Organix Tea Tree Mint Shampoo

3.0

Di Water (Aqua), Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycol Distearate, Dimethicone Copolyol, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamide DEA, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium 11, DMDM Hydantoin, Silk Amino Complex, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Australian Tea Tree Oils, Soy Milk Proteins, Peppermint Oil, Shea Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Fragrance

on 6/20/2009 4:26:00 PM

Fail! This made my thick hair dry, waxy and heavy. I gave this a fair shot with several washes before tossing, but even the smell was a disappointment. More like chocolate than tea tree or mint.

on 5/30/2009 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

have naturally light blonde wavy hair, with a oily roots and dry ends. My hair is fine but has some volume and quite prone to slipt ends. I do not color my hair. I usually alternate between a volumizing shampoo and daily/clarifying shampoo and follow up with an anti-breakage conditioner.

The Teatree Mint shampoo has a fresh, minty scent and comes in a mint green flip cap bottle of 13 fl oz. I absolutely love the scent and found it lingered long after my initial shampooing. This shampoo tingles your scalp a bit and doesn't lather much (lack of sulfate, this is a good thing). My hair felt quite clean after use and I could definitely tell that product build up had been removed. However, I was disappointed to find how "sticky" this shampoo is. By that I mean it took extra rinsing to remove any residue from my hair. I recommend following up with a deep conditioner (unless your hair is very oily) because the shampoo can by drying.

After drying, I found that my hair looked cleaner, brighter, and bouncier. Since my hair is fine, anything that creates volume ("bounce") gets an extra star in my book. However, the label "hydrating" is misleading. I did not get any extra moisture with this product--hence my use of a heavy conditioner to follow up!

I'll keep using Organix Teatree Mint Shampoo once or twice a week to remove build up. It definitely keeps my hair from being weighted down and just smells amazing.

Price: approx. $6.99

Pros: Amazing minty scent, sulfate free, good price, volumizing, and removes build up
Cons: Drying, doesn't leave up to "hydrating" claim

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

The only reason I've tried this is because my fiance uses it, and being a product junkie I couldnt resist the bright green bottle sitting in our shower! I had run out of shampoo and used this for a few days before I went to the store to get something for myself. In those few days of using this, my hair seemed dry and dull, and less manageable than it had been in awhile. The smell is very strong and sweet, but good- like mint chocolate chip- I did like that part of the product, but I still dont really need my hair to smell like candy every day. This shampoo is probably fine for guys with short hair to use, but for girls like me with long, processed hair, it was a huge disappointment.

on 1/14/2009 7:59:00 PM

This shampoo dried my hair out in a weird way-- right after I shampooed my hair felt stiff, almost like a wig. I usually have soft hair and my hair is thick and pretty hardy, so I usually can use a lot of different shampoos and I'm ok. But this one dried out my hair way too much!

Also, this shampoo made me lose a bunch of hair. Just stay away from this stuff!

on 1/2/2009 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really liked the smell. But it tangled my hair really easy and wasn't too hydrating. I had to use double the conditioner than the shampoo, and even then i still needed to use a leave in conditioner for some moisture.

on 10/25/2008 7:05:00 PM

I hate this product. I bought it cos I wanted a cheaper tea tree shampoo (I love Paul Mitchell but it's so expensive) and it was 2-for-1 at Walgreens. Big mistake!

It's tea tree and mint but it doesn't tingle (I love tingly shampoo) and it smells like mint chocolate (no thanks). It dries my hair and it makes my scalp flake! BOO! Thankfully I still have Paul Mitchell tea tree conditioner which is useless for hair but good to control scalp health. I massage this into my scalp after shampooing and it helps (I think). I have 2 bottles to go through! grr

on 10/19/2008 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This performs like a low-end drugstore shampoo (read:suave) but is priced like a high-end product. The only redeeming aspect of this shampoo is the scent and even that is not original. Really with everything else out there, what good is a mint shampoo that doesn't tingle?? In addition to those shortcomings, my hair feels a little dried out and not thoroughly cleaned after using this. The only way I would buy again is if they added tingle to it- I wish there was a drugstore mint shampoo that did that!

on 9/20/2008 1:07:00 AM

It's ok. I love the smell. I love the adoreable bottle. I like the shampoo. That's it. Just like. It's not blowing my skirt up.

on 9/15/2008 5:10:00 PM

I definately love this product, I love the smell and how it doesn't use sulfur but it is expensive and the amount they give you is kinda trial size because if you look at the bottle it is fat but you can't see how full it really is! I like this product only because it doesn't put all that junk chemicals in my hair, but yet it does make a difference when I start using crap shampoo when I'm broke and I can't afford this one. The only thing I can't stand is the price, 6.99+tax for this item. But I guess its worth it.

on 8/31/2008 2:43:00 PM

So far I've only used it a couple times, but I LOVE the smell. It doesn't seem drying to me and lathered quite nicely. I just dyed my hair so I'll update if it cause fading or brassiness.

UPDATE: Ok it might have been a coincidence but I did notice my color fading quite a bit after I started using this. I just dyed my hair brown as opposed to auburn w/ highlights. Brown should have more staying power, so I'll update if this fades that because then I'll know it's the shampoo and not just heat styling and the elements.

Popular Shampoos