December 20, 2014 | 1717 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 6:03:00 AM More reviews by manishap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product now for a year and i love it. It gives a natural glow and non messy. I apply my liquid foundation and then Skinfinish with a MAC 170 brush. It gives an amazing air brushed look and a little goes a long way. I have read the reviews below and people are talking about a puff. I have not seen one or had one with my purchases but i think the brush is always the best way to go with minerlize products.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by BellaBoo86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just wanted to add another glowing review for a great product! My skin tone is anywhere from NC25 to NC35 (depending on how well I'm keeping up with my sunless tanning) and I've got fairly strong yellow undertones. I was matched to Medium Plus as the regular Medium was way way too pink. I ADORE the finish of this product, luminous is truly the right word for it. It's been said before, on it's own this product's coverage is on the sheer side. It's not going to do you any favors if you're trying to cover blemishes or significant color unevenness. On days that my skin just sucks, I bust out my DS liquid foundation and do a layer of that followed by MSFN. It's like a whole new face! On "good skin" days, or even just lazy days, this stuff is great on it's own. With or without the liquid foundation, I just buff it on with a kabuki brush or a fluffy powder brush. I LOVE the pressed minerals as they're not nearly messy as the loose. It's much more convenient for traveling too (if any one has tried to bring BM on a plane or car trip, you know what I'm talking about). I didn't have any breaking out problems with this product. The packing is sleek and simple, I like it, but agree a mirror would have been nice for touch ups on the go. Pricey product, but very well worth it in my mind. I'd recommend this to anyone and everyone. I'll be buying a second one when I don't stay on top of the upkeep of my fake tan. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Tifmcd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love it! I'm an oily girl and up until now I had realized that I should probably chuck liquid foundations. This product has given me the coverage I need without overly oilying my face.

Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 7:38:00 AM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've always been quite picky with powders because my skin has the tendency to break out easily. Most powders I had tried in the past always left my skin feeling tight and/or dry even when I had moisturized, or didn't give me enough coverage. But this powder was different. I had gone to MAC and told the SA my problems and she recommended this. I love this powder! I feel it has light-medium coverage. What I love about it is how it sits on my face. It's almost like a moist powder? As I get oily during the day, the powder doesn't separate or fade away, it just looks more natural. It's not entirely matte. I used to use Select Sheer but it left my skin dry and flat. I'm very glad this isn't LE or anything like that because I've actually found a powder that agrees with my skin and doesn't make me look made up! My only problem with this product is the puff it comes with. I rather prefer applying it with a brush.

For reference I'm an NW25.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by jazzercise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always heard that mineral products were great for your skin, but never knew that it would break me out so bad! My oily combination skin is usually quite moderate when it comes to acne, just a few here and there on my T-zone. But within the first week of using this powder, I got pimples in places I've never had before (ex. my cheeks).

Thank god for their return policy, I recently exchanged it for the MAC studiofix careblend in medium plus. Hopefully that one works out better!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 3:30:00 AM More reviews by ilhwo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this powder! I have very dry skin in some spots (thanks to my eczema) and normal skin in other areas, and this applies smoothly without caking or emphasizing dryness or flaking. It actually gives me a really nice, natural, satin finish: not too matte, not too dewy. It feels very light on the skin too; I don't feel like I have anything on.
The coverage isn't really high, but a light layer is enough to even out my skin tone and conceal some of my lighter blemishes. It's also more layerable than other powders I've tried, so if I don't feel like using concealer for whatever reason, I can cover up stuff like darker spots or even my dark circles, if they aren't too severe. At that point, the finish becomes less "natural", but it still isn't super powdery or cakey.
The only cons I can think of are that the MUA might have matched me a little dark, which is more noticeable when I try to apply more of this. I also would have liked it if this this came with a mirror.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by summrgirl720

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the first MAC powder i bought, hit pan on, and am now repurchasing. I always used Clinique's Stay Matte, until one day the MAC SA used this on me and i figured i'd try it out - what the hell, ya know? Well... I realized the price per oz is cheaper than Clinique and I love the satin finish compared to Clinique's matte finish! I love the almost luminosity this powder brings to my face as a finishing powder. I never feel over done and as another reviewer stated, i feel like my skin can breathe. It definitely is a very light/sheer coverage, but buildable, if you want to wear it alone. It doesn't settle into any fine lines for me - even under the eye - and it doesn't give me any orangey or pink oxidizing colorization. I'm NW25-NW30, depending on the season... and this color transitions me throughout the year. My one qualm with this is i feel like although there's more than Clinique's, I definitely used it up faster. Not sure if it was because I was just loving it so much or because the powder just tends to waste faster. Hm.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 8:16:00 AM More reviews by CocoPinkXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For a powder this gives such a beautiful look that isnt too matte. I do think it emphasizes fine line's though if you over apply it and try to wear it as a full on foundation. I swear I instantly get compliments whenever I wear it, it just gives your skin an eventoned airbrushed look. I think it's a fab buy, it also makes the best bronzer if you get a shade 1-2 shades darker then your skin. Apply it with a light hand and you'll love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by diamondprincess21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of all the rave reviews, but whenever I put this on; my skin looks dirty. Maybe I have the wrong color, or maybe i'm not applying it properly. I'm a nc30 for reference and was matched with medium plus. I might try going to a MAC counter and try getting matched with a different color.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Alissab123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I usually use this product in conjunction with my cg smoothers tinted moisturizer (but any tinted moisturizer works) to set it, give me a little more coverage, and end up with an airbrushed, flawless effect. It really delivers! I loooooove this powder SO MUCH. Only problem is if you apply too much or don't have quite the right shade etc. it can look a bit cakey. other than that 5 LIPPIES!!!!!! love this, REALLY reccomend for anyone who want a flawless airbrush finish!! (AKA everyone!) I really wish it had a mirror that came with it though :/