October 24, 2014 | 945 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

I have already repurchased this twice. I previously owned the anastasia brown wiz & loved that until the pencil started falling out and I was po'd that I paid 20 something bucks for an item that just fell apart. Anyways! I decided to try this one out because I thought it would be pretty much similar. I actually like this better than anastasia. This one has held up really nice, and it doesn't hurt that the price isn't bad at all either. The look it provides is very natural, but use with a light hand because it can look over done if you keep drawing it on and on. I apply a little at a time then take the spooly that was off the anastasia brow wiz and brush it in. This leads me to why I gave the maybelline a 4. I despise the other end of the pencil. The comb sucks..seriously. It doesn't help blend in the lines at all on my eye brows, but I don't mind because I already have a spooly that I use. I would say give this a try if you're looking for a good eye brow pencil. Even when I sweat, this still stays on and doesn't run at all. When I go to take off my make up with make up wipes, I have to rub a little to get the product off my eye brows so I would consider that a good thing. I will be repurchasing again, but knowing me I'll probably get bored and want to try another eye brow pencil or eye brow powder,

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Mikeswife

Maybelline discontinued the Expert Eyes twin pack in Charcoal Gray, which was my HG eyebrow pencil. Of course they did! I read reviews and someone mentioned that this pencil in Dark Blonde was a good match for color.

Price--not bad. I think it was $5 at Target, although the Expert Eyes was half that for double the amount.

Color--Dark Blonde is more or less the same tone as Charcoal Gray--no red undertone. My hair is a very dark ash brown, so who knew Dark Blonde would be a good choice? As an aside, I am not a fan of using eyeshadow in my brows or anything liquid.

Packaging--this is my biggest complaint with this product. I absolutely loathe the twist up pencil. One of the benefits of the Expert Eyes pack was that you could sharpen the pencil as needed and I would use the side to fill in my brows with short strokes. The side application also, IMO, gave me good control over how much product I was applying. This doesn't require sharpening, but the point is pretty thin and using it anyway other than head on is close to impossible. The comb on the end is small and relatively useless too.

Would I buy it again--well, I'm kind-of backed into a corner here, because I have yet to find anything else in a pencil in this shade. So yes, but I'll hate doing it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by mzjade22

I fell for the hype on this one. I dont know what I was thinking! The pencil is so small, almost too small! I dont get a lot of payoff from the product, I have to go over my brows several times to get any pay off. Its a bit dry, and definitely wears off during the day. Ive found the way to remedy this is by also using a brow powder, but now whats the point of the pencil of I also have to use powder? Definitely should have trusted my instincts on this one. Ill probably use it all up but will not be repurchasing and will try to prevent any of my friends from making the same mistake.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by lciaravi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Come on now! This product is a huge joke. Because of the rave reviews , I did pick this up (don't remember for sure, but I do hope I got it on some kind of sale) ! Yes, it works fine on your eyebrows..a fairly dry pencil that applies cleanly and doesn't smudge. But --and am I the only one noticing this??--it is SO TINY!! The pencil in it is very short and it runs out in no time. Maybelline must be making a lot of $$$ on this one. Sure, it's nice and skinny which gives you control, but a good $1 pencil sharpener will do the same for a nice Rimmel eyebrow pencil. For the price, what you are getting here is truly ridiculous. WAKE UP, ladies!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by hannahsim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I'm on my third pencil of this and I love it! My eyebrows are really thin and light blonde, so they practically disappear at one point. This pencil is a great size for my thin eyebrows and the color is perfect! Many people think it's my natural eyebrow color. I like the attached brush because it does help make my eyebrows look better. I would recommend this to anyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by casimone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Blends well with black hair. I find the comb helps to blend a bit which I thought it wouldn't be able to do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this brow pencil for the first six months of this year. I thought it was my holy grail. It is easy to use, I love the blonde color and it colors in my sparse (at the end) brows really easily.

But I also continued to read brow product reviews and I was intrigued with the Lancome brow pencil that is a powder-liner. I like the Lancome one more than this.

This is still a great product at a really good price. I just love the Lancome pencil more.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

best DS brow product and i have tried many. but there are two major irritations:

1) the comb at the end is annoying. a spoolie would have been much better (mascara wand type brush) and easier to brush the hairs with (which i find necessary to get good evenly filled natural looking brows). the comb is nearly impossible to brush the brows well with bc the teeth are too far apart. so i use my own spoolie.

2) the point sucks. it is not skinny enough to easily fill in arches/small areas precisely. it can't be sharpened. and it isn't retractable so if you twist out too much product the point will break off. to prevent this you need to twist more product out VERY often as you use it.

however, the colors look great, the formula is creamy, and it wears all day!

i am an anastasia brow wiz user and lover. if they fixed the point so it was retractable and thinner, i would switch to this stuff..even without a spoolie! (if there was a spoolie too it would be perfect)

it is about 8.something at the DS, don't know how many months the pencil will last. my HE pencil (anastasia brow wiz) cost about 20 but i got close to 6 months out of it, maybe more. so if i have to replace this more frequently it is not really cheaper than buying HE.

i am using dark blonde which i love. it is pretty much a pure dirty blonde, no odd red or yellow tones like many other pencils. perfect shade for my barely light brown/dirty blondeish hair and brows, which look too dark with a brown brow pencil.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Jackiiev

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this thing! its easy to apply. love the bristles...really do comb your eyebrows. the color matches very well depending on the hair color you have. you can do a very light fill in or a very dark fill in. and the price is not bad...
the only ONE thing i don't like is that it runs out quickly...i think it last me like about 5months...? which is not bad, but still...
anywho...i will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 9:02:00 AM More reviews by famouscigarillo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I bought this after hearing it was a dupe for the MAC eyebrow pencil - and it definitely is! In fact, I even like like this one better! My MAC pencil (in LIngering) cracked off a few times but this one never has. It glides on smooth and the colour is perfect for my brows. So yeah, love it! The brush on the opposite end of the pencil, however, is useless. The bristles are too close together.