Jane Iredale Handi Brush

Not tested on animals

on 3/7/2007 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I would give this brush 5 lippies, but have learned that things can go wrong really quickly with brushes (see Japonesque powder brush). So right now i like this brush a lot. Haven't really exerienced any shedding of not. A hair now and then, that's it. The head is just the right diameter to get all the smaller areas, as well as the large. No need for two brushes. I use it for BE minerals currently. Will be trying Alima soon. The handle is on the shorter end, but comfortable. And the head, being flat topped, is great for loose minerals. Haven't tried it on pressed minerals. I'd say it's worth the money, especially if you buy it at skinwest.com for ~$26. Give it a try ladies.

UPDATE: This brush seems only passable at the moment. I've replaced it with the Alima #25 brush, which is AWESOME. So don't get the Handi from JI, try the Alima #25 instead!!!

on 2/24/2007 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is really the best power brush I have ever purphased. At first I was very skeptical and I already had a BodyShop brush. But the Handi brush really made a difference... especially using it to apply the Jane Iredale Pure Press Powder. They go very well together. Some people say they shred a lot.. but I haven't found this to be a problem. I have been using it for about 3 months and I might have seen 3 hair fallen out. I am not sure if this brush will be as good with other makeups. HOwever, if you are using or will buy Jane Iredale powder, you definitely get this brush too!

on 12/30/2006 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It layers powder foundation on very evenly and I've never had any problems with it shedding.

on 12/17/2006 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I love this Brush, and use it for Jane Iredale's Pressed Powder Foundation and the Moonglow Bronzing quad. I've used the Bare Escentual's Brushes but didn't get on as well with them.

on 12/2/2006 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my HG face brush. It's so soft and smooth and gives a light and natural application. The short shaft and plastic sleeve makes it perfect for travel. It's a bit pricey but well worth the money.

on 9/10/2006 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would buy this product again, but probably will never need to. It is an excellent quality brush, meant to be used to apply the pressed minerals. I wash mine every two weeks with just a little shampoo. It comes with a nice plastic case to protect the brush. Everything from Jane Iredale is of high quality.

on 7/26/2006 7:51:00 AM

I LOVE this face brush!!! I got the JI PPB and this is the brush to use when applying it. It's soft and fluffy but more importantly dispenses any powder makeup PERFECTLY! Gives nice and even coverage...It's a pricey brush but well worth it!!

on 7/21/2006 3:03:00 AM

I love this brush. It's so soft, and I haven't had any problems with shedding. The plastic sleeve is great, too.

on 6/17/2006 8:43:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

I love this brush and it works so well with the Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Base. The plastic sleeve is a nice perk -- helps keep the brush bristles stay well-formed, protected and clean when traveling. There might be similar-looking brushes out there, but I haven't tried any of them -- I'm happy with the Handi, so not going to look for substitutes at this point.

This is worth the money! It blends soo well and It is thick and soft and the best make-up brush EVER.

Popular Makeup Brushes