Burt's Bees Naturally Ageless Serum

4.2

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Tritium Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Borago Officinale (Borage) Seed Oil, Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Citrus Auranitium Amara (Bitter Orange) Oil, Rosa Damascena (Bulgarian Rose) Flower Oil, Lavandula Hybrida (Lavender) Oil, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Beta Carotene, Vegetable Oil

on 12/14/2008 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was so excited to find this on clearance at Walgreen's! And boy, am I glad I did not pay full price, because this serum broke me out like wild. After a week or so of using it nightly, I had to stop - I had pimples all over my face!. Another Burt's Bees product bites the dust.

on 12/11/2008 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought this product on impulse, it is very oily, so I was on the fence about using it. After reading the reviews, I'm very glad I tried it, but I didn't use it the conventional way. What I did find, is that adding a drop of this serum to my regular moisturizer, (Solvere) was the best thing I could do for my face for winter!!

I've since stopped using this, Solvere started to break me out an I found a more hydrating moisturizer. (Elta MD Intense)

on 12/1/2008 11:35:00 AM

LOVE, LOVE it!! Never thought a oil could feel so light, sinks right in to my skin doesn't feel oily at all! I LOVE the natural scent as well, don't think that is a negative since the scent doesn't stay and it is all natural! My skin felt sooooo smooth this morning, kept touching my face! I am hooked and this ONLY after one use!! I usally can tell right away if my skin agrees or not and it seems to love this oil! I do think that it is very expensive for the amount you get, will try e-bay next time!

on 12/1/2008 11:23:00 AM

I like the moisturizing effects of all the oils, but it definitely has not helped with fine lines. I think maybe even a little worse now? I can't decide if they really are worse or if I am just paying more attention. I actually really like the smell of the product but think I am going to have to move on to something else for now.

on 11/26/2008 11:25:00 AM

Updated 1/20/10

Soothing and healing for the skin.

I have dry/oily combination skin that is prone to every type of acne. I would never had bought this without the reviews since the ingredients are all oils and I would normally expect this to break me out. I have been using this every night and day for the last 2 years and I cannot and will not stop using.

Although I did not see any immediate line reduction, my skin is more resiliant, softer, and balanced. I feel like over time, I have seen less signs of aging or even a reversal of aging.

I no longer get a greasy face during the day probably because my skin already has what it needs and does not feel a need to produce anything.

If they discontinued this, I would cry.

on 11/26/2008 9:44:00 AM

Oh my!! This is a brilliant product, and now a bit of an obsession for me. This is what it's done for my face in 2 weeks: Diminished fine lines around my eyes, eased sunspots, eased blotchiness, and plumped and smoothed my skin overall. I have never been able to use an oil along my jawline or on my chin before due to breakouts, but this oil just moisturizes and tones my skin - no breakouts! I know have a quality of skin that I have never had before, and never thought I would have at 32! It has the added side effect of making me want to take better care of skin as well - drink more water, eat less sugar, etc., because I just want to hold on to the radiance that it imparts. I use it twice a day - in the morning right after I get out of the shower and my skin is plumped up and receptive, and then at night before I go to bed. It sinks in amazingly well for such a thick oil - no greasiness on the pillowcase. It also smells nice - not at all like it's companion eye and face lotion which are much stinkier. I am giving a bottle of this to my mother for Xmas. Yes, 25.oo is a little pricey, but when something works this well, it is worth every penny. It's made my skin flat out beautiful, and nothing, NOTHING has ever done that before! I do have to concentrate on not knocking the bottle over or dropping it when i apply - it's such a wee little thing - but I like the dropper idea. This is a great serum that goes well under makeup and pampers your skin wonderfully.

on 11/16/2008 11:19:00 AM

I like this product! Results good at first..Soaks in no breakouts..No huge changes either..I won't repurchase do to little changes and a big price tag...

on 11/8/2008 10:47:00 AM

I liked this after just a few days but decided to wait a few weeks to see how it fared. I love it. It's the best product I've used. I usually have problems with redness, blotchy patches and small bumps (not acne but not smooth) on my forehead. I've found this has evened out my skin tone and the bumps are gone. My skin seems more supple. I'm using a sheerer foundation as I don't need as much coverage. It has diminished the lines around my eyes. Pricewise I don't think it's bad at $25, however I went on ebay and just ordered 5 bottles for $50. I am 53 and have used everything from Olay to high end department store brands and this is the best!

on 10/26/2008 7:48:00 PM

I have sensitive, acne prone skin. Sunscreen makes me break out, SLS makes me break out, grapefruit oil makes me break out.... oh and I'm nursing. (Prior to being pregnant I was using Benzaclin and Differin 3 with great success) I don't know if I'd call this oil The Answer, but I've been using it for a week and my skin certainly doesn't look worse, in fact no breakouts at all, now that I think of it. We'll see how things look in a couple of weeks. I will say that the smell really isn't that bad. If you use oils on your skin (like Aveda's beautifying oil) this won't even notice the smell really.

on 10/18/2008 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Well I must admit that I've been using this for 3 short days and I will definitely update as time passes along. I did some research on some of the oils. They are very conducive to healing and collagen stimulation. Rosehip has a high amount of retinol and some vitamin C. Borage oil is also good for the skin. There is some research that shows that pomegranate helps with healing skin and is rich in vitamin C/antioxidants as well. Calendula also helps with healing. Some of the oils also have anti-inflammatory properties.

I like the packaging but I keep it in the small box it came in just in case, to preserve the antioxidant properties. The dropper is nice and I like that it has a slanted tip. Despite other reviews, I like the herb-y smell and you get used to it pretty quickly and it doesn't last long. Price wise, considering it's oils, it's a good deal in my opinion. Oils are NOT cheap and a little goes a long way. 3 drops could easily cover your face. It takes awhile to sink in (like 15 minutes) but leaves my face incredibly soft and supple.

So I stupidly picked a zit last night and I woke up this morning and it was angry red, inflamed and I was totally kicking myself. I put this oil on and rubbed in every so often in the morning and a couple of hours later, after some stinging, it calmed down quite a bit. I was impressed. As for the other benefits, I'm still waiting. My acne now is healing (I had it bad so I have lots to heal, thankfully minimal scarring but lots of redmarks!) so we'll see it if helps with the red marks and healing.

Anyways, for now, I give this 4 lippies. If it does more, I'll give it the last one (which I hope I do!) :)

Popular Treatments (Face)