Korres Lip Butter - Quince

4.1

Polybutene, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Hydroxystearic Acid, Polyethylene, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Tocopherol, Aroma (Flavor), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Chaenomeles Japonica Seed Extract, Oryza Sativa Cera (Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Linalool, Limonene, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 12/12/2008 10:20:00 PM

I bought Korres' Quince Lip Butter hoping for a tinted lip balm that would really make a difference in my chronically dry lips while still being pretty and flattering.

The results ended up falling a little short of my expectations. The color in the tub (I hate dipping my fingers into a pot of tinted balm; it's unsanitary and gets under my nails) is a pink-coral-rose shade, very pretty and springy. On my medium-pigmented rosy lips, I get a sheer rose with a touch of coral. It's slightly shiny, not as intensely glossy as a true lip gloss, but more shiny than a regular lip balm. The scent is a nice, tropical fruity type scent, again, very springy/summery. It's bordering on being a little TOO fruity/sweet for me, but I tend to avoid food/fruit scented things that aren't actually food/fruit, so keep that in mind.

The downside was that this was nowhere near as moisturizing as I needed it to be. It felt nice on my lips and seemed to leave them feeling a little less parched while it was on, but there wasn't any long-term softening/smoothing and the lip butter seemed to wear off quickly.

PROS: (1) pretty, flattering color; (2) looks less made up than a regular lip gloss, making it perfect for a casual, but still polished look; (3) container has a small plastic insert to protect the lip butter from dust/dirt.

CONS: (1) unhygienic pot-style container; (2) not moisturizing enough; (3) wears off more quickly than I'd like.

on 12/9/2008 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Quince in the Korres Lip Butter is more of a deep pink. It looks very natural on the lip as it is sheer.

Pros: Great consistancy, a touch of color and really keeps lips hydrated.

Cons: The tub! I hate sticking my finger in the jar. It would probably be best applied with an applicator or brush but its not convenient to tote one around. So the finger it is. Finger application looks fine too for the record its just I find it unsanitary.

Its a bit pricey at $9.00 but it is well worth it in my opinion.

I do love this product. Its just enough color & shine for me. I have it in 3 colors. Just wish it were in a tube of some kind.

on 11/30/2008 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was expecting more from this product.

Pros:
- Cute packaging
- Great natural color

Cons:
- Hard to get out of pot
- More drying than moisturizing

The scent/flavor is okay. The color just makes my lips pop, like my natural color but better.

on 11/19/2008 3:03:00 PM

I love this product so much! It makes your lips feel great. It's moisturizing and light, not at all sticky. It's definitely good for layering. You can apply a light coat for a natural look with just a hint of color or put more on a thicker coat for more dramatic color.
I just wish there was a larger color selection. I want them all!

Mmm this stuff is nice. Really smooth and moisturizing. The consistency is really like butter - soft and creamy, and not waxy or hard. The colour is exactly like the lid of the lip balm container, but sheer. Smells great too. The container is a little annoying because you really have to dig into it to get at the product, but it's not a huge deal.

on 11/3/2008 11:40:00 PM

usually my lips are excessivly dry but not quite so much with this product. if makes my lips feel soo soft when it's on and the tint is gorgeous. the only thing is i had to buy a lip brush with this so i don't need to stick my finger in the pot when i'm out &about.

New favorite lip product. It's perfect for the days when I don't feel like actually doing any makeup, because it's an instant face-brightener. It gives my lips a bright and healthy-looking flush, makes them soft and smooth, and smells DELISH (I'm also a fan of the Quince body butter, and this smells exactly the same: very quince-y). Its consistency is perfect and smooth and just thick enough. The only problem is that it's pigmented enough to make a mess, since it's in a pot. I'd like to see it in stick form, but the product outweighs the packaging in this case. For nine dollars, this has become a new staple for me.

on 10/14/2008 7:54:00 AM

Korres lipbuttes are my favorite (HG) tinted lipbalms in the world so Quince couldn't be an exception. This one has a pink tint in it, a real pink unlike Pomegranate which is more corally pink. It makes a nice, casual, daytime lipcolour while keeping lips soft and moist. As with all lipbutters the texture is really really soft, buttery and not at all greasy. I can't imagine not having it in my bag every day so I'm definetely repurchasing.

on 10/12/2008 10:39:00 PM

I love this stuff! I'm on my second pot, and it has quickly become my go-to YLBB shade. It's a soft pink and flatters my NW20 skin. While it is moisturizing, I wouldn't necessarily say it's any sort of treatment. Using this by itself won't fix chronically dry lips, but it's great to keep lips moisturized during the day. My only problem with this product, like many other people, is the fact that this comes in a pot instead of a stick or tube.

on 7/25/2008 9:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

What a surprise: I've finally found a tinted balm that meets my expectations. It's moisturizing, it stays in place, and it actually has discernable pigment! Korres Quince is a soft, peachy-rose shade. (I'm a PPP with dark brown hair/eyes, and this works as a YLBB color for me.) You can dab on just a tiny bit of this balm for a stain, or you can build it up for deeper color. It has a very subtle fruity scent, cute packaging, and a reasonable price (much less than a Chanel sheer lipstick!). My only complaint is Korres's false advertising: there is really nothing "natural" about this product. Sure, it doesn't contain silicones or mineral oil, but it does contain a slew of other synthetic ingredients. That's fine with me, because it's an excellent product in itself; I could just do without the hyprocrisy!

Popular Lip Treatments