October 24, 2014 | 1761 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Only got a sample but will buy full size
Colour: pale yellow-toned beige
Finish: matte
Texture: buttery
It dries in a flash and doesn't look cakey. I was looking for a base for non-yellow-based e/s. There's minimal creasing by the end of the day.
Really great skin-toned base for fair to medium skintones, I guess. Will try Painterly for comparison

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Olive143

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I needed an eyelid primer because I wanted the true color of my eyeshadows to show. I've never owned a primer and wanted to see if there was a difference. Now, I can never be without! Soft Ochre is opaque and has a concealer like consistancy. I've never used a primer before and noticed my eyeshadows do not stay on very long. I'm pleased with the results! Sometimes I go without any color on my lids and just use this for the brightening effect. I also have Rubenesque Paint Pot which gives me just enough warmth and love! I like to use that when I'm applying shades like MAC's All That Glitters. I imagine that the jar will last a very long time as you need only a little bit on each application. How clever of MAC to put a product out like this. I use my Paint Pots daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by 9Chickweed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I'd buy this again in a heartbeat. I've had mine for well over a year now and fortunately it hasn't dried out at all. I use this everyday before my eye makeup to even out my eyelid skintone and primer. For reference, I'm NC35. A little bit goes a long way!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by sysco9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product for $21 at mac and I luve this! Since I am very fair I can use this as a concealer wich is what I love it for! It has a yellow undertone so it counteracts the dark undereye circles. It doesn't crease as my concealer HOWEVER it did crease as an eyeshadow base but maybe I just applied too much. I really hope this doesn't dry out fast! As a concealer I find that is covers VERY well medium-full coverage yet you can't tell wether or not I'm wearing it :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by marcigurl

This product dried up very quickly when I had only used it a few times and makes my light-medium skin tone look very sickly like on my eyes. It is so dry that it makes your eyeshadow look cakey. For those of you that have already purchased this and want to know how to solve the "drying" out problem is to use E.L.F. eyeshadow primer that is like a wand,put that on your eyelid first then apply this base. I don't trust E.L.F. primer alone because it is so liquidy and to me doesn't seem as if it will stay on long, so I guess the two work hand in hand.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by BeautifulMistakex3

I was very excited to try this product because it had so many good reviews. It works great as a base for your eyeshadows but you have to apply a small amount if you dont it will crease and look cakey! but I regret buying this for the only reason it dried up so fast :( and there was so much left. Waste of money. Once its dried up no matter what you do to make it softer or atleast being able to use it, it wont work. It dries up like clay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 4:03:00 AM More reviews by GothicGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a wonderful product. I use it as a lid primer before applying eye shadows, and just by itself on days I don't wear any shadow.

Worn by itself it really evens out the lid colour and perfects a flawless foundation look. I use NC15 studio fix and soft ochre is a perfect colour for the lids. It brightens my eyes, and yep I really do love it.

Worn as a primer under an eye shadow it works really well. First of all, if using MAC loose pigment shadow this product is a must. It keeps the shadow in place without it all falling or smudging off. No creases either.

Fantastic product! Love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by supersophie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

If you're looking for something to even out your eyelids (for pale-ish skin, NC15-NC25 I'd say) then this is for you. If you're cool toned (NW) then I'd go for Painterly - this is more for warm toned skin, IMO. I genuinely think a concealer works just as well though. It's EXACTLY the same colour as my Studio Fix concealer in NC20.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by shinewin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to hate any types of cream cosmetics except for lip products. This color actually works really well with my skin tone on the lid areas. If you put on a light layer of this paint pot, it will hold your shadows and it does make the shadows last longer. You can use it with a primer or without, since it's already creamy, it's not necessary to use a primer. I don't like the jar packaging, because of sanitation purposes. It's quite expensive but it last a very long time. I only wear makeup twice a week, so this will last me a few years. I would like to try the other neutral or natural paint pots colors by MAC.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2011 10:47:00 AM More reviews by aPetiteDiva

Everyone loves this product, sadly I don't, it creases up no matter how I apply it or how long I wait for it to dry. The color is all wrong on me (none of the neutral paint pots do) and it's drying up now...need to chuck it.