October 1, 2014 | 1528 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by lciaravi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Come on now! This product is a huge joke. Because of the rave reviews , I did pick this up (don't remember for sure, but I do hope I got it on some kind of sale) ! Yes, it works fine on your eyebrows..a fairly dry pencil that applies cleanly and doesn't smudge. But --and am I the only one noticing this??--it is SO TINY!! The pencil in it is very short and it runs out in no time. Maybelline must be making a lot of $$$ on this one. Sure, it's nice and skinny which gives you control, but a good $1 pencil sharpener will do the same for a nice Rimmel eyebrow pencil. For the price, what you are getting here is truly ridiculous. WAKE UP, ladies!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by hannahsim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I'm on my third pencil of this and I love it! My eyebrows are really thin and light blonde, so they practically disappear at one point. This pencil is a great size for my thin eyebrows and the color is perfect! Many people think it's my natural eyebrow color. I like the attached brush because it does help make my eyebrows look better. I would recommend this to anyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by casimone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Blends well with black hair. I find the comb helps to blend a bit which I thought it wouldn't be able to do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this brow pencil for the first six months of this year. I thought it was my holy grail. It is easy to use, I love the blonde color and it colors in my sparse (at the end) brows really easily.

But I also continued to read brow product reviews and I was intrigued with the Lancome brow pencil that is a powder-liner. I like the Lancome one more than this.

This is still a great product at a really good price. I just love the Lancome pencil more.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

best DS brow product and i have tried many. but there are two major irritations:

1) the comb at the end is annoying. a spoolie would have been much better (mascara wand type brush) and easier to brush the hairs with (which i find necessary to get good evenly filled natural looking brows). the comb is nearly impossible to brush the brows well with bc the teeth are too far apart. so i use my own spoolie.

2) the point sucks. it is not skinny enough to easily fill in arches/small areas precisely. it can't be sharpened. and it isn't retractable so if you twist out too much product the point will break off. to prevent this you need to twist more product out VERY often as you use it.

however, the colors look great, the formula is creamy, and it wears all day!

i am an anastasia brow wiz user and lover. if they fixed the point so it was retractable and thinner, i would switch to this stuff..even without a spoolie! (if there was a spoolie too it would be perfect)

it is about 8.something at the DS, don't know how many months the pencil will last. my HE pencil (anastasia brow wiz) cost about 20 but i got close to 6 months out of it, maybe more. so if i have to replace this more frequently it is not really cheaper than buying HE.

i am using dark blonde which i love. it is pretty much a pure dirty blonde, no odd red or yellow tones like many other pencils. perfect shade for my barely light brown/dirty blondeish hair and brows, which look too dark with a brown brow pencil.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Jackiiev

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this thing! its easy to apply. love the bristles...really do comb your eyebrows. the color matches very well depending on the hair color you have. you can do a very light fill in or a very dark fill in. and the price is not bad...
the only ONE thing i don't like is that it runs out quickly...i think it last me like about 5months...? which is not bad, but still...
anywho...i will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 9:02:00 AM More reviews by famouscigarillo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I bought this after hearing it was a dupe for the MAC eyebrow pencil - and it definitely is! In fact, I even like like this one better! My MAC pencil (in LIngering) cracked off a few times but this one never has. It glides on smooth and the colour is perfect for my brows. So yeah, love it! The brush on the opposite end of the pencil, however, is useless. The bristles are too close together.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by kimlovesdennis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Maybelline Define-A-Brow in dark brown has, unfortunately, been discontinued :( It was my favorite alternative for MAC's brow pencil in Spiked. Per Maybelline, the dark brown tone was not selling enough. It's a shame because there are no dark shades to cater to women of color.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by thekyayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've had this product for about 2 months now and I still have quite a bit left. I had black eyebrows so I use the darkest color which is called Dark Brown. This color is alright for me but I wish there was a black because sometimes it's obvious that I am wearing this. I actually like the comb because it's great for travel when I don't want to bring too many items with me. The reason I gave this a 4 is because I don't like that when you take out some product you cant put it back in so you have to be careful when you twist out the product because you can't twist it back in. Other than that I would repurchase this, I just wish that there was a darker color but I can live with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by italianochef

If I remember correctly, I paid less than 8 bucks and i've had this for about two months and I'm lovin' everyday! I don't like that you twist the product out but it makes sense since it is rather soft which makes transferring to skin easy and a light touch is good enough :) I tend to use quite a lot and i'm not filling in that much but i think that has something to do with the softness again.
I use brown and have very dark brown hairs that have pretty much no red and if I put too much 'out of line' it tends to appear a bit reddish brown but when blended well and lightly put on open areas is fine and a great match! Great for quick on the go but be careful anyways and don't be sloppy because it gets dark very fast!