Green Tea Tea-Bag Toner

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

green tea (tea bags or leaves), preferably organic. step 1: brew a cup and drink. step 2: massage the used tea bag on cleansed face :D or:: you can refrigerate the teabags to use them cold, or use a cotton ball dipped in the tea on your face rather than teabags...whatever you feel comfortable with :)

on 5/6/2010 5:38:00 PM

Wow! This product is amazing as a toner. After about a week of using this, my acne scars have faded significantly, and it leaves my skin feeling clean and refreshed. I take one tea bag, and leave it in a glass of hot water for about an hour, let it cool down, then transfer the tea into a jar, and refridgerate it until i need to use it. It's great, it's natural, and it's cheap!

on 4/6/2010 7:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'v been letting the tea bags sit under my eyes everyday for about 10 mins or more. And i have actually noticed that my dark circles are slightly faded and brighter!! im sooo happy!!!! i also put the green tea all over my face and leave it on all day or over night and my skin is much more radiant! My skin looks great! All the great benefits that green tea delivers to your skin just makes me feel great when i use it too!. Make sure to use only 100% organic green tea though :) i will continue to use forever! I LOVE GREEN TEA! Its not just awesome for your face but your health too & its yummy! lol like seriously i drink about 5 cups of it a day! XD

on 3/25/2010 1:26:00 PM

I love using Green Tea as a toner! I also mix Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar with it about a 50/50 mixture. I make a really strong cup of tea and bought small plastic bottles to store it in. This combo has really reduced my pores and faded red marks, less break outs and oiliness too! There are so many Natural skin care recipes you can make with Green Tea!

on 3/25/2010 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This removes as much dirt from my skin as a typical toner such as the LUSH tea tree toner which makes me think that most toners are probably just water!

I use Tetley's DECAF Green tea, it is excellent as a toner, leaves my skin clean, smooth and refreshed.
I have noticed a change in my skin since I started using this and have had comments from friends about my "glowing" skin!
I have much less breakouts and small bumps under my skin too.

It has to be kept in the fridge to keep it fresh and I make a new bottle of this stuff every two weeks.

on 2/23/2010 12:01:00 PM

This is the best idea ever. its helps dark circles, skin and body. I think this is a lovely way to save money and it works miracles. Natural work best and way cheaper!

on 1/20/2010 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I was on here and some how came across this. I'm so glad I did. Lately I have been on a natural kick meaning I'm trying all the natural oils(jojoba,sunflower,coconut,olive, and safflower oils). This never crossed my mind to use green tea as a toner! It's amazing for your body when you drink it so why not try it as a toner. I have been drinking a ton of white tea which has more antioxidants than green tea. I put a little of the white tea on my cotton ball and swiped it on my face. I just let in air dry and sink in, it took about a minute to dry. It felt very refreshing on and after it dried I put on my moisturizer. Guess what, my pores were tighter already! I'm going to do this morning after I wash my face and at night! I will update to share my results. Thanks so much girls for sharing this with everyone!:):)

Update: Been using this for a week now and I'm still loving this. I have been doing this day and night. My pores are getting a lot tighter and my skin tone is looking great. Will keep this up.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've always been rather "meh" regarding toners (even pure rose water didn't thrill me) but after reading the rave reviews I decided to brew my own and give it a shot. I use one green tea bag and one chamomile bag (to help with redness and sensitivity), add about a 1/4 cup of water in a mug and microwave for 5 minutes to make a very strong brew. I then keep it in the fridge so it keeps longer and so the chill calms my skin post cleansing.

I have annoying little flakes all around my nose that never go away no matter how much I chem peel, sugar scrub, or moisturize. After one application they were gone. I was amazed. My face was incredibly soft, my MMU went on smoother & lasted longer, and I didn't get as oily as I normally do during the course of the day. I stopped using it for a week when I went on vacation and could immediately tell my face was rougher and those darn flakes returned. I'm committing to using this stuff long term and hope if I give it long enough it will help with my facial redness.

You can customize it all sorts of ways, too. I'm thinking of adding some aloe and honey to my next batch. I got my mom hooked on it and she loves it. I recommend everyone try green tea toner and least once! It's cheap, easy, and 100% natural.

on 12/20/2009 1:07:00 AM

I decided to try green tea toner after reading the reviews on here. I poured a gallon of water into a pot and then tossed in about 5-6 tea bags. In hindsight, that was probably overkill, but I was excited. Anyway, I brought the water to a boil and then let the mixture simmer until it was as brewed as it could possibly be. I let it cool and poured it back into the gallon container and stored it in the fridge. I'm not sure how long it will last, but it's convenient because I can pour a mug of it and heat it in the microwave, or pour a little out and dip a cotton ball into it to use as the toner. I have only used this for a few days, but I have to say WOW I am so impressed! I applied the toner to my clean face, and it felt really good. I swabbed my whole face thoroughly using enough to leave it a bit wet, switching cotton balls often to ensure cleanliness. I let my face air dry. Then I applied a little moisturizer. Almost immediately my acne was calmed down and my pores looked amazing. I'm talking smaller, smoother, clearer. I stared at them up close in my mirror for a long time. I'm totally psyched. I'm going to start regularly applying in the morning and evening. This is awesome for oily skin, it really takes out the oil. For this reason I personally wouldn't use it around my eyes, and since it can be drying, a little moisturizer might be necessary. Next I am going to try the recipe another reviewer posted with the apple cider vinegar....I want flawless skin too! :)

on 12/5/2009 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I use this everyday. I make a cup of green tea and let it cool, then apply it morning and night with a cotton ball after I wash my face with Cetaphil gentle cleanser. I really like how it makes my skin feel- refreshed and clean. I have moderate acne and extreme redness and irritation on my chin. It only seems to reduce redness but nothing dramatic. But I like the way it makes my skin feel: very clean without being dried out.

on 11/17/2009 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this! It is soo easy to make and it cost me only $2.99 for a box of organic green tea. I brew at night and let it cool down until its ready to go in the fridge. In the morning I apply it with a cotton ball to my face. Since it is cold, it makes a nice early morning skin refresher. My skin doesn't break out and in fact has a healthy flush. My skin felt very soft and it also seems to help clean out pores for me which is a plus.

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products