July 23, 2014 | 2066 users online

Highlighters - Christian Dior - Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by flauntit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ooh, look at that glow! This highlighter has quite a reputation, I've seen it be called one of the best highlighters over and over again, some arguing it may be #1. I had to try it after all the positive reviews! I choose Amber Diamond over Rose Diamond as warmer colors compliment my skintone (NC) better.

When you glide your finger across the beautiful design, you can see the beautiful blend of colors working together to produce an unreal glow. It's not a bundle of crazy sparkles or a very slight sheen that is almost invisible to the eye till the right lighting hits your face. It's quite dimensional and it has a depth that is hard to describe. The pearl on the one side of the product combines with the bronze-orange color on the opposite side to make great results. Now, this amazing glow was easy to produce from me swatching it...

But applying it proved to be a little difficult! I tried my Sonia Kashuk highlight brush (her stippling blush), a blush brush, this travel powder brush I got from Sephora long ago that I know picks up product really well, all these different ways and yet that beautiful glow wasn't transfering to my face. I had a nice highlight but it wasn't anything special. The swatch made my jaw drop, why such mediorce results? Two things helped me apply it more efficiently. A fan brush has proved to be my best tool for highlighting, I use the one from ELF. Also I don't know if my Amber Diamond might be quite faulty, but if I rub the top layer quite a bit, the fan brush picks up the product much easier. I know with blushes the top layer can 'harden' from oils transfering from the brush to the blush, so maybe the same happened with my highlighter? Maybe mine is faulty in some way, because I haven't seen this to be a big issues for anyone else...

But now that applying it is much easier for me, I love it. As I've gotten a darker tan, I'm really starting to appreciate it a lot more. I think NARS albatross highlighter really compliments my skintone when I'm NC15, but Amber Diamond is great when I'm darker (although I'd love to be reunited with Albatross again to see how it would look on me now...darn it for breaking :( Oh well)
The glow will remain on my face for hours, which is great! Nothing is more disappointing than a highlight fading really fast, I want to glow all day - not for just an hour or two! I love pairing this with bronzer, coral blush, and warmer-toned eye colors. For cooler-toned looks, I tend to use my Boots High Lights Illuminating Lotion as it compliments better with it's pink undertoned.

'Pricey' doesn't even cut it - it's expensive. Simple as that. But you get a lot of product for that amount of money, I can't see me running out of this at all any time soon! The packaging is bulky but it doesn't feel too weighty and feels well made. I've gotten some wonky packaging for expensive products, but this fits the luxurious brand quite well. It wouldn't hurt to be a little slimmer...but I won't argue it too much! :)

I gave this a 4, but really I'd give it a 4.5! Is it the best...I'm not sure. Can't really deem it the best. Now, is it ONE of the best or better quality highlighters on the market? Yes :) Check it out!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by MyNameIsNorah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I had been looking for the best highlighter for few months or maybe a year. I read and heard a lot of reviews about different products such as NARS Albatross, Benefit High beam, Moon beam and MAC cream bases. I even went to the stores , swatched them and didn't like them - They seem to be glittery, then I saw this in MUA Top Picks and I was interested because I had never heard of it so I went to Sephora, swatched it and I kinda liked it, but I had higher hopes because of all the positive reviews here. Well, I've been using it for few weeks now (mainly on the cheekbones) and it's awesome! Thank you, ladies in MUA!
The shimmer is so fine and doesn't show up. It just makes you look "glamorous and glowy". I think this is what they use on models and celebrities. The secret exposed :)
Yes, it's expensive, but it will last you forever. Go and get it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 5:09:00 AM More reviews by iheartNARS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amber Diamond was well worth the splurge!! The shimmer is very fine and does not look glittery or chunky. It provides a beautify glow and have gotten several complements while wearing this. It is perfect for highlighting the tops of my cheekbones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 3:45:00 AM More reviews by pensopera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Dior Shimmer Powder in Amber Diamond 002 ( 0.35 oz for $44 usd) is a finely milled subtle highlighter. Amber Diamond comes in 5 different shades within the brown Dior signature compact, from a vanilla, a champagne, a dark brown, a medium brown and a light peach. When they swirl together, they creates a soft subtle glowing effect without looking like a disco ball. The shimmers are very fine, it gives the cheek bones a soft understated sheen similar to Guerlain Meteorites. The product size is huge compare to a standard 0.20 oz, so you get 0.15 oz more of the product which will last a couple of years with a daily usage. Amber Diamond is perfect for all skin tones and undertones weather you are fair or deep, this will looks great on you.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by clramos81

OK soooo I am in LOVE!!!! This is THE most beautiful lit from within glow! I am the queen of highlighters and this one is the best. It is so finely milled it casts the most perfect glow. This is def my HG of daytime highlighters! it can be layered heavier for a night or i will use a "glitterier" highlight like Mac MSF in soft & gentle on top or layer the Dior over a Mac cream color base like pearl or shell. PERFECTION!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by silverlilly

This is a beautiful highlighter that gives a golden glow without being sparkly or OTT. It's pricey but worth it because this can be used as a gorgeous eyeshadow and brow highlighter to create various looks. So far, I've been pairing the second strip from the right with Satin Taupe for a glowy, sun-kissed look that really brings out the green and gold in my eyes. I arrived to work today and was told I was "glowing"! This was with Satin Taupe on the lid, the colour mentioned above in the crease, and the second strip from left as a highlight. This stuff is soooo finely milled it just melts into your skin and seems to become part of you...I love it!
EDIT: I still love this and use it every day. Absolutely do not regret spending $45CAD on this - I use it daily as a shadow and highlight and it's so glowy and flattering!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 2:29:00 AM More reviews by DarinaArt

I had no idea what the hype was about. I mean, its just a highlighter. Sheesh. But when I finally got the chance to swatch this in sephora, it was unlike anything I'd ever seen.
This makes my other highlighters, ie. Smashbox and Benefit high beam, cower in shame. I'm actually quite upset it took me this long to find it, wasting my money on other products.
I am nw20-25 for reference and it is perfect for cool tones as well as warm. I use this as an eyeshadow on occasion as well. It worth every penny for product and packaging.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

It's not unique. I found a few dupe's for this one in one day of shopping. I have tested it and worn it, but it's not worth the $44 that we pay. It has nice packaging, but it's a basic highlighter. You can buy Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips in either Malibu or Miami. Bobbi Brown makes a Shimmer Brick in Beige that is another dupe. The price of the B.B. is only $4 less than the Dior, but the P.F. is only $12. It also doubles as eyeshadow. The powders are made in Italy, have a great quality, and they last all day. I took into account the shade match, texture, lasting power, and availability.
Victoria's Secret highlighter powder in White Hot is good for fair or light skin, but it is limited so get it asap.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by ashah43

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product! I have tried Nars..and Mac mineralize finishes..and this is the best highlighter of them all. It gives a natural glowing finish and makes me look so radiant! It is the priciesst of all the HL i have tried but it is totally worth it! It comes in a very cute velvet case also..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by playsomevinyl

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This highlighter is gorgeous and a little goes a long way. I'm able to achieve a nice, refined, glowy sheen that isn't over the top, but just pretty. I've tried highlighters from Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, Benefit, NARS, but none compare to this. Dior is the winner. Packaging is lovely as always and you get a generous amount of product. One compact should last for years.