August 2, 2014 | 1570 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by oxfordjrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this as was running out of my avon magix primer and while I was happy with it, I always like to try different products. I originally wanted to get the Bourjois primer balm, but at £9.99 it was way too expensive. I got this instead, I think it was £6.99? Which is a more reasonable price. It has a medium consistency with a very silky texture. I would highly recommend for dry skin as it blends so easily and mattifies without drying. It smells good and kept my oily/combination skin matte until the end of the day with a full face of make up. My only miss-givings about this product is that it contains no SPF, which my last primer had at the same price, but apart from that, I would definitely recommend/repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by azngirl7979

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My holy grail primer would have to be the Smashbox photo finish primer light, but this is my second favorite. It doesn't make my skin as smoothe as the smashbox one, but this does sink into my skin pretty well. It actually controls my oil pretty well. I will still get a little oily throughout the day, but much better than if I didn't use one as well. It is so cheap I would recommend it to anyone,
On a side note, I know a lot of people complain about the tinted color of the primer. The tint doesn't even transfer unless you use a ridiculous amount. It sounds weird, but I think it just makes your face more glowy and it does not emphasize redness, so no worries!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by mmmaggie

This I have repurchased. As far as drugstore goes, this is the only primer I have ever liked.
PROS: It feels like a moisturizer but without any of the oiliness some have. I like that it has a colour, it does wear into the skin but it makes mine look more vibrant.
CONS: colour range
DUPE: MAC Prep + Prime Fortified Skin Enhancer in Recharge

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by DisneyAnimeFan92

I tried this product for the first time today after buying it on a whim when I went to CVS for mascara. I had a Sephora primer sample, and that was the first primer I had ever tried. It worked pretty well, but it's almost gone now, and I didn't feel like heading to a Sephora store or paying a ton in shipping and handling to have more delivered when I knew there was a highly recommended drugstore brand primer that I could get right down the street.

This primer went through the ultimate test today. It's an extremely humid spring day, the kind of day where I sweat A LOT and my oily skin completely destroys any makeup I attempt to put on. I've had this primer on under my foundation and concealer for almost seven hours, and despite teary allergy eyes, massive amounts of sweat, and a little oil breakthrough from the humidity, everything is still in place. Even my favorite L'Oreal blush, which normally doesn't last the entire day, is still visible on my cheeks. Needless to say, I am very, very impressed.

The apricot color of the primer, which other reviewers have complained about, did scare me when I opened the tube for the first time. l I have dark brown skin with yellow and red undertones, so had the primer been pigmented, it would have been unwearable for me. Luckily, it turns clear once it's blended, and I didn't notice any trace of orange on my skin when I applied it or hours later when sweat and oil mixed with it. It made my skin feel smooth and even, and almost felt like a second moisturizer. I'm so glad I took a chance and tried this out, and will certainly buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by ncdecolover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product works great on me. I particularly like the fact that it seems to either absorb or act as a barrier to the oil that always tends to break through on my nose after 2-3 hours.

My only complaint is that I think Rimmel either needs to offer a colorless version of this product or a lighter shade than 01, which I bought. My skin is in the 15 range so 01 is reallytoo dark on me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by eyeshadowforall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

My warning: I'm ALLERGIC to this!!! I'm REALLY ticked off cause this was expensive! if you have sensitive skin, invest in something using natural ingredients instead of wasting $12 on this thing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

I know that the apricot colour is scary but all it does is brighten ur skin a bit. No pink face, I promise. As far as staying power goes, this helps my face stay matte for 6+ hours. Doesn't feel rubbery or slippery when I put it on either.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by kk71350

I have combination/dry skin, and I put this product to the ultimate test when I wore it under my foundation for prom. It was about 80 degrees in the building and with dancing, EVERYONE was sweating, oily, and shiny. My face stayed matte the entire night, and I did not reapply anything and I did not have on a lot of powder. This product is wonderful. I highly recommend it if you have my type of skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by bethy999

I've never been a big fan of dropping a ton of cash on a tiny bottle of makeup, no matter how great it is. I recently discovered primer and decided to give it a try for myself (but didn't want to pay a ton of money). My husband and I are currently stationed overseas so we don't have a huge selection, and I'm so fair skinned so when I found this (in white) I was a little worried. But it's more like a white lotion than white theater makeup (what I was expecting lol) and it makes my foundation SO much smoother and hides all the blemishes. Now I just feel like I've been missing out for the past few years lol. LOVE this, and it smells awesome too.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by PinkGrapefruit14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was the first primer that I ever tried and at first I wasn't too fond of it. I didn't like that it was orange in color and I really didn't like the consistency of it.

I recently tried this primer again, and I have to say that compared to the other more expensive primers I've tried, it's not all that bad! The orange color disappears into your skin and doesn't affect the color of your foundation. It's easy to smooth and blend into the skin (unlike L'Oreal Skin Perfecting Base), it prolongs the wear of my foundation, and really does make my foundation look smoother.

Overall, I think it's a good product for the price. Would I buy it again? I probably will not for a while since I like to try new products all the time, but I would recommend it to anyone looking for an inexpensive primer that works.