado oil, with some castor oil mixed in for variety's sake, and pulled a shower cap and then a warm hat on. I assume the heat from wearing a hat on top makes the oil more effective, but that may just be my imagination. After keeping it on for a couple of hours, I washed it off, and I was floored. My hair no longer had those ridiculously annoying post-straightening flyaways (the kind that stick straight up out of the part of the hair), and the ends were as silky soft as the roots. The best part was how indescribably soft and shiny my hair was... I don't think I'll ever buy a deep-conditioning mask again. I have AuraCacia avocado oil, and the packaging is much more convenient than other brands of oil I've bought, since the desired amount of oil can be squeezed out with no spillage. In summary, this is amazing. Try it. I think I'll be doing this once a week for the rest of my life.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 2:06:00 PM More reviews by qdeez21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Avacado oil is great!! Winter time:I use it to moisturize my face at night and to sometimes take off my make up....this is so gooood if you have really dry skin and it never broke me out. You will wake up in the mornig with soft, smooth, moisturized skin. I also use this in my hair when its feeling a little dry (mostly on the ends). Between this oil and evoo its a toss up! Love them both.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2010 12:25:00 AM More reviews by NFerguson

I love the way this feels on my skin! It seems to have a different consistency than other natural oils and sinks in my skin. I read many good reviews about jojoba oil and was very disappointed that it made my eyes water when used on my face or hands. So I was thrilled that not only am I able to use avocado oil but it really does hydrate my skin without clogging pores or making me cry.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by klaiyr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

After some recommendations from my naturopath to slather on more essential oils, I decided to give avocado oil a try. For the record, I am no stranger to oils. I use EVOO to help take off MU, I also use it in my hair. Coconut Oil (expeller pressed natural) to moisturize at night before I layer on other lotions/serums on top, I also use it for my eyelashes and it makes 'em stronger and longer, I use it to take off my mascara too. Jojoba oil I use mostly in my hair after a shower and it works really well to tame the frizzies and keep it soft.

Avocado oil is definitely a keeper! I used it yesterday after a shower on my face and OMG my face was soooo soft. I also used some on my hair when it was still wet and it worked really really well to tame frizzies and make it shiny (which Jojoba oil does not). I think I will be using it more often and keeping it in the rotation of all the oils I have.

I bought mine from ebay for like $11 w/ shipping for a 12oz bottle. I transferred it in to a pump bottle. Perfect! I love avocado oil!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by GoodGala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Avocado Oil is, like many pure oils, a health potion! It's cheap, 100% natural and contains vitamins A, D and E, lecithin, as well as potassium and bet-carotene! What is there not to like? It can also greatly help relieve the dryness and itching of psoriasis and eczema and very very dry skin, making it ideal for mature skins.

I personally, use it only when my skin is particularly dry, but what I do on a weekly basis is heat some avocado oil and that massage into my scalp and down my hair, wrap in cling film and leave it overnight and than wash off the following morning. Is it worth the hassle?
HELL YEAH!
As long as you use consinuasly, you will see results.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I use this as a night moisturizer, and my skin is soft and moist all the time. When my skin gets drier, it even works under make-up! (a very thin layer under my Skin Smoothing Cream) And as the price is so good, I use it as a neck moisturizer. Anyone with dry skin has got to get this. It's only one ingredient so it's very safe even for sensitive skin. It doesn't smell much and even if it's slightly coloured (not artificially!) it doesn't show on the skin. It just moisturizes dry skin!