April 23, 2014 | 1895 users online

Lip Treatments - Korres - Lip Butter -Quince

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2008 11:40:00 PM More reviews by lakess

usually my lips are excessivly dry but not quite so much with this product. if makes my lips feel soo soft when it's on and the tint is gorgeous. the only thing is i had to buy a lip brush with this so i don't need to stick my finger in the pot when i'm out &about.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2008 11:59:00 AM More reviews by lesjoursdepluie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

New favorite lip product. It's perfect for the days when I don't feel like actually doing any makeup, because it's an instant face-brightener. It gives my lips a bright and healthy-looking flush, makes them soft and smooth, and smells DELISH (I'm also a fan of the Quince body butter, and this smells exactly the same: very quince-y). Its consistency is perfect and smooth and just thick enough. The only problem is that it's pigmented enough to make a mess, since it's in a pot. I'd like to see it in stick form, but the product outweighs the packaging in this case. For nine dollars, this has become a new staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2008 7:54:00 AM More reviews by gina2685

Korres lipbuttes are my favorite (HG) tinted lipbalms in the world so Quince couldn't be an exception. This one has a pink tint in it, a real pink unlike Pomegranate which is more corally pink. It makes a nice, casual, daytime lipcolour while keeping lips soft and moist. As with all lipbutters the texture is really really soft, buttery and not at all greasy. I can't imagine not having it in my bag every day so I'm definetely repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by LeslieMUA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I'm on my second pot, and it has quickly become my go-to YLBB shade. It's a soft pink and flatters my NW20 skin. While it is moisturizing, I wouldn't necessarily say it's any sort of treatment. Using this by itself won't fix chronically dry lips, but it's great to keep lips moisturized during the day. My only problem with this product, like many other people, is the fact that this comes in a pot instead of a stick or tube.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2008 9:15:00 PM More reviews by stanzi

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a surprise: I've finally found a tinted balm that meets my expectations. It's moisturizing, it stays in place, and it actually has discernable pigment! Korres Quince is a soft, peachy-rose shade. (I'm a PPP with dark brown hair/eyes, and this works as a YLBB color for me.) You can dab on just a tiny bit of this balm for a stain, or you can build it up for deeper color. It has a very subtle fruity scent, cute packaging, and a reasonable price (much less than a Chanel sheer lipstick!). My only complaint is Korres's false advertising: there is really nothing "natural" about this product. Sure, it doesn't contain silicones or mineral oil, but it does contain a slew of other synthetic ingredients. That's fine with me, because it's an excellent product in itself; I could just do without the hyprocrisy!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2008 1:37:00 PM More reviews by babygreens

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My daily HG. I've been looking for a natural/organic product that adds color and moisture to my lips but isn't goopy, tacky, and filled with sparkles or mica (i HATE). I thought I would have to resort to blending my own until I found this. It's paraben-free, with no petroleum-based ingredients. It moisturizes like a lip balm and looks like a sheer lipstick, and it smells lovely (my boyfriend loves it). I have all three colors. This one is the most lip-like in color, while the rose and pomegranate are more reddish and orange-ish, respectively.

Big up to Korres for going paraben- and petroleum-free on this one. It's hard to find that in a product that's chic and well designed.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2008 6:26:00 PM More reviews by poppypixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is such a pretty colour for summer. Compared with the other 2 colours, this was the softest. Colour can look quite natural if just smudged on, or built for a more intense colour.
A very nice bright, but soft pink.
As others have commented, this would be even lovelier in a stick.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2008 8:56:00 AM More reviews by laratf

I feel like a loser going against the grain here, especially after I lusted this for so long before tossing it into a recent beauty.com order. After reading all of the glowing reviews, I was so excited! A soft moisturizing butter that gives your lips that pretty cherry-popsicle stain? Sign me up! I should have known, however, that I would never use it. I absolutely hate dipping my finger into lip gloss pots (even after my girlfriend told me you could rub the excess on your cuticles -- genius! -- though in this cause, I suppose you would have pink cuticles...). I wasn't impressed with the "butter" and found it more drying than moisturizing. The color also doesn't look natural on me (through no fault of Korres) so sadly, up for swap it goes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 11:46:00 PM More reviews by katwalker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in a kit because I wanted the Korres lip glosses, which I totally love. I wasn't psyched about the lip butter because I hate any product in which I have to dip my finger. It's just so messy. However, this seems to work just fine in this case. As long as I keep my nail out of the product, I can swirl my finger on the butter, then apply to my lips, then just do away with the rest of the product on my finger by rubbing my hands together (if I can't wipe my finger on a tissue or such). The butter is not gooey but is a sheer Chapstick-like texture. Quince leaves the most beautiful rosey color on the lips, and, as someone else mentioned, the color lasts! Even after the butter texture is gone, the color is still on the lips. Amazing! I highly recommend for those who want a nice, natural look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2008 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Daphers

Gorgeous neutral deep pink colour, YLBB, lovely fragrance, super soft lips. It also makes my lips pillowy and extra soft, perhaps because I rub the butter in.

Great value, recommended.