Egg White Mask for Acne

Price: $

Price: $

egg whites

on 9/10/2010 9:58:00 AM

Yes, this DOES work, I saw it on a Dr. Oz episode... something about various home remedies being fact or fiction. He said there is science behind the egg white mask and it DOES work because there is a certain amino acid in the egg white that our skin needs.

I've only done it twice though. the first time i did it only on half my face and I could seen an immediate (subtle) difference in that side vs the other, untreated, side.

I like using this in conjunction with toilet paper... I just whip it up in a bowl and put it all over my face and then layer sections of TP over my face, add another layer of the egg white. I let it dry till it's like paper mache' and then peel it off and it helps to tone and tighten my skin as well as removes blackheads! I find this method works better than the Biore' Pore Stripes and it doesn't hurt... at all (unlike the stripes!). Follow with the egg yellows (like a mask, then rinse) for added moisturizing or just use regular moisturizer (or both) because your skin will be a bit dry.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

It makes my skin feel really soft and toned. But it can leave my face feeling a little dry so I have to use a moisturizer afterwards.

on 8/3/2010 5:21:00 PM

Unlike other reviewers, I review how things work for me. I use the egg WHITE with lemon juice or sometimes oatmeal or just by it's self. It makes my face feel toned and smooth. I enjoy it as a mask and have used it for 20 years without problems. I really get tired of reviews by people that know all, just tell me how you use it and how it worked for YOU.

on 8/3/2010 5:04:00 PM

I just did an egg white mask the other day for the sake of it, to revitalize my skin I guess. It's been really clear lately but I wanted to give it a try. It gave me the angriest and ONLY cystic pimple I've had in at least nine months. I'm keeping this crap away from my face.

on 7/21/2010 8:30:00 AM

I used it yesterday for the first time. First white, then yolk. I could tell that yolk moisturizes, but I did feel that my face was still a bit dry so I put on a bit of my moisturiser.
My skin feels fresh and nice, but the best thing is that its suuuupersoft. I have blackheads in my T-zone and usually when I go with my fingers over them I can feel them, I dont know how to describe that, but everyone who has them probably knows what Im talking about. After this mask skin in my T-tone feels just like the skin on my cheeks. I know I shouldnt, but I cant stop touching my face :))
P.S. I apologize for my grammar, english is not my mother language :)

on 5/24/2010 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I use this about once or twice a week and its like a temporary facelift and helps control my extremely oily acne prone sensitive skin (What a combo huh?) The key is to beat the egg whites and to use the foam that is created. After use the yolk as a natural moisturizer to help control oil formation afterwards. A great natural and cheap option.

on 5/21/2010 3:35:00 PM

I was really skeptical about doing this egg mask because my face is naturally NOT oily. But I separated the yolk from the egg whites, beat the egg whites, and then spread it on my face for about 8 minutes and I can definitely attest to the tightness you feel on your face. xD my boyfriend actually commented on my skin after and said it looks like I have foundation on, whereas I had no make-up. (I usually wear foundation to even out my skin tone and cover the couple pimples I usually have) So I guess I'll do this twice a week... it feels so nice! :D

In despite of all the good reviews it got I was hopin for the same results. It gave me a temp face lift. A short glow~ How ever it did get some of the gunk loose perfect for puttin a nose strip on. its worth a try.

on 5/9/2010 12:59:00 PM

WOW, THIS IS AMAZING!! and cheep lol It gives u like a glow BUT absorbs all the oil in ur face, I don't know how to explain it, but OMG ='D

Popular Masks