April 20, 2014 | 1591 users online

Crème - Becca - Stick Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2005 7:27:00 AM More reviews by Limey

I spent 45 minutes at Sephora yesterday , as the SA tried various foundations, including Sue Devitt, and this was the winner hands down. She was amazed at the coverage and the colour match, she had not used it on anyone before , I wanted to try it due to MUA reviews! It covers beautifully , without looking masky at all. It is very easy to adjust the thickness to make it sheer or to use as a concealer. The colour range is amazing, I would suggest going a little darker than you would think, I am a Mac NC 30 and Honeycomb is a perfect match, you cannot tell I even have any make-up on. My skin is combo and I am in my later 40s, but I do have very good skin apart from an occasional blemish, but I think everyone should at least try this. I am stunned by it and will begin to use this whole range.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2005 3:20:00 PM More reviews by JanM

I really like this product. It is rather like a jumbo sized foundation stick. The good points are that it comes in an impressive range of colours from the palest of pales to the darkest of darks and everything in between - what I particularly like being a PPP is that there is a spread of shades for me, rather than a jump from pale to medium, and it has an SPF30. The downside for me is that it has a tendancy to be a bit difficult to blend, and can travel if you use it too close to the eyes, but is there a product that doesn't do that??
It's not cheap at ~ £30 but it has lasted me over 18months of using at least 4X per week. I'd repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2005 5:16:00 AM More reviews by pooja323

superior foundation stick. when used with a foundation brush only on areas that need coverage, then its perfect. it's thicker than MAC studio tech & not as greasy as smashbox cream foundation. i use cappuccino when i'm pale, and pecan when i'm a bit tanned. this foundation lasts for hours... even after grueling los angeles heat. hasn't broken me out at all because i actually READ the directions on how to use this stuff. BSF is step 2 in the becca foundation system. depending on the type of coverage you need, you might only need two steps but i actually do 4. a green primer from smashbox which contains silicone to smooth out imperfections & fill in wrinkles. then its the amazing becca luminous skin colour in bamboo, then it's becca compact concealer applied with a becca concealer brush, then it's the becca stick foundation in cappuccino applied with a becca foundation brush on my red patches and broken capilaries. then it's a light dusting of the becca fine loose finishing powder in wheat. voila! my skin looks like it's totally beautiful perfect skin. btw... i find it odd that some women are having difficulty using this stuff. i'm reading stuff on here where women dilute it, add moisturizer, ect. i think all your problems would be solved if you just bought yourself a foundation brush. i cant stress enough on how important that is so you get coverage that is not cakey or masky. i think me and my becca foundation stick will have a very good lasting relationship.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2005 1:11:00 PM More reviews by ruffell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used mallow color to match my light tan skin .. blend well to a perfect flawless skin .. though it becomes oily after an hour .. but the oil kinda make my skin look natural than to have matte skin .. stays well from morning 9am till 5pm .. can be used as undereye make up also . great for travelling cause it needs no powder .. definitely will buy again and I'm using my third stick now .. better than MAC and Bobbi Brown I've tried.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2005 3:39:00 AM More reviews by ifthe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Eh. Nothing spectacular here. I actually found the stick to be a bit difficult to blend and it tended to accentuate any flakes or dry patches. However, I do agree that the color selection is amazing and I was able to find an exact match in Tahini(MAC NC30/C3 Studiofix). I also like the cute art deco style logo Becca has:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2005 9:16:00 PM More reviews by teddyblue

OHH MY GOSH! I cant hardly contain myself with this product. It is the best!!! IF i could have only one Becca product it would be this ! MY MY MY! covers amazingly, feels like a cloud, not oily, not drying! what more can one ask for? ABSOLUTE RAVE!

PS.I have maple for my NC42 skin

Update: Still loving this foundation, although i was thinking of getting a tinted moisturizer since i am trying to go for the dewy/glowy skin effect this time of the year. So i was looking around, but everything seems to be too shiny, or too expensive. SO i decided to stick to this one. I still wanted the look so i started to think. I decided to experiment a little and apply this and then put my moisturizer after. It works great!!I am so happy because now i dont have to go buy something else!To highlight my cheeks instead of buying another product, i decided to just use Mac's eyeshadow in Jest, I know it might sound weird, but it looks great on cheeks too!besides it is just pigment. I am loving this.
I still highly recommend this product, it lasts forever, and it feels great on skin, plus its got SPF.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2005 6:29:00 AM More reviews by bronze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG foundation!!!!! It blends, looks like I have no makeup on......just amazing skin!!! i lloooooooooovvvee it!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2005 12:46:00 PM More reviews by nanda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

for those of us who have been searching for "the perfect foundation" (looks natural, blendable, good color match), this is a tragic tale. why? because this is a perfectly flawless color match, easy to apply, looks lovely (yes, you have to wear powder over it and yes, if you apply it moderately to heavily, you will look like an oil-slick unless you're dry--the key with this is to apply it lightly with the brush)...

but it totally breaks us acne-prone gals out! makes me want to cry, especially since i haven't had 1 break-out in the year since i finished my accutane treatment. there's no question that it's this product that broke me out, and thus no question that i won't be able to use it again. so sad b/c it looks flawless otherwise (hence the two lippies). continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2005 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

I had reviewed this before but I thought I'd delete that and write a new review (a bit shorter this time!) Basically, this has its good points: Colour selection. I have Cashew and it's great at concealing redness around my face but still matches my skin well. Application: easy peasy! As long as skin is not flaky - like a lot of foundations this emphasises flakes) and you blend well. SPF30 (although I wouldn't want to use this all over). Now, for the negatives - mainly that it makes my skin look rather greasy. Immediately after application it looks great, really natural and flawless, and I think "Oh, I don't need powder"... alas, give it an hour and I look like an oil slick! Then again many foundations have that effect on me :-(
Try before you buy, but it is a good product. I end up using it mainly because of the easy and quick application, and deal with the oil afterwards. It's very portable so great for travelling (in not too hot climes perhaps!) It's definitely not for those who want an all-over sheer "diffusing" veil of colour, but rather when you want to use product only where needed and leave the rest bare. ***UPDATE I've changed my rating to a "no" because of the oil problem. Shame.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2005 4:43:00 PM More reviews by brooklyntbone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this in combination with the Luminous Skin Color, although sometimes when I'm in a hurry I just use this stick. I love it for a few reasons. First, the shades match my skin exactly. I wear Toffee in the summer and Honey in the winter. Second, the coverage is terrific. It's sort of a 3-in-1, since it functions as concealer and foundation, and it dries to a powder finish. I put it on lightly with my fingers and get good, even coverage that looks nice and not like a mask. Plus, I don't feel it on. It goes on sort of thick, but once it sets and sinks in, you really don't feel it. And the pigment is so intense that you just need a little bit. Third, the stick is so easy to take in my bag. I don't need to carry powder, foundation, brushes, all that, just this stick. No breakouts so far (my skin is obnoxiously sensitive) and I don't even need to touch up that much. I just dab a little around the corners of my nose and under my eyes in the afternoon. Great product.