John Frieda Frizz-Ease Hair Serum

3.1

on 9/27/2009 4:27:00 PM

This serum KILLS frizz. I have dry hair near the roots and it's all frizzy there. Also, at the top of my head, I have fly-aways. I saw this serum at the drugstore and decided to give it a try and now I really really like it! It smells nice, adds shine, smooths and I think it even makes my hair straighter (my natural hair is straight). I have thick, medium-coarse hair, so I use about 5-8 drops. It doesn't feel greasy at all (unless you put a lot at the roots, but I don't think anyone would be silly enough to do that). It's long-lasting, and best of all-it works! I'd totally buy this again and I would recommend this for anyone looking for frizz-control.

Thank the lord for John Frieda products! Especially this one. I have fine-ish hair, but I also have LOTS of it, so it appears quite thick. Thanks to having two curly-haired parents, my hair is wavy on top with ringlets forming at the ends. However, any sign of drizzle or humid weather and it frizzes up from the roots (which is more frustrating than any straight-haired girl can imagine).

I've tried other frizz treatments, including Nicky Clarke, but they never quite made the grade as far as I was concerned. Then I decided to try this, having given up on more expensive products, and so far (it's been nearly two months now) I'm very impressed! It doesn't give my hair that greasy shine, nor does it make my hair feel crunchy like I used a styling mousse. It's surprisingly light once applied, although I admit I do need to use the extra strength formula for my untamed locks.

Overall, I would recommend this to anyone who wants more control over their style, but doesn't want to end up with greasy or crunchy hair. Controlled but natural, are the words I would use to describe the results this serum gives. Good price, good packaging, great product!

on 9/19/2009 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I used some of my roommates & I only tried this on straight hair, but considering I pretty much only use serum on straight hair, I think its okay to write a review.

So this stuff smells greaat. I just want to keep smelling it all day, lol. Anyway, so this is very concentrated (its thick, like a gell). Love that! My thick (usually curly, but straight in this instance), frizzy hair needs something heavy (my hair never gets greasy, haha) & I only had to use one pump of this(: It smooth my hair wonderfully and left it nice and soft.

I hate that they give you so little product, but with only needing one pump (for now, my hair is slightly below my shoulders. When it grows back out I'll probably need two) so it should last a while & I'll definitely be purchasing (well, this or the Extra strength, undecided on which)

on 7/22/2009 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product works pretty well when I go for the wavy look. My hair is weird in it's natural state; partially straight and partially wanna-be waves..so it takes a lot of work to get it to be nice and wavy. I'm still looking for a product to give me what I want..but anyway the frizz ease hair serum definitely keeps the frizz down. I use this in conjunction with other products for waves and it seems to work well with other products as well as on it's own. I like how my hair absorbs this stuff..never comes out greasy. I don't really have a frizz problem when I straighten my hair so I've never used it for that. Overall it's a good product that I will buy again.

on 7/19/2009 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I choose this serum because it is fragrance free, bad choice it is way too heavy for my fine long hair.

I had better results with the biosilk (I rate that with a 4).

on 7/12/2009 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm quite impressed with this product, I've tried Silk Fusion and Silk Therapy and I have to admit I was extremely pleased. I suppose I had low expectations. What a reasonably priced product too! It softens, protects and provides a wonderful shine.

on 7/10/2009 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The price is right, but I'm realizing more and more that I just don't do well with silicone-based products. I followed the instructions every which way, even used less than they recommended and it still was very gunky and oily -- especially the next day. I also tried putting it on in the shower and combing it through, but no such luck. Moving on....

on 7/5/2009 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a must in my collection. I use this after I wash my hair, and it leaves it so silky smooth whether I leave it dry naturally or blow dry. I've been growing my hair out long, and I always get asked what I've done to make my hair look so good. I use this as well as the John Freida Secret Weapon Finishing Creme and even my stylist is impressed with how flawless and smooth my hair is. It truly is what helps my trims last, and I get them every 3 months!

on 6/17/2009 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

A decent dupe for Redken's Glass. It keeps my blowout silky after I've finished flat-ironing it and controls frizz quite well. However, I don't get the same amount of shine from this serum that I do from Glass. This product has a viscous quality that I don't like; it's not as lightweight as other serums I've used. I'd probably repurchase if I was running low on cash.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I thought it was just me until I saw that just 16% of reviewers would buy this product again. I thought it was just me so much that I bought and attempted this product a few times. Greasy, weighs the hair down while still looking frizzy is not my idea of a good time!

Popular Styling Products