April 19, 2014 | 1260 users online

Masks - Egg White Mask for Acne Skin

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2009 11:54:00 AM More reviews by PlainSarah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Try using some of the yolk as well. It makes my face have a natural glow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2009 11:39:00 AM More reviews by xloveee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love doing eggs masks! I do this about once a week, or just depending on when I have time. First I use a fork to whisk the egg white until its foamy and I use a cotton ball to apply it all over my face. Wait about 15 minutes or until you feel your skin tighten, then I wash it off with lukewarm water. Then I use the egg yolk as well, to help me moisturize my skin since it's cold now and my skin is becoming dry rather than oily. I love doing this because it really tightens your skin and helps a little with drying up any pimples

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 2:37:00 PM More reviews by UltraPremiumDeluxe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Gah, I'm getting addicted to this treatment. I LOVE the tightening effect; it feels like a really good massage. I use it and then wear GloMinerals pressed base to give my skin a breather. I will try the egg white strips mentioned below too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by summerteeth1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I just tried this for the first time tonight. I use aspirin or yogurt masks occasionally and I love both of them, but I wanted to try something for acne. I never had acne in 22 years - then I woke up six months ago with A LOT on my forehead and chin. I went to my dermatologist and he prescribed Duac and an antibiotic - of course, I was allergic to both (I have a lot of allergies).

ANYWAY, I tried it. And almost immediately after wiping the goop off my face, my pimples were about 50% smaller. That in an of itself is amazing and worth it. Then, after about two hours, I looked in the mirror again. I have very little acne left! Well, there are still some bumps there, but they are not red - and they are hard and dried out. AMAZING Will definitely make this part of my masque rotation :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2009 4:40:00 AM More reviews by sezling

I tried this yesterday and it really tightens! So much that the drier areas, especially around my jawline, got irritated and itchy >< As such I'd only recommend it for oily areas.. This combined with oatmeal as a mask helped to draw out a significant amount of impurities on my T-zone!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by meruhasaea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's simple yet so effective. I had eggs left over after baking a cake and my friend recommended this to me. So the next day I cracked an egg, took out all the gook and yolk, and placed it in the fridge. I took a hot shower and ran out and grabbed this.

AMAZING. For the first few minutes there was no change. Then out of the blue I could feel it tightening, and boy do I mean tightening. It felt like something was tugging at my face (in a good way). I washed it off in 20 mins and my face was so soft. My complexion looked a bit more even too.

The next morning, I woke up with a hard lump in the corner of my lower cheek, like a dried up pimple. This is actually a good thing! I get random pimples in my smile line of the face and the mask had killed it before it ever formed! By the next day, it was gone.

My face is smoother and no bumps yet (only been 3 days). I'm gonna try the strips soon~

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 10:36:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great for excessively oily skin! The egg white (mask #1) draws the oils out, and the egg yolk (mask #2) moisturizes. Spread the egg white around your face in circular upward motions while being careful to avoid the eyes, mouth and nose. Leave each mask on for 15-30 minutes. Don't worry about it hardening. You will look all crazy like. lol Mask #1: Break the egg white off of your face. Mask #2: Wash the egg yolk off with lukewarm water and pat dry. I have comb/oily skin, so I don't use the egg white that often, being that I do notice the oil reduction. It is the oils that keeps my mid-30 something skin looking young! ;) This also firms the skin- face or otherwise! Use it on the back of the thighs to reduce the appearance of cellulite. Probably best done at night before a shower.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Adriana_C

Egg whites are also great for homemade pore strips. I found a video by Tarynbeth on youtube that explains how to do it. Basically, you spread the egg white on your skin, put a paper towel or toilet paper sheet on top, and spread more on until it sticks. Wait until it hardens just like the Biore strips, and peel off. I was amazed that it works just as well. My skin feels so smooth now. It's a bit of a hassle, but you could save money and it's more natural.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2009 3:27:00 PM More reviews by vanilla411

This is such a great mask! My skin always looks brighter when i wash it off! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 1:30:00 PM More reviews by renyun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This whole process can be a little messy but the results are worth it. If you have oily/acne-prone skin you will benefit greatly from this mask. Just separate the whites from the yolk and apply the white directly on face. Leave on for 5-10 minutes until the mask dries and wash off. Apply moisturizer. This has left my skin smooth and oil-free. Love. love~

Cons:
~The smell of egg white might be unpleasant for some people.