October 20, 2014 | 1867 users online

Styling Products - John Frieda - Frizz-Ease Hair Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2009 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Tickle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm quite impressed with this product, I've tried Silk Fusion and Silk Therapy and I have to admit I was extremely pleased. I suppose I had low expectations. What a reasonably priced product too! It softens, protects and provides a wonderful shine.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by trixie01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The price is right, but I'm realizing more and more that I just don't do well with silicone-based products. I followed the instructions every which way, even used less than they recommended and it still was very gunky and oily -- especially the next day. I also tried putting it on in the shower and combing it through, but no such luck. Moving on....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Desiree12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a must in my collection. I use this after I wash my hair, and it leaves it so silky smooth whether I leave it dry naturally or blow dry. I've been growing my hair out long, and I always get asked what I've done to make my hair look so good. I use this as well as the John Freida Secret Weapon Finishing Creme and even my stylist is impressed with how flawless and smooth my hair is. It truly is what helps my trims last, and I get them every 3 months!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2009 4:30:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

A decent dupe for Redken's Glass. It keeps my blowout silky after I've finished flat-ironing it and controls frizz quite well. However, I don't get the same amount of shine from this serum that I do from Glass. This product has a viscous quality that I don't like; it's not as lightweight as other serums I've used. I'd probably repurchase if I was running low on cash.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 2:04:00 AM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I thought it was just me until I saw that just 16% of reviewers would buy this product again. I thought it was just me so much that I bought and attempted this product a few times. Greasy, weighs the hair down while still looking frizzy is not my idea of a good time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 4:45:00 AM More reviews by abrad1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This is defintely my HG! I don't know what I would do without it. Before I started using this product, I had splits ends. This product has stopped split ends in its tracks. My hair grows extremely fast, thank God for that. With this prodct, it actually controls frizzes and allows my hair to grow down to my butt. If you already have oily hair, I think this will just weigh it down. I have dry unruly hair. This is is must in my collection and I am never without it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2009 2:39:00 AM More reviews by 0heather0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This serum is weird. It adds no shine whatsoever, it's sticky and thick and hard to spread, and it basically just coats the hair in a greasy layer, making it look very dull and dirty. This stuff reminds me of melted plastic--that's how it looks and feels. Probably the worst serum I've tried. Try Chi Silk Infusion.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 3:42:00 AM More reviews by SourPunkGrrL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this product for years and I've had nothing but great results. Just a few drops makes my hair shiny and silky. Not to mention it helps straighten out my waves if I use a blow-dryer.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2009 11:32:00 AM More reviews by rckprincess001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have thick/curly-wavy/long hair and it took quite a bit of this product to add SOME shape and uniformity to my curls. the messyness didn't really bother me but i don't like having to put so much product in my hair for it to work.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2009 10:34:00 AM More reviews by DottySarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Used to have poker straight healthy black hair but with age (gahh) my hair has thinned, become lanky and after using hair straightener for 2 months completely out of control damaged and frizzy. If left to dry naturally and brushed normally I would have horribly curly frizzy hair and would spend hours straightening them with a hair dryer.

Bought this serum for 13 Euros, and applied it to slightly damp hair by rubbing on fingers and running them over hair. Hair dryer for a minute or two after that and my hair was flat. Not poker straight, there still was slight frizz but straight. DO NOT use more than a walnut size or it will make your hair greasy. I bought this bottle 4 months ago and still have an inch left. Does what it says, is worth the money and i will buy again.