TheBalm Bahama Mama

4.2

Mica Ci 77019, Isoeicosane, Silica, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Iron Oxides Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, Bismuth Oxychloride Ci 77163.

on 12/22/2012 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I use this powder for contouring. As a bronzer it is too dark for my NW25 skin.

Obviously I'm not very fair but it's too dark even for me. Consider it before you purchase.Also use with a very very light hand or you can end up like you have mud in your face. Wouldnt repurchase despite the cute packaging.

on 11/19/2012 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

It's a contouring powder more than anything else. It resembles a matte eyeshadow more than a bronzer. As a contouring powder it does a superb job. if you want to look sun kissed then this probably isn't the best choice. For the sun kissed, bronzed yet a matte look..try chocolate soleil by too faced. However as a contour powder this is super!

on 11/11/2012 9:25:00 PM

This bronzer can make me look dirty if I go to crazy with it but when used lightly it is the single best bronzer I have ever used. It's more brown than orangey, which is how I, an olive skinned gal, actually tan (rather than pinkish or spray-tan orange). I use this on the apples of my cheeks and over my t-zone and temples to warm up my bb cream which is not quite my color. And it's MATTE! Matte matte glorious matte! It's almost impossible to find a good matte bronzer, and all the others I've tried (cargo, physicians formula) did lean more towards the tangerine spectrum. This bronzer is also great for contouring although I rarely use it for that unless I'm going for the made-up look. On the spots where the sun naturally kisses your face it is perfect. Super pale ladies and pink-toned folks may find they get the dirty effect from it so I'd reccomend it for already-warm tones. I just gently tap my brush in and swirl it on. I use so little this package should last me ages. It's about 20 bucks at Duane Reade but I've seen it at TJMaxx so look out for it and other TheBalm products at super low prices. The box is super cute, I carry it around sometimes and make sure to keep the sleeve on it so it doesn't pop open. No brush included but those add-on brushes usually suck anyway. There is a mirror though. All-in-all a great buy if you have some foundation to warm up, like to contour, or actually like to tan.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I. Adore. This. Bronzer.
I purchased this bronzer at Marshalls.
Yes, Marshall's for $4.99, normally $20 at department stores, I suggest you go check out discount stores for high end discounted makeup.
Firstly, the packaging is Adorable, It comes with a protective sleeve, and has a sexy Hawaiian pinup girl on the packaging. haha
Also has a mirror and is magnetized to insure the case stays shut.
I really recommend this bronzer for paler girls, such as myself, because it has a cool tone to it. Warm toned bronzers tend to look orangey on paler skin. It blends like a dream and its 100% Matte, perfect for contouring.
This bronzer is my favorite in my collection. I recommend it. :D

on 9/10/2012 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

MY GO TO BRONZER. It's actually dark enough for darker skinned folks like me. Not shimmery, but heavenly pigmented. LOVE!

I like/dislike this bronzer. I like it because it is a beautiful color and the fact that it is matte and great for contouring. What I dislike about this product is that it is a little difficult to blend because if it is not blended really well, it can look a little dirty. I also dislike that it wastes a lot of product even with the lightest hand. I would probably not consider purchasing again unless it was on sale.

on 8/7/2012 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Got this during my HG bronzer hunt. I ordered it off Hautelook and when it came I looked at it and said "OMG it looks like dirt". It looks very dark, chocolate brown rather than your typical bronze colour. I was a little scared because I'm super fair (NW15) and this seemed really dark. But it's actually really nice! Because it's not "bronze" it doesn't look orange. And it doesn't apply as dark as it looks. It actually adds a nice warmth for contour. I don't know if I'd use this for an all over bronze look though, then you might look dirty I think.
I really like the carboard type packaging, I feel safe just chucking it in my purse and traveling and such. And it's nice and slim, so easy to stack, store, etc.
I just wish it was longer lasting, but it could just be me as my face seems to eat blushes up before lunch.
All in all really like it for contouring. I say if most bronzers looks orange on you, give this a go! And if you get get it for a deal on Hautelook or elsewhere, even better!

on 7/31/2012 11:00:00 PM

This is a great matte bronzer! Not orange, great for contouring, a great product all around. Color payoff is fantastic... a little goes a long way.

on 7/8/2012 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I purchased this on impulse at Marshalls. It was in a set with other products and it only cost about $10! The bronzer is very pigmented and it's great for contouring. I love that it's matte and a nice brown color, not orange. The packaging is cute but I'm not a big fan of cardboard. I'm careful with it, but over time the cardboard has become a little dented and other cosmetics have rubbed onto it so there's reddish colored spots in some areas. I keep the sleeve over it but it's somewhat of a hassle when I'm trying to get ready and pressed for time. The bronzer itself is great and I will buy it again. Unfortunately I haven't seen any more a Marshalls because I would love to get a few more backups at a great price.

on 6/30/2012 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Stupid me. It took me months to figure out that this product was the one breaking me out! Idk why but it does. I like the color against my tan skin for contouring year round. It isn't easy to blend. If it wasn't for me getting "bored" with this bronzer and trying PF bronzer I would have realized this broke me out a lot later. But its an okay product at most.

Popular Bronzers