November 21, 2014 | 1674 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Minniemz

I used castor oil just for the heck of it. I wasn't really seriously expecting anything out of it. Since i was trying to save money from expensive but effective latisse, i googled around for a cheap alternative.

Castor oil came up. So i tried it. I used a cheap elf eyeliner to place the oil on my lids. Kept using it and just never thought much about it. But voila! A month later my eyelashes were thicker and longer. I was like holy moly! This stuff really works!

Im so happy this was effective! Now i dont have to shell out too much moolah for eyelash maintenance. A bottle of castor oil would practically last for ages! Loveeeet!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 5:41:00 AM More reviews by ash1992

So I've never really been impressed with ANY product to actually boot up my laptop and write a review, but but - Castor oil is MY MIRACLE product. So I bought this off a drugstore when I saw it was dirt cheap and I hoard all kinds of oils for my hair and skin.
A little background check - So one day I decided to clean up my eyebrows on my own - worst decision ever.. I shaved a little too much in the middle and It made my forehead look SO BIG ( A little tip for the ladies - keep your eyebrows really long - as long as possible in the middle, it makes your face look thinner! ) And I'm a lazy klutz so I dont find a mascara wand to apply to per se. I just took a quarter size in my palm and applied it quite unevenly on my eyebrow area and went to sleep. The next morning - voila, In less than 8 HOURS I swear I could see tiny little baby hairs on my brows.. If that's not a miracle then I dont know what is. Read on to find out what else castor oil works for
Nails and Hands - Sometimes being lazy helps. If you take the oil in your hands and rub them on your hair like I do, added benefit is really soft hands and great cuticles.
Hair - This is PROVEN, for me and a million other women. Fact of the matter is - Castor oil makes your hair grow at AN ALARMING rate - quite alarming for me I'm wondering if I'll turn into king kong or something. That good. Apply it on your hair - EVERY night, that's right. I know its REALLY thick, but if you've got normal hair like I do, the hair just soaks up the nourishment, you can totally wash it off in the morning with a good shampoo - sometimes I do it twice, totally worth it. My hair has grown atleast an inch in A WEEK!
Eyebrows and Eyelashes - Enough said. They make both long, thick AND DARKER. Better than any MAC product.
Skin - This is the best part, which I found for myself. Every night as my clean up routine - I wash my face with Dermaderm (A gem) and pat it dry and apply sea salt toner (Dont waste your money on expensive toner. Make your own DIY toner - with sea salt + water. Its THE BOMB especially if you've acne prone skin like I do .. ) And then I take castor oil and massage my face and neck with it. I dont miss out any area - eyebrows, eyelashes, creases on the face, basically everywhere. And I apply it on my hair too. (Only do all this if you arent sleeping with your bf. ;) Lol. Cos you look like a grease ocean at the END of it) If you can take a little discomfort for the sake of your hair and skin, its worth it. Wear old clothes. When you wake up in the morning - this is THE absolute best part for me, I run to the mirror to check the results and for 3 months now, in a row, I've not been disappointed a SINGLE day. I've amazing skin - no zits/marks/scars. I've fantastic, LUSH lush hair, mid back length (when I started out, it grazed the shoulders) My eye lashes are a MILE long, literally fairytake lashes. And thick eyebrows. Altogether - HELL YEAH, am a happy person in life. Would I buy it again, I'd rather go without ANY other make up pdt than my bottle of castor oil. Try it once and you'll be sitting here writing your own review cos its addictive and gives astonishing results. Good luck to all the women in getting great skin and hair! :D

47 out of 51 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Problemchild

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The search for longer, fuller and healthier brows and lashes stops here.
I have had health issues that made my brows and lashes fall off- slow but sure march to trying anything and everything to keep them from going the way of the dinosaurs.

I decanted some of this oil into an empty and very clean mascara tube. Brushed it on at night and saw improvement in 3 weeks. It has gotten to the point where I can see a weird second line of new lashes and it is crazy long.

I doubt that this product needs any more positive things said about it, as it has marched on for centuries curing all sorts of ailments. I just wanted to add my two cents so that anybody suffering from the same problem may think of trying this oil out and spare themselves the rigmarole of jumping from one product to the next without finding an answer.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by 14357

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my eyelashes did grow legnth wise! been using it for almostt a month,

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 5:48:00 AM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I lost a lot of hair after having a baby. I couldn't use this for my brows or lashes because it really STINGS and BURNS if it gets into my eyes, like getting soap into your eyes! Didn't anyone else have this reaction? I can't use it on the brows because I tend to always overdo things and put on too much and it runs into my eyes and burns. But on my head, trying to get back the hair I lost? I'd been using rosemary oil for a long time to try and get the hair back but to no avail. So I thought I would have to get resigned to the idea of having thinning hair forever, like some elderly ladies I see. Then I read about castor oil on here and I started applying it to my roots (mixed with olive oil) twice a week a couple of months ago. And OH BOY AM I SOOO HAPPY NOW!!! I've got lots and lots and lots of little baby hairs sprouting out all over now, a whole halo of baby hairs everywhere. I just apply it, leave it on for at least 2 hours and then shampoo it out, it takes 2 shampoos and I use sulfate-free shampoo bars. I don't know if I will ever go back to pre-baby thickness, but for the moment I am absolutely THRILLED, like you can't imagine!

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by curlycuesue

This stuff works, slowly but surely. I've applied it to my brows and lashes for the past month or so, few times a week, and I notice a difference. I'm trying to thicken my brows, and correct the uneven, sparse areas. Some areas have new growth (albeit fine and light), and others are still empty, but I'm not giving up hope. For my lashes, I don't notice any new growth or thickness/lusciousness, but they're definitely longer (both top and bottom). I can't wear castor oil on my lashes when I go to sleep b/c it irritates my eyes causing puffiness in the morning. However, when I'm home and have nowhere to go, I dip a q-tip in the oil, and generously spread it on my brows and lashes. Will definitely keep using!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by noelineX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Castor oil is great for dry sensitive skin and all skin types. My adult acne cleared up completely since I ditched all chemical cleansers, toners and creams. I have no more scarring thanks to a combination of essential oils, nourishing oils, and base oils of avocado oil and castor oil. I wash with a glyserine soap, use pure honey for a facial massage, tone with aloe vera juice and moisturise with above combination of oils. Cosmetic companies use chemicals to 'puff up' their ingredients to make them look more, they add chemicals to actually seal your skin and it feels soft and smooth but it has a drying effect, so you use more of their creams this = more sales. acne is caused by dead skin that we shed daily that's not removed properly which then clogs the pores, by washing your face lightly with a spunge daily with light cleanser like glyserine removes these flakes. I used to work for a big cosmetic company and will never use the chemical ridden products again. Remember, what you put onto your skin gets absorbed into your body, which causes illnesses later in life. Go natural and keep your skin and body healthy. a Happy skin is a glowing skin.

14 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Catloveschanel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used Castor Oil for 2 weeks on my eyelashes and eyebrows and it is working. My eyelashes have gotten longer and thicker in one week. My eyebrows are not unruly anymore (they are very sparse) and I can see new growth. I put this on at night with a q-tip after I have gotten everything else done. The second night I put it on, I got too much on and in the morning, my eyelashes were kind of sticking and I had not gotten all the mascara off, so it came off everytime I blinked. It was sort of hilarious, well it would have been if I had not been trying to get out the door. Now I wipe the excess off on a spot on the back of my hand and I don't see that it is lightening, or going away, but I doubt that this is the intent, I was just trying it.

My husband asked if it was poisonous, and I googled that and people use it internally for a laxative - but I am not recommending internal use. The waste product contains a toxin, which you can read about on wickipedia in light of events in Boston ...

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted this to work for me to thicken up my super sparse brows. Alas, it did nothing. I also find the scent really awful.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by madhat

Drop the expensive mascaras,fake lashes and other products promising to grow your lashes to the garbage bin!I swear to God,if you apply castor oil every night on your lashes(I do so on upper and low lid) after one month,in combination to your mascara,your lashes will be absolutely perfect!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No