December 19, 2014 | 1649 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Brow Wiz

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 7:45:00 AM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

This is hands down the best eyebrow pencil I've ever used. Stays on until you want to take it off, it's easy to apply, great color selection and it kind of always stay sharp(so you don't waste product and time on sharpening). Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Cheer15star

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Omg. I'm in love. I have the promade and I love it but it takes me 8 minutes to do both my brows. With the pencil it gives me a natural brow in 4.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

UGHH this is so expensive but screw you Anastasia for being soo good to me. Actually no, I take that back. THANK YOU for FINALLY catering to us Asians with grey brows. My Asian sistahs, if you have light grey brows, go for GRANITE, it is PERFECT. I originally had purchased this in Medium Ash and while it was an okay match (less red and brown undertones) it still didn't look quite right in natural light. I love how thin the tip is and how easy it is to build up.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by mskittynoir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

EBONY!!!

Perfect for my black brows! Yet not too Dark, still natural, just right!

I can get the edges so clean with this delicate pencil, smooth out with a concealer brush around the outer edge to get more definition.

I don't have hair on the sides of my eyebrows, with the Brow Wiz pencil you would never know!!! I powder in the shape, to fill in any sparse areas and get the fuller look, then brow wiz my way to glorious eyebrows!! Perfecto!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I rely heavily on filling my brows to obtain insta-hotness. I've had a long-term love affair with MUFE Aqua Brow. It definitely was smudgeproof, and it actually had a brown-black color that is really hard to find. Over the years that I've used it though, I realized that it was difficult to make my brows look natural with it and it didn't add much dimension to my sparse brows.

I decided to try Brow Wiz as a replacement. I can say I ADORE this product. I've used other brow pencils in the past (NYX, Rimmel, Wet n Wild). The Anastasia has a considerably firmer texture than the ones I've mentioned. I find that this gives you more control with how light/dark you want to fill your brows in. Also, I think that this is a great choice with those with oilier skin. Waxy brow pencils AND the MUFE tend to give me the "sweaty" brow look that is not cute IMO. I always prime my brows with eyeshadow primer, and I didn't see that this pencil had any trouble holding up. It also has a really fine tip that allows me to get crisp, clean lines ... especially at the bottom border of my brows where I like to draw my arch (drawing in at the top border looks more unnatural to me). I don't really use the spoolie that much, but it is nice to have especially when I go too heavy with the inner corner. The last selling point for me is that I can do my brows pretty fast with this pencil; whereas I really had to take my time with the MUFE. Priming + drawing in + setting with the Tinted Brow Gel takes me less than 2 minutes.

The color range is definitely something to write home about. MUFE does have more options (8), but many other lines would have 4-5 max. Anastasia offers 7 options, and I would say that there are 3 options for those with black hair depending on your taste. Brunette/Dark Brown works for those who prefer warmer toned brows, Ebony (which I use) is pretty neutral, and Granite is cooler-toned. For reference, I switched from MUFE Aqua Brow in #40. I would guess #35 = Granite, and #30 = Brunette/Dark Brown.

Natural is definitely the name of the game with this product. My mom tends to be brutally honest about my makeup. Ever since I've been using this product, she's been genuinely complimenting my brows. The guy I am seeing now is pretty damn good at spotting things like bronzer, highlighting, and fake lashes. I finally told him that I feel like I'm nothing without my brows, which he replied that he couldn't tell that I fill mine in. Those comments make this product a SCORE for me!

Despite its greatness, I do find that the pencil is pretty pricey for what it is. I've played with other higher end brow pencils as well. I really do feel like this is on a (higher) league of its own. Until I find a suitable replacement, I will stick with Anastasia.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by alliebegood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I rebought this pencil about 6 times but I am finally calling it quits. It runs out or breaks anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks into using it. Not really worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by RussianChick

If I could give this product zero lippies, I would. I was really excite to try this eyebrow pencil but now that I have.. I have no idea why there is so much hype around it. This is truly the worst eyebrow pencil I have ever used! It is horrid!! Awful. Words can't describe how much I hate it. I own it in the color soft brown and it literally vanishes from my eyebrows in a matter of minutes, without any disturbance/rubbing my face or sweating. It just comes right off. I can use the cheap Revlon eyeshadow that I have to fill in my eyebrows and get far better results. When I use the Revlon eyeshadow to fill in my brows, it almost lasts through my hour long cardio session at the gym, but when I use brow wiz it barely lasts long enough for me to walk out of the door with. I can't even imagine the performance of this pencil in humid areas. I am so disappointed with it. It was a complete waste of money. If I could return it, I would. I would never buy it again and would not recommend it to anyone. Ever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by beachesatnormandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I thought this product would be a HG but it hasn't reached that status yet. It is a very very good product and does everything it promises. I had been using a Revlon brow pencil prior to this, and the Brow Wiz blows it out of the water. The color match is much better, and it doesn't look as unnatural. The thin pencil is a pro and a con. It allows for a precise application but I am always worried I will break it. It is costly, but I think the brow wiz is worth it for those of us who are obsessed with keeping our brow game on point.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by elidee14

This is the first pencil brow filler i've used and really really like it. It's not too creamy or too dry. It looks natural. I think it's easier to fill in you eyebrows with a pencil because you have more control over it. After i fill my eyebrows in i set it with an eyeshadow. Since i have extremely oily skin it fades a little at the beggining of my brows when i blot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 7:25:00 AM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will continue to repurchase this excellent product. I think there are other items at a cheaper price point that will do the same thing (the Sephora brand, MAC pencil, and Maybelline define-a-brow are all great options) but where the Anastasia Brow Wiz stands above its competitors are in the colour shades. As opposed to other brands, Anastasia manages to put out appropriately cool, ashy tones that appear very natural against more skin tones, and for me, nothing has come close to the Brow Wiz in that regard.

This pencil is not at all creamy or overly pigmented- in fact if you run it against the back of your hand you will struggle to get a clear swatch. But this really helps to create natural, light strokes that mimic hair and create a flattering brow shape.

The best I've tried! Highly recommended!