April 16, 2014 | 985 users online

Bronzers - TheBalm - Bahama Mama

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm not sure what brush to use with this to make it look good - it just looked like a muddy mess that needed a lot of blending. I think maybe a skunk brush could be the only thing -otherwise too much color would be deposited. I used a really fluffy brush hoping to just do some buildable coverage but even that was too much.

The color is a really neutral muddy bronzer - I would think this would be great for contouring - again, if I could figure out which brush to use and how to best blend this.

I've just recently figured out how to properly apply NARS Laguna - and prior to that I really didn't like it. So who knows?! Maybe if I figured out the best way to apply this, I'd be more impressed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like that this bronzer is actually a true brown color and doesn't have any hint of red, orange, yellow, or pink undertones. So I would rather call this a contouring powder since it's perfect for shading and not for giving the skin a nice glow. The packaging is cute and call it Beyonce because of the lady on the packaging who looks like her, but I have to be careful not to drop it since it's easy to fragile.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 11:20:00 PM More reviews by ClassynClean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A beautiful matte bronzer. I have large pores and Im sick of all those hundreds of bronzers that come out every year that have sparkles or shimmer in them and make my pores magnified!. The best thing about this bronzer s the color. It is a true brown and so pretty on olive or yellow toned skin. Ive bought many of these before and I have to say, the odd time i get a bad batch that is more taupe but for the most part I get goods ones that are true brown and look so nice and natural.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

This is just like a solid brown or taupe matte eye shadow. It is very sheer and it did not look very healthy on my NC 30 shade. I like my bronzer to have a hint of gold in it and this lacked all ranges of shade, except solid brown. I do not recommend it-

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by scarletkisses

I love the fact tht this bronzer is matte which makes it ideal for contouring, but because I am fair I have to be extra careful with application (it is very very pigmented!). If I overdo it it tends to look muddy and unnatural, so a light hand and a lot of blending is required. I actually quite like the packaging, which has magnets for opening and closing the case. I prefer tht over some plastic cases which are really hard to shut. Because I don't really bring my bronzer around much, the packaging isn't damaged at all. Looking to trying MAC's harmony next so I can decide which I like better (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product, and I'm medium-light, golden olive toned. Works well as a contour powder. When I'm lazy, I swipe this under cheekbones, and I'm out the door. It's not a taupe color that makes me look ill by itself. However, 1-2 swipes of this is too much for me. I can't load up MAC's contour brushes for application or else it's too dark. I take my fluffy Shiseido blush brush, and tap the powder very lightly. Then I sweep under cheekbones with the end of the brush, and blend out regularly, with full head of brush. That's enough for me. Pigment reminds me of Illamasqua's blushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2010 1:08:00 AM More reviews by EvaMakaric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Yes this is a dark matte bronzer, so pale skinned people should give it a miss or it will look muddy. Medium to dark skins will appreciate the high colour pay off, as you really don't need to swirl the brush in the palette at all. The colour is completely matte, so using a big, fluffy brush is essential to blend, blend, blend. The key here is to start small and add more colour where needed or you will look like you climbed up a chimney. That said, the colour is perfect, you actually look TANNED, not like you are wearing bronzer. Kind of like you've just had a really good spray tan. No shimmer means it looks super natural, like a second skin- again blending is crucial for this. Don't event try using a stiff bristled or small brush as the colour will not be forgiving, and show exactly where you put it on. Great bronzer, but not foolproof. The price is a little high considering the cheapy packaging. The cardboard box gets stained from the word go, and isn't worth the high price. Kind of like a Benefit rip off, with pin up girl type designs- which are actually quite cute. The colour inside is the redeeming factor but if ONLY they could do something about the shitty cardboard covering! I would only buy this again at a discount, as the price point for this brand isn't justifiable with the quality of packaging. In summary, best matte bronzer I have come across when applied carefully.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by definesinister

I use a large fluffy brush and one swipe and blend all over my face. Most of the time I use two swipes just to get some color. Yes it does look muddy at first but you have to play with the color. Do one swipe and then check it out in sunlight after ten to fifteen minutes. adjust accordingly. i have found three swipes will look like mud and way too dark. so i just use two swipes. blend into the hairline really well and use upward sweeping motions for the cheeks so that you wont apply too much color to the center. i use the 3 method on the face. i also blend the color on the tip of cheeks and run it horizontally across my nose just to blend more. blending is key. try this and see if it works!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 2:04:00 AM More reviews by sfb333

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this bronzer has the most amazing texture
my favorite bronzer ever
pretty
long lasting
great payoff

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by OHSHIEEET

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

*EDIT* I don't know what I was thinking while writing this review. Although the color of this bronzer is generally what I'm looking for (zero orange, no shimmer), it's not a great product. I tried contouring my cheekbones with this on top of my foundation, and it wouldn't blend. It ended up looking blotchy and strange. In addition, my friend told me it looked like I'd gotten punched in the face (twice, once on each side of my face). No matter how you apply this stuff (on top of foundation or applied right onto the skin), it looks like you just dipped your face into a pile of dirt. I've tried rubbing in moisturizer on top to no avail. Ugh, and don't even try this stuff on your body. It looked even worse on my body than it did on my face, if that's possible. Don't buy this. It's awful.

---

This works really great for contouring. Especially if your skin is tan, or darker. It's very brown. No orange, or yellow undertone. It's matte, so there's no shimmer or glitter. Therefore, the color this bronzer gives you is believable. Although it's in a cute little box, complete with mirror, a lot of the product falls out while I'm dipping my brush into it. It feels very wasteful.