Green Tea Tea-Bag Toner

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

green tea (tea bags or leaves), preferably organic. step 1: brew a cup and drink. step 2: massage the used tea bag on cleansed face :D or:: you can refrigerate the teabags to use them cold, or use a cotton ball dipped in the tea on your face rather than teabags...whatever you feel comfortable with :)

It is fun to make your own toner that's just a start! I boil one tea bag to every cup of water, I bought to travel containers from walmart. I keep my mix in the fridge, and make a new batch every 2 weeks. I swear my skin looks so nice, my makeup is looking better and most important the unwanted oils are getting kicked to the curb ladies. Normally, by the end of the day, I can feel my face getting oily without touching it, now I am touching my face to see if it really is true, yes we are a match together forever. Beware to make sure you use a moisturizer daily, this tightens within minutes, which is great but you don't want the fine dehydration lines to step in from lack of moisture.

Yes it's true!! Green Tea is probably the best toner u can use. I have acne problems and also oily skin in my forehead and nose. I've been using Green tea as a toner for over a year now. Since it's been a long time, it seems that my skin is like resistant to it now, so I tried new brands like Mario Badescu, Kiehl's, Sisley, La Mer and Clinique. EVERY SINGLE time I stopped using green tea and tried a new toner, I broke out and had redness. Green tea is AMAZING the first months u use it, unfortunately, after a year it looses its anti acne effects, but other than that u can use it all year round and will make u glow A MUST HOMEMADE REMEDY FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS BEAUTIFUL COMPLEXION

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Thanks for all of the reviews! I have been using for just two weeks the green tea bags that my husband lets in his cup (inexpensive and fresh ha-ha), every morning after wash my face.... and the change is dramatic! I have mild rosacea and my skin react to almost everything, so my skin looked inflamed and red almost all the time, and that at 44 made more evident the firming loss of my my face! Well ladies, green tea has control the oil, shrink my pores like nothing else, calm the redness and act as anti-inflamatory to the point I don't need anymore my metro-lotion. Well it doesn't firm my skin (well I didn't expect that), but I look more normal for my age, and even my husband complimented my skin without makeup!!! HG? Absolutely! Just don't pass the bag on your undereye area because in the same way it controls oil it will dry it....and nobody wants that for sure!

Wow! This product is amazing as a toner. After about a week of using this, my acne scars have faded significantly, and it leaves my skin feeling clean and refreshed. I take one tea bag, and leave it in a glass of hot water for about an hour, let it cool down, then transfer the tea into a jar, and refridgerate it until i need to use it. It's great, it's natural, and it's cheap!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'v been letting the tea bags sit under my eyes everyday for about 10 mins or more. And i have actually noticed that my dark circles are slightly faded and brighter!! im sooo happy!!!! i also put the green tea all over my face and leave it on all day or over night and my skin is much more radiant! My skin looks great! All the great benefits that green tea delivers to your skin just makes me feel great when i use it too!. Make sure to use only 100% organic green tea though :) i will continue to use forever! I LOVE GREEN TEA! Its not just awesome for your face but your health too & its yummy! lol like seriously i drink about 5 cups of it a day! XD

I love using Green Tea as a toner! I also mix Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar with it about a 50/50 mixture. I make a really strong cup of tea and bought small plastic bottles to store it in. This combo has really reduced my pores and faded red marks, less break outs and oiliness too! There are so many Natural skin care recipes you can make with Green Tea!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This removes as much dirt from my skin as a typical toner such as the LUSH tea tree toner which makes me think that most toners are probably just water!

I use Tetley's DECAF Green tea, it is excellent as a toner, leaves my skin clean, smooth and refreshed.
I have noticed a change in my skin since I started using this and have had comments from friends about my "glowing" skin!
I have much less breakouts and small bumps under my skin too.

It has to be kept in the fridge to keep it fresh and I make a new bottle of this stuff every two weeks.

This is the best idea ever. its helps dark circles, skin and body. I think this is a lovely way to save money and it works miracles. Natural work best and way cheaper!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I was on here and some how came across this. I'm so glad I did. Lately I have been on a natural kick meaning I'm trying all the natural oils(jojoba,sunflower,coconut,olive, and safflower oils). This never crossed my mind to use green tea as a toner! It's amazing for your body when you drink it so why not try it as a toner. I have been drinking a ton of white tea which has more antioxidants than green tea. I put a little of the white tea on my cotton ball and swiped it on my face. I just let in air dry and sink in, it took about a minute to dry. It felt very refreshing on and after it dried I put on my moisturizer. Guess what, my pores were tighter already! I'm going to do this morning after I wash my face and at night! I will update to share my results. Thanks so much girls for sharing this with everyone!:):)

Update: Been using this for a week now and I'm still loving this. I have been doing this day and night. My pores are getting a lot tighter and my skin tone is looking great. Will keep this up.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've always been rather "meh" regarding toners (even pure rose water didn't thrill me) but after reading the rave reviews I decided to brew my own and give it a shot. I use one green tea bag and one chamomile bag (to help with redness and sensitivity), add about a 1/4 cup of water in a mug and microwave for 5 minutes to make a very strong brew. I then keep it in the fridge so it keeps longer and so the chill calms my skin post cleansing.

I have annoying little flakes all around my nose that never go away no matter how much I chem peel, sugar scrub, or moisturize. After one application they were gone. I was amazed. My face was incredibly soft, my MMU went on smoother & lasted longer, and I didn't get as oily as I normally do during the course of the day. I stopped using it for a week when I went on vacation and could immediately tell my face was rougher and those darn flakes returned. I'm committing to using this stuff long term and hope if I give it long enough it will help with my facial redness.

You can customize it all sorts of ways, too. I'm thinking of adding some aloe and honey to my next batch. I got my mom hooked on it and she loves it. I recommend everyone try green tea toner and least once! It's cheap, easy, and 100% natural.

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products