September 23, 2014 | 1840 users online

Liquid - Shu Uemura - Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation ] [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by face123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've used a ton of foundation products and since I have dry skin it's very hard to find one that doesn't cake after a long day. For awhile I was using MAC studio fix, but I didn't want to be using something so heavy on a daily basis. This foundation is really moisturizing and smooth. I've received compliments on my skin every time I have it on, people can't even tell that I'm wearing anything at all. It feels light weight, creamy and it gives me a natural glow. The coverage is great too!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by jaann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

After realizing that my MAC Face and Body Foundation doesn't match my skin tone anymore (I had bought it when I was more tanned), I decided to give this foundation a try instead of going back to the MAC counter.

I love it. It is slightly less liquid-y/run-y than the MAC Face and Body, is light-to-medium coverage, buildable, feels light, and does not make me break out. I stipple it onto my skin with a damp makeup sponge (to minimize the amount of makeup wasted) and, on areas where I need more coverage, I simply dab on some more. It blends well into my skin.

My only bad experience with this foundation was that I wasted my money on the first bottle: the shade was close to my skin tone but still a bit too dark (764). It's strange. Sometimes I notice the colour discrepancy, and sometimes I don't. I think this is because the colour was not a perfect match to begin with, and on the days that I notice the mismatch are the days when I feel I need more coverage, so I had put on more layers to build it up. I went back and purchased another bottle one shade lighter (774) and it is perfect. I'll be keeping the 764 in case I tan.

If possible, get a sample to ensure a good colour match. Otherwise, this is a very good light-weight, buildable, foundation that has never broken me out.
    continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 4:31:00 AM More reviews by Surfaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've bought this foundation a week ago and love it so far. The color match was PERFECT (I use 934), it is weightless and makes you look like a porcelain doll...though I have small skin problems like couple of pimples and big pores.
    In some reviews girls wrote it doesn't stay long...well, it does stay long on me even though I live in Bali, Indonesia (I'm European) with humid tropical climate. I'm using l'occitane velvet concentrate cream under it (just a tiny bit) and don't use any powder on the top. I'm applying it with new MAC 130 brush, guess that might make difference, this brush just puts the foundation IN your skin, otherwise it just stays on the top mostly.
    This product feels like NOTHING on, skin is silky smooth and I don't break out from it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2010 9:39:00 AM More reviews by jennailin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As other people have mentioned in their reviews, this doesn't work well in humid climates. It melts off your face in matter of hours and makes your face shine. However, in Canada and the States is a whole different matter. It makes my face flawless and i barely need any concealer.It is smooth and blendable, and a little goes a long way. I wear it for nights out as this makes my skin look a milllion bucks in photos. Love, love, love, however I wouldn't wear daily...it also comes with a hefty price tag...

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2010 1:37:00 AM More reviews by rebeccawangxiaoyin

Update 04/03/2011: After leaving it untouched on my vanity for 2 weeks or so, the foundation starts to separate, and it just does not get back to one consistency however much I shake it. Though looks alright after applied to the face, the whole separating thing shouldn't happen to Shu. I'm disappointed. won't buy again.

This product provides light to medium coverage. But I find the staying power of this is not very good, even with the Shu Uemura UV Base under it and loose powder over the top. I have fairly dry skin and I stay in the office all the time. It generally lasts quite nicely for 4 hours, and it starts to get flakey and gradually disappears.I've try it with and without a base, as well as with and without powder. I would say on me apply it with a base and without a powder works the best. Using base and powder at the same time is just too dry for me. The color I chose was 564, which matches my skin quite well.If you are very dark, you should probably skip this because it does not have a very wide range of colors.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by seiran

Pros: Great color variety and match (especially for yellow undertones), very blendable, smooth, luminous but not oily, brightens your face, does not cause additional breakouts (at least not for me), great coverage.

Cons: last 4 hours max, T-zone area gets oily, does not cover flakes, rubs off SUPER EASY! (reason why I don't think it last very long), kind of just sits on top of the skin.

And now that it's summer, I keep getting oily every two hours and it rubs off soooooooo incredibly easy. But I love how well it matches my skin tone and brightens it! Soooo hard to give this up because it looks super for the first hour!

I bought the cream version and that one is waaaaaay too thick and doesn't sink into the skin either. In fact it is thick and sits on top of my skin and comes off easily as well...so I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do with it! Keep touching up every four hours I guess?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation. Unfortunately it is not easy to buy in NZ. You have to get it off strawberrynet without trying the colour. I managed to get half a bottle of our local version of ebay but the colour is slightly light on me but the correct tone. I got 974 so the yellow base it great as it cancels out my redness but I think I need to get a slightly darker colour.

Because of its unavailability, I will be trying other foundations first.

Like everyone says, it melts on the nose and cheeks after four to five hours but it feels like you have nothing on and it looks like your skin, especially when set with finishing powder (I've got Maybelline's dream matte powder in cream and it works just fine).

It blends really smoothly over a moisturizering base (either sunscreen or lotion). Doesn't really like mattifying bases although it will work if you blend quickly and work in small areas.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2010 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Reira

This feel of this foundation is comparable to my Chanel's Lumiere. Good coverage and doesn't break out on my extra-sensitive skin. However, it doesn't last long, and in a few hours, those hot spots are looking darn oily.

Good try but definitely not purchasing it again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Bjet

My cousin gave this to me on one of my visits to Hong Kong. She told me she bought it during a HUGE sale so the colour selections were limited. She randomly grabbed 345 which was way too dark for her. I like to be tanned and I play a lot of sports so naturally I was darker than her but 345 was too dark for me. So when I used it in Hong Kong I didn't really like it. It must have been the climate there cause when I'm in Hong Kong I'm OILY OILY OILY!!! Whereas in Canada I'm combination (oily tzone only normal cheeks) So in Hong Kong it gave me good coverage that was on the dewy borderline oily side which was not exactly the look I was going for since I prefer matte or a little dewy. It also slipped right off by the end of the day. It also felt heavy (but it seems like all make up feel heavy in Hong Kong :S)
    Back in Canada, however, was a different story. Practically HG status! The colour is still too dark for me but when I mix it with Clinique's Dramatically different moisturizing gel it matches my skin perfectly (I don't know how but it just does!) When it dries it feels like NOTHING on my face and the finish is between matte and dewy (so not so matte that it looks like make up but not so dewy that it looks oily!) It also looks like I have no make up, just perfect skin! I don't like the foundation as much without the moisturizer though.
    I guess on my next trip to Hong Kong I won't take this foundation with me. I have yet to find something that works over there!!

EDIT: bumped it down to a 4 lippy cause i look like an oil slick in the summer but at least i found my HG winter foundation!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 10:52:00 AM More reviews by devilzwind

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Even though this is not my perfect foundation, it is a fantastic foundation even at its fairly steep price, and I will repurchase.

I've just gone through 2 bottles of Shu FA, but I just purchased Revlon CS instead of a third bottle of Shu FA. I will repurchase Shu FA in the future though.

Shu FA is a great foundation especially for people with blackheads. I have loads of blackheads on my nose, and so many foundations I tried, while covering the black color of the blackheads, emphasized the bumpiness of the blackheads and would sink into the pores, making my nose look even worse. Shu FA's formula is really worth the price in that it covers blackheads *without* sinking into pores, something I've found hard to find.

It is in my opinion light to medium coverage, so best for those with minimal skin flaws. Although the formula is buildable, in my opinion it's a waste of a pricey foundation and I would go for something with medium coverage.

Awesome as Shu FA is, I purchased Revlon CS for 3 reasons. Firstly, it was getting pretty costly and I wanted to try something that was supposed to be pretty good, at a much lower price. Secondly, when my skin is acting up, the light-medium coverage is not enough, and I don't want to waste so much product by building it up. Thirdly, I have combo skin with a very oily t-zone. Combined with the fact that I live in a tropical climate, when I'm running around the city, Shu FA's 'semi-matte' finish just doesn't cut it - Revlon CS has better oil-controlling properties and lasts longer.

However, comparing Revlon CS and Shu FA, Shu is definitely the winner in product quality and the look of my skin in terms of texture. I'll be using Revlon CS in the summer for its longlasting and oil-controlling properties, but I will be repurchasing Shu FA for the winter, when the semi-matte finish is enough.

Even though I'm Asian, I wear shade 554 (in the neutral line) so I'm pretty sure there are shades yellow enough for those with strong yellow undertones.