July 28, 2014 | 2006 users online

Shampoo - Organix - Tea Tree Mint Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2008 5:10:00 PM More reviews by cyncord4

I definately love this product, I love the smell and how it doesn't use sulfur but it is expensive and the amount they give you is kinda trial size because if you look at the bottle it is fat but you can't see how full it really is! I like this product only because it doesn't put all that junk chemicals in my hair, but yet it does make a difference when I start using crap shampoo when I'm broke and I can't afford this one. The only thing I can't stand is the price, 6.99+tax for this item. But I guess its worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2008 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Jenni4Design

So far I've only used it a couple times, but I LOVE the smell. It doesn't seem drying to me and lathered quite nicely. I just dyed my hair so I'll update if it cause fading or brassiness.

UPDATE: Ok it might have been a coincidence but I did notice my color fading quite a bit after I started using this. I just dyed my hair brown as opposed to auburn w/ highlights. Brown should have more staying power, so I'll update if this fades that because then I'll know it's the shampoo and not just heat styling and the elements.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2008 9:25:00 PM More reviews by candyxmandie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

It doesn't lather very well, but it smells great and it makes my hair soft. It kinda made my color run so I don't know if I will buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2008 7:09:00 PM More reviews by idyllick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

overall, just not impressed. the smell is not that great, herbal essences is much better. I dont see any remarkable cleaning power, honestly my hair doesnt even feel cleaner while im using it, i can usually get my hair to almost "squeak" clean, with this its not happening. in fact i did an olive oil treatment and used this to wash it out, i had to wash 3 times and i still was not satisfied that my hair was getting any cleaner. and i do not have difficult hair. the smell is nice -in the bottle. the bottle is cute, thats y i bought this. i used witht he coconut conditioner, whil ei may try th conditioner again, i will not buy this stuff again. i doubt i will even finish the bottle i have. its worth trying i guess, but its also worth skipping & saving the $6, you are not missing a thing with this one! oh, it lathered great for me tho, not that that made a difference :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2008 8:45:00 PM More reviews by katsul6

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The fantabulous scent and allure of "organic" ingredients convinced me to pick up this product. (my hair is fine, wavy, shoulder length and colored).

It lathered OK but left my hair dry and bushy. I felt like a troll doll.
And my color looked dull and faded, but that might have been because I was past due for a touch up
Quite disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2008 8:33:00 PM More reviews by xtinemax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Oh my god this stuff smells amazing. I want to eat it. I think the bottle is cute too.

The consistency is very runny but it still lathers very well. It leaves my hair feeling very nice, I don't even have to use a separate conditioner because my hair feels that nice. I haven't used to constantly every day for more than a week so I can't say what the long term effects are on my hair but used occasionally it makes my hair look and feel great.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2008 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Axley08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh, my goodness. I cannot believe I wasted my money on this stuff! It has achieved the horrible combination of making my hair both dry and impossible to get a comb through! Hydrating? Yeah, right! My formerly normal, long hair is screaming for mercy right now; a good bit of it has broken off! I think I would rather use something with sulfates in it than deal with this crap. On top of that, my hair smells like toothpaste. Great. I wouldn't buy this again, and I wouldn't let anyone I know buy it either.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2008 3:41:00 PM More reviews by DarkSideChic87

I bought this as well as the conditioner because they were on a BOGO free special. I thought it sounded really refreshing for the summer. So I tried them, and they just dry my hair out horribly. When I get out of the shower, I always comb my hair with a wide tooth comb. With other shampoos and conditioners, the comb went through smoothly. With these, my hair was so tangled I could barely comb it. Luckily my hair is resilient and it hasn't caused too much permanent damage. I do love the smell of this product, but that isn't why I bought it so I have to give it just 1 lippie.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2008 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Alibear8

I see this shampoo line every time I go to the drugstore, and have always been tempted to buy it. However, I was a little uneasy because of the mixed reviews it has received on this site. But today I went in to pick up my usual shampoo and Organix was on sale, Buy 1 Get 1 Free - so of course I had to try it! I bought the Tea Tree Mint Shampoo because my hair has been feeling very weighed down and dull lately, and I know that tea tree and mint extracts are very refreshing and cleansing. I loved it! My scalp feels SO clean and my hair feels so light and bouncy. My only problem was the lather. I know that because this shampoo is sulfate-free...and that usually means little or no lather, so I was half expecting it. I also wish the bottles were a little bit bigger, because since I have to use quite a bit of shampoo to really get a lather going, I'm pretty sure I'll run out sooner than a regular shampoo.

EDIT!!!
I've been using this for about a month, and my feelings about this shampoo have changed drastically! I still think it makes my scalp feel clean and fresh - however - it leaves my hair feeling very dried out and porus. What bothers me most though, is that although the shampoo smells fantastic when I'm using it, I've noticed that at the end of the day my hair smells awful, musty and just stale smelling. I have never had this problem before. It's like my hair absorbs all of the smells I encounter throughout the day, smoke, pollution, pet odor, food smells, everything. It has been driving me absolutely nuts, and as soon as I switched to another shampoo it stopped. I am so disappointed because the shampoo smells SO wonderful when I use it, but it isn't worth having stinky hair at the end of the day. GROSS!!! I may still use it as a body wash, because it is sulfate-free which I imagine will be gentle on my skin. We'll see how that goes...
Don't buy this stuff...ick.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2008 2:19:00 AM More reviews by luvaddict90

I had high hopes for this, but overall disappointed! It didn't lather that well, made my hair super greasy, and worst of all made huge sores come up all over my neck, face and shoulders!

The reason I'm giving it a 2 is because I love the smell!

But luckly I found a great shampoo by BioInfusion. Rosemary Mint. Lathers really well and smells heavenly! My hair is SO shiny and bouncy!! Also cleared up the sores! Definetly check out BioInfusion instead of Organix!!!