October 24, 2014 | 1730 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - 6 Piece Brush Set

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by lwsege

Great bargain buy!! I got this in a bamboo cup and they are so cute in great in quality. Definitely recommend!!!

(1) Blush Brush
Soft and great, nothing to complain with. Apply perfectly for my Nars and Mac blushers.

(2) Eye Shading Brush
A bit stiff but still work well in padding in an overall eyeshadow to the eyelid.

(3) Eyeliner Brush
Great and use perfectly with my BB gel eyeliner, eyeshadows,etc. Can be use for tightlining, creating a sharp and precise eyeliner, eyebrows as well.

(4) Lash & Brow Groomer
Great (which is really out of my expectation)! I first use a eyebrow pencil to draw my eyebrow, then follow by using it to smudge the color. It's AWESOME! Nice and even! Another side is broken due to some accident,hahaha~ But it used to be a good lashes separator thou!

(5) Concealer Brush
Great!! Works perfectly for all of my concealer texture-wise.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by bemyanchor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this brush set. The brushes are sooo soft and lovely to use, especially since my skin is quite dry and sensitive. Everything applies so nicely, and without the irritation of too-stiff bristles or animal hair allergies.

The little pouch it comes with is nice. Personally, I don't carry makeup in my purse aside from lipgloss, but if you do carry it around with you, the pouch is the perfect size for a small stash and will keep all of your products together. Might use it for travel, but I think it might be a bit too small for all of my products.

Powder/Blush brush: sooo soft and luxuriously fluffy. The bristles are just stiff enough to give great application (I use a lot of powder products) without being uncomfortable against the skin. It's stayed soft and kept its shape well even after several washes.

Concealer brush: it is what it is. Personally, I really prefer a pointed concealer brush to get into the inner corner of my eyes easily, so this one is a bit too big for my taste. But it's what you would expect from a concealer brush, and again, it has the super soft bristles that make it comfortable to use.

Eyeshadow brush: great for applying color to large patches of skin, but not really for creases. I use this often to apply my base color and then use a smaller eyeshadow brush to add contouring colors in the crease. Lovely all-around brush. Could also be useful for applying powder to set concealer under the eyes or on blemishes.

Angled brush: Probably the one I use the least, since I use a pencil for my eyebrows and a liquid liner pen for eyeliner. But for applying dark shadows as liner, this brush is great. Just stiff enough to get precise application, but soft so that you don't feel like you're stabbing yourself in the eyes. The angle is great for lining both the top and bottom lid without it feeling awkward.

Eyebrow/lash brush: I never really use the lash side of these type of brushes because the teeth of the comb are always too thick to really separate the lashes, and this brush is no different. However, the brow side is fantastic because the bristles are soft, but still firm enough to help tame my unruly brows.

Overall, I don't think you can find a better set of brushes for the price. I think I paid $12 total, and I would have paid double that for this level of quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 2:41:00 AM More reviews by figuresk8r92

I absolutely love these brushes! I think was the first set of brushes that I purchased on my own, actually. I've had them for quite a while now. I threw away the little brush roll, since I keep my makeup in storage drawers. So that was kind of a waste. But the brushes themselves are wonderful. The powder brush is soft and fluffy, and has never shed on me. I've used it for liquid, creme, and powder foundations and it does a wonderful job blending. The concealer brush is probably my least favorite of the set, but I prefer a flat top brush to begin with. It's still high quality. The angled brush is great, I primarily use it to apply my MAC Fluidline. As for the eyeshadow? brush, I actually lost it. So I can't comment on that one. The eyebrow brush is good, no complaints but it didn't wow me, not that I expected it to. Overall, a great investment since they were completely inexpensive and have become my favorite brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Flyfrog

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Simply love these brushes! Very nice, good quality and very very reasonable price! I use them every day and clean every week and they still look and feel like brand new :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by pokerface757

Highly recommend these brushes, they are super soft, dont shed, easy to clean. A must have for your collection. ! A+

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by lhendrix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this set of brushes from Ecotools after reading all the great reviews here. The quality of the brushes are all great, reasonably soft, sturdy, haven't shed hair on me.

The face brush is great for setting powder, but I prefer to use a smaller brush for the cheeks alone. Very soft!

The eye shadow brush is nice, it's good for packing on colour, but is very stiff and it is hard to blend with.

The concealer brush is probably my favourite from the set. Very soft. I don't use it for actual concealer, but I use it with powder to set the concealer on my face. It's not stiff at all like the shadow brush and is great for eyeshadow as well.

The eyeliner brush I use only to fill in my brows and apply shadow to the lashline, but I can't fault it.

Finally, the eyebrow groomer/lash separator is fine, haha, I don't really use it for anything other than combing my brows in place after showering.

I'm looking to buy some more Ecotools brushes now, because these are so good and because I'm not made of money!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by MascaraJunkiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was the first brush set I bought from EcoTools. I love these brushes! I've washed them many times and there still in perfect condition. They last a long time! I got it mainly for the slanted eyeliner brush which is great for gel/cream eyeliner, filling in eyebrows, and the lower lash line. The blush brush is sooo soft and can be used for different things. I used the concealer brush for lipgloss mainly. The eyeshadow brush is good for cream products and eyeshadow. The eyelash/brow comb is good too. The bamboo roll is nice for traveling or putting in your purse. All in all these brushes are great in quality and price. I totally recommend these to everyone. (:

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by meggielynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

These brushes are amazing. I've had them for a few years now and they're still in perfect condition, despite numerous washes (just FYI, I use a mild soap, specifically Johnson's baby wash and I think that's why my brushes are in such good condition). They stay so soft! They do a really good job of applying makeup as well, in my opinion. The concealer brush is one of my faves because it blends makeup so well. I love love love the angled brush because it puts on eyeliner and darker eyeshadow just perfectly. I said I'd purchase these again, but I don't think I'll need to because their lasting power is so good! Even if I did need to replace them, I would definitely buy these again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Molleeeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

omg this brush set is amaaazing. ive never been able to afford mac and stuff like that :/ but i heard great reviews on this so i picked it up, and it had money of on it in boots and was only 15 for 5 brushes. I like how they are synthetic too, not keen on animal hair stuff. Also made with bamboo and the packaging is recycleable, which is all really good. the brushes are amazing quality for the price. the blusher brush is incredible! its so soft and packs on the colour perfectly. the eyeliner brush is great too, i use it on my eyebrows with a matte stila eyeshadow and it works well. The concealer, eyeshadow and the eyelash/eyebrow wand are also great. its a shame they didnt add another eyeshadow brush, one for the crease and one for the all over colour, but still these are amazing and will last you ages. id buy again without a doubt!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by BreeBee

All these brushes are excellent quality, they dont shed, they are soft, blend beautifully, come in a convienent case and are eco-friendly. Whats not to love? They didnt cost and arm and a leg either, I'm beyond satisfied with these, awesome brushes <3