Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

4.7

on 11/26/2011 3:11:00 AM

I am so dissapointed. I really wanted this brush to work, especially given all these glowing reviews. I like the size, since my petite face favors small brushes. The density and application were great at first too. UNTIL it came time to wash it. I use a very diluted amount of Dr.Bronner's soap for all of my brushes and take great care to ensure that the ferrules don't get wet. I lay them flat to dry, never standing. Even with all these precautions, this brush shed NASTY STYLE. It lost so much of its density already :(. I thought I might have just received a dud, but after checking out some more reviews hidden under the raves, it shows that I'm not the only one experiencing shedding problems :(. The ELF $3 Studio Powder Brush is a 5th of the price and A MILLION times better.

on 11/25/2011 8:58:00 PM

AMAZZZING brush for blending liquid foundation.. gives an airbrush look and feel... i love it.. easy to wash... and drys quick. I haven't had it shed on me and I've been using it for 9 months now. The only flaw was... the handle came off.. but with some super glue its as good as new! why i knocked off 1 off the packaging quality.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this brush. I've used it with liquid foundation, powder, and cream blush. I love it. Its a little small for stippling on liquid foundation, but its perfect for buffing out/diffusing cream blush. Its really soft, the packaging is beautiful, and the bristles don't fall out. <3 it. I would definitely buy it again, except that I don't think I would ever need to lol because its so great. But I would definitely recommend it, especially for the price!

on 10/7/2011 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have had my Flat Top for over a year and I have to say after many cleanings and lots of use it has shed once and is still in great condition. Granted this is a thick brush and with that in mind it is perfect for buffing to give a flawless look. I use this with creams and liquid foundation. But it works best with creams. It does take a long time to dry after cleaning but its worth the wait. I did have issues with the handle coming off in the beginning but with a little super glue I haven't had any problems since.

on 10/1/2011 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This brush is definitely the most useful makeup brush that I own. I used it with my liquid foundation, pressed powder, concealer, bronzer, powder blush and cream blush. It does an amazing job applying all of these products.

I also noticed it's a lot softer than the Philosophy multi-purpose brush and it definitely applys nicer as well.

on 9/30/2011 4:30:00 PM

Did not work well with BB cream. It is really soft when dry but it soaked up too much product and did not glide smoothly on my face. The SK duo fibre brush (large), which I love for my Nars powder blushes, worked better with BB cream. Agree with the other reviewer about there being quite a bit of space between bristles and barrel. In fact, the whole thing popped out while I was washing. Back to Target it went.

on 9/25/2011 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this brush so much. I used to buff out my blushes and bronzer as well as apply mineral makeup. This brush is super dense and very soft. The handle has an easy grip ship and it comfortable to hold. This brush blends really well, obviously it will work differently depending on your brushes strokes and how hard you press- but for me it glides my makeup around my skin extremely well. It disperses the color evenly and leaves a nice finish. I've had it for over a month and have washed it 6 times since I bought it and have noticed little to no shedding and no brush deterioration.

on 9/21/2011 3:50:00 PM

I ADORE this brush. I never knew how important it was to find a good brush to apply foundation. After using this one it has made a world of difference. My makeup is more even now. The bristles are super soft and I've never had any shedding. It's a good buy if you're not looking to spend a lot of cash.

on 9/12/2011 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Maybe it's because I have a large face. Or maybe it's because I have a lot of brushes. I like SK black handles brushes in general but was very disappointed in this particular brush.

First of all, it started shedding like a mofo as soon as I got it. Second, if you press on the fibers from the side, you will notice that there is a LOT of room inside the ferrule. That means it's not well-packed.

This brush is expensive for drugstore at $14.95 and I think there are much better options at this price range. If I could return this back to Target, I would, and get the Coastal Scents Bionic Buffer ($13.95) if I wanted another Flat Top. I am not a fan of CS or Crown brushes but this is the one exception. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this brush! I had a friend buy this for me from Target after I have read a lot of great reviews for this product. And I have no regrets! It applies my Revlon PhotoReady foundation seamlessly without the smudges and lines left when I use my fingers and my sponges. Plus it gets into the nooks and crannies of my nose where the foundation sometimes looks splotchy and flaky. I also use this for my NARS blush and for contouring powder! Works so much better than my angled brush in buffing the color and not making it look like I have a huge, muddy-looking brown stain on my cheeks. The size is absolutely a wonder for a girl like me who has a small face when most contour brushes are too big for me. And the stylish handle makes it easy to hold and control while applying my makeup each and every time. I LOVE THIS!

Popular Makeup Brushes