July 26, 2014 | 967 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this brow pencil for the first six months of this year. I thought it was my holy grail. It is easy to use, I love the blonde color and it colors in my sparse (at the end) brows really easily.

But I also continued to read brow product reviews and I was intrigued with the Lancome brow pencil that is a powder-liner. I like the Lancome one more than this.

This is still a great product at a really good price. I just love the Lancome pencil more.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

best DS brow product and i have tried many. but there are two major irritations:

1) the comb at the end is annoying. a spoolie would have been much better (mascara wand type brush) and easier to brush the hairs with (which i find necessary to get good evenly filled natural looking brows). the comb is nearly impossible to brush the brows well with bc the teeth are too far apart. so i use my own spoolie.

2) the point sucks. it is not skinny enough to easily fill in arches/small areas precisely. it can't be sharpened. and it isn't retractable so if you twist out too much product the point will break off. to prevent this you need to twist more product out VERY often as you use it.

however, the colors look great, the formula is creamy, and it wears all day!

i am an anastasia brow wiz user and lover. if they fixed the point so it was retractable and thinner, i would switch to this stuff..even without a spoolie! (if there was a spoolie too it would be perfect)

it is about 8.something at the DS, don't know how many months the pencil will last. my HE pencil (anastasia brow wiz) cost about 20 but i got close to 6 months out of it, maybe more. so if i have to replace this more frequently it is not really cheaper than buying HE.

i am using dark blonde which i love. it is pretty much a pure dirty blonde, no odd red or yellow tones like many other pencils. perfect shade for my barely light brown/dirty blondeish hair and brows, which look too dark with a brown brow pencil.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Jackiiev

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this thing! its easy to apply. love the bristles...really do comb your eyebrows. the color matches very well depending on the hair color you have. you can do a very light fill in or a very dark fill in. and the price is not bad...
the only ONE thing i don't like is that it runs out quickly...i think it last me like about 5months...? which is not bad, but still...
anywho...i will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 9:02:00 AM More reviews by famouscigarillo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I bought this after hearing it was a dupe for the MAC eyebrow pencil - and it definitely is! In fact, I even like like this one better! My MAC pencil (in LIngering) cracked off a few times but this one never has. It glides on smooth and the colour is perfect for my brows. So yeah, love it! The brush on the opposite end of the pencil, however, is useless. The bristles are too close together.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by kimlovesdennis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Maybelline Define-A-Brow in dark brown has, unfortunately, been discontinued :( It was my favorite alternative for MAC's brow pencil in Spiked. Per Maybelline, the dark brown tone was not selling enough. It's a shame because there are no dark shades to cater to women of color.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by thekyayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've had this product for about 2 months now and I still have quite a bit left. I had black eyebrows so I use the darkest color which is called Dark Brown. This color is alright for me but I wish there was a black because sometimes it's obvious that I am wearing this. I actually like the comb because it's great for travel when I don't want to bring too many items with me. The reason I gave this a 4 is because I don't like that when you take out some product you cant put it back in so you have to be careful when you twist out the product because you can't twist it back in. Other than that I would repurchase this, I just wish that there was a darker color but I can live with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by italianochef

If I remember correctly, I paid less than 8 bucks and i've had this for about two months and I'm lovin' everyday! I don't like that you twist the product out but it makes sense since it is rather soft which makes transferring to skin easy and a light touch is good enough :) I tend to use quite a lot and i'm not filling in that much but i think that has something to do with the softness again.
I use brown and have very dark brown hairs that have pretty much no red and if I put too much 'out of line' it tends to appear a bit reddish brown but when blended well and lightly put on open areas is fine and a great match! Great for quick on the go but be careful anyways and don't be sloppy because it gets dark very fast!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by shgirl2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I really like this and use a color a shade lighter than my hair, Dark Blonde. It's easy to apply, lasts and the packaging is fine to me except for the comb on the end, I don't ever use it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I bought the lightest color and while it's okay I think the pencil is a little too thin and hard. In addition it's not such a bargain because you get very little for the price. I found the comb to be pretty useless; I'd much prefer a spoolie. And although the Maybelline taupe color was okay, I found the brown color in the Clinique brow powder to match my hair color better so it sometimes pays to put up with the annoying dept store sales associates.

Overall in my search to find a substitute to what I was using previously (Chantecaille's eyebrow pencil) I found Clinique's brow powder to be the best bargain in my neck of the woods compared to my old love, Chantecaille's eyebrow pencil which was rather expensive and now very hard to find in my area without ordering it. I've been using Clinique's brow powder for over a month without a dent in it and it looks very natural on my brows and it's easy to work with, plus it holds up to heat and humidity.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Jilleane

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product, however, they don't give you very much of it. I find I run out of this quickly and always have to have a back up. It does break easily, and I find no use for the comb at the end. I will keep buying it until I find something better that lasts longer for the money.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No