November 27, 2014 | 927 users online

Highlighters - MAC - strobe liquid

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2008 10:42:00 PM More reviews by definesinister

Strobe liquid is so awesome with hyper real foundation! Unfortunately they DC hyper real on the website, but no fears... they still have it in stores (call your local mac). I just use my regular moisturizer first then I mix this with my hyper real and maintain that glowy look. The best way to use this with foundation is the 187 brush as people already mentioned below. Best of all it does not break me out. yay for mac!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2008 7:17:00 PM More reviews by sbb444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

I have never been a MAC person (except for their magical 'brushes') coz never really liked their products...I find them too thick and sticky!
But anyways, i was looking for a nice moisturizer from a long time and after trying samples of almost all brands
(Estee, Clinique, Lancome & MAC); i finally decided to purchase this one in the lotion form...(creams never work on my face and i hate applying thick products)
To my surprise, it looked great on my face....I usually pump twice at the back of my palm hand and then pump my foundation ...swirl it with my mac 187 at buff onto my face...it looks heavenly!
I never felt the need of a moisturizer underneath my foundation before but now i do since i have 'dry skin' days and this lotion is sheer and looks great once applied!
I wont say my makeup lasts longer...but the texture of this lotion soothes and hydrates my skin well! Its of great quality and i simply love their packaging with a 'pump' bottle!! The price was fine enough because you need just 1 or 2 pumps at a time..and its a 50ml bottle....so this will last me for many more months to come!
UPDATE: I increased a lippie coz love this product! Been using it since a month now and it saves me skin!! My skin feels awake and fresh on those tired days when i have 4hr sleep in the nights!! I usually mix this with my foundation, swirl it and buff it on with my 187 brush! It rocks:)
Gives a smoooooth, cool and nice sheen to my face...and makes makup look veryyyyyyyy natrual!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 3:31:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loooove strobe liquid!!! I have tried the strobe cream over and over and didn't like the results at all. The cream would make my skin a hot greasy mess as well as sting a little when I put it on.
I heard from a couple of my coworkers how they disliked this one because it didn't provide any moisture. Well, I didn't need any and I should have gone with my instincts and tried it myself a long time ago. This liquid is extremely lightweight yet imparts a glowy finish. Unlike strobe cream, I can easily mix this with my Olay moisturizer without worrying about looking too greasy. The pump dispenser is sooo much better in comparison to the annoying hard-to-squeeze tube the cream comes in. The price is reasonable, considering all you need is a small amount.
This has moved into one of my favorite products list. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2008 9:33:00 PM More reviews by alka1

I can't live without this <3 And i'm not just saying that! I thought it was too expensive, but once I started using it I realized that you actually get a huge amount. I use a small amount for my entire face because a little goes a long way. This is a white runny lotion that blends into a pearlescent and dewy pinkish glow.
==
I do the following either before or after applying my foundation (although doing it after tends to work a little better):
- I apply this in the inner-corner of my eyes to brighten them instantly. A little on the outside corners of the eye to make them seem wider.
-I also apply some below the brow, as well as above the brow. This is actually a great trick for the older crowd who needs a little lift!
-A thin stripe down the center of the nose.
- I do a thin stripe of this along the jawline (this isn't really necessary unless you want to highlight and emphasize the jawline) make sure to blend well!
-A little on my chin to make it seem more prominent.
-Finally and most importantly, a quick pat over the cheekbones for a more defined and sculpted look.
==
This makes my face glow like nothing else. It looks like a believable and natural glow - not sparkly and not glittery. It illuminates your skin without looking oily, gives your face depth and definition, and just plain looks amazing! 5/5 :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2008 9:42:00 PM More reviews by goldenchiffon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love products that make me look fresh & glow without obvious glitter. I was hoping this product would do just that for me. Unfortunately it did not meet up to expectations. It makes me look a bit dewy....but nothing really special. I didn't get that "glow" I was hoping for. I just swapped for NARS The Multiple- Copacabana & I have to say that this product blows Strobe liquid out of the water. Save your money for NARS if you are looking for a ethereal glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2008 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Live4Beauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the liquid and the cream, and to me, they are basically the same product. I don't have problems with either one. They both feel great on the skin and give a nice, healthy glow. I just wanted to comment on the packaging. The new strobe cream sits on a rounded base and almost has to be balanced before standing upright. And things with caps sometimes are just annoying. The liquid is in a miniature fix+ bottle and dispenses just the right amount. It doesn't matter which one you use because the quality of both is great, but based on packaging, go with the liquid.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2008 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Arantha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE Strobe Liquid! It is $30 (yikes) but well worth it. I put it all over my face before I put on my Bare Minerals foundation and then I highlight my cheekbones with the liquid afterward. On days when I am not wearing full makeup I just put the Strobe Liquid all over my face and it gives you a healthy dewy glow without any other makeup. (For these "no make-up" days I also put on MAC Honour blush over the Strobe Liquid and it gives a really great effect). Have not tried the Strobe Cream yet but the MAC rep told me the cream is more visible under the foundartion then the liquid one is.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2008 1:28:00 AM More reviews by kmorrison21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used the Strobe liquid under my foundation ,then applied concealer where needed, applied powder, and then used a tiny bit of the Strobe to highlight cheek bones and brow bone. Its incredible. I dont like glittery stuff, but the Strobe liquid gave my skin a soft shimmery glow. I love it! It's a little expensive, but considering how little you have to use to get the desired effect, it's worth it. Like most of the MAC products, it lasts forever! Love love love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2008 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Viviana25

Just used once, and it is the best beauty secret Ive came across with.
I put it under foundation, all over the face, and the last result is glowy matte perfection skin!!
the glow is subttle, but noticeable like candelight on your face.
Strobe cream is too greasy, this is perfect, because it gets absorb fast.
I love MAC, and this is one of the many new loves Ive found on the line.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2008 8:40:00 PM More reviews by pimmy5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just got this in a delivery and LOVE IT!!! however did find it a little runny but it's very light which is a good thing since summer is coming, i might try to cream in winter time and see what that's like, i tried mixing it with my foundation but don't see no affect so what i do is just lightly pat it on my cheeks and forehead ( only a little bit) and then another drop on cheek bones for highlight and MSF gold spill on top of that.
It might sound like a lot but it's actually not and gives that 'glow' which i super love!! :)